Bebop 2 Motor Stall...but not the motor

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
jallious
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Bebop 2 Motor Stall...but not the motor

Post by jallious » 26 May 2018, 09:05

I bought a brandy-new Bebop 2 and took it for an inaugural flight. Of course, it contacted something on the right side and went down. After charging back up I tried to take it off aaaaaaand? Motor stall, and on the opposite side of where it contacted? No visible damage to it, so what's the deal? Well, I took it apart to make sure there really wasn't anything there...nothing. I bought a replacement motor and tried again. Same issue! Not sure what else I can do at this point... Help?

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Bebop 2 Motor Stall...but not the motor

Post by Apolonio » 27 May 2018, 04:41

The only thing I can think of is one of the motors is not fastened tightly, three tiny screws keeps each motor mounted.

That happened to my Bebop2, during a take off about 30-40 feet in the air had a motor failure. Bebop came crashing down, fortunately no damage except on prop waa broken because of the motor vibration prop hit the leg.

One of the three screws came off, the other two were so loose it's a wonder the motor wasn't damaged. Luckily, if a screw does come off it won't go anywhere it's trapped inside the motor assemble.

Wiggle each motor, look for signs of a loose motor. In my case, the assemble person probably forgot to tighten these three screws. So ever so often since, I wiggle each motor. If tight, it's good to go.

Good luck,
Paul

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by Apolonio » 27 May 2018, 04:42

The only thing I can think of is one of the motors is not fastened tightly, three tiny screws keeps each motor mounted.

That happened to my Bebop2, during a take off about 30-40 feet in the air had a motor failure. Bebop came crashing down, fortunately no damage except on prop waa broken because of the motor vibration prop hit the leg.

One of the three screws came off, the other two were so loose it's a wonder the motor wasn't damaged. Luckily, if a screw does come off it won't go anywhere it's trapped inside the motor assemble.

Wiggle each motor, look for signs of a loose motor. In my case, the assemble person probably forgot to tighten these three screws. So ever so often since, I wiggle each motor. If tight, it's good to go.

Good luck,
Paul

jallious
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by jallious » 28 May 2018, 07:25

I stated i took it apart, as well as replaced the motor. Anyway, its all uniform in the assembly now and just this same issue. I took everything apart to the main board to check for inconsistencies. Nothing to find...