Taking Photos & videos while in flight

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
larry31
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Taking Photos & videos while in flight

Post by larry31 » 16 Feb 2018, 02:09

I have a Bebop-2 & a Galaxy Tab-S2. Running Free Flight Pro V-5.1.1 Most on-line videos do not show the same screen shots as my V-5.1.1. ( must be earlier versions?? )

I can take videos ok, but am having trouble getting still shots while in flight.
When I switch to photo mode, and take a still shot, I can't switch back and get live video.

I've tried clicking on the camera icon, and it goes back to a video icon ok, but I lose the control compasses (not sure what they are called?) The back arrow on left takes me back to the Galaxy's main screen, where I click on the Free Flight Pro icon then click on the arrow in lower right of split screen. I then see the control compasses. From that point on, I get no video, unless I re-start both the Tablet, and Drone.

I may be missing something in the sequence. How do I go back to taking video after the still shot is taken?

Can someone give complete sequence of just what to click on, to cycle from taking a video, to taking a still shot, and back to taking live video again?
( Please do not tell me to watch a tutorial video, they go so fast, I can't keep up with all the clicks they do in such short time. )

I wish they would update the tutorial videos to current FFP version, showing updated screen shots.

larry31
Ready for take off

Re: Taking Photos & videos while in flight

Post by larry31 » 18 Feb 2018, 16:38

The more I search about this video issue, the more I see "bad-video" being mentioned. I have to say, my bebop video is pretty bad.
This is what I'm getting from my Bebop ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAZRKT6RBeU
Not happy with the quality of the video at all!

waterlanding
Ready for take off

Re: Taking Photos & videos while in flight

Post by waterlanding » 25 Feb 2018, 22:15

That's a known bug in 5.1.1 on the Galaxy Tab S2 (Android 7.0)

Believe it or not, all you have to do is go into FreeFlight Pro/settings/interface and turn off the "minimap". You won't have the "Radar" function, but all other functions of the app will run rock-steady.
:)