Hover drifting issue

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
MastrChase
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hover drifting issue

Post by MastrChase » 10 Feb 2018, 09:45

Hi all! I got my Bebop 2 today and have crashed half the time! Lol. Anyway, when I push take off, it hovers but drifts toward me. Slowly at first but picks up a little speed. Did I screw up putting the props on? Is this normal? Thanks!

waterlanding
Up and hovering

Re: Hover drifting issue

Post by waterlanding » 11 Feb 2018, 22:48

Be sure to calibrate the drone, and even more important, Flat Trim on a truly flat surface.

Also, the drone's hover lock is dependent on it's (low res) downward camera to see objects /outlines below it to lock onto. It will tend to drift indoors (low light, nothing to see below it), and it can drift outdoors if you're over plain grass/concrete/etc.

If it always drifts in the same direction, try that Flat Trim again...

MastrChase
Newcomer

Post by MastrChase » 12 Feb 2018, 09:04

Awesome thanks. I'll try that.

xorr0
Newcomer

Post by xorr0 » 18 Feb 2018, 11:45

I would like to commment on a similar issue. I got a Flypad for use with my Bebop2. I wasnt gonna spend a fortune on something I could do cheaper. Or so I thought. It worked fine the first 40 or 50 times, but lately it has started sounding like its "gunning" the motors. It will hover for a minte and then shoot straight up 10 or 15 ft. PPeriodically I will lose control, but it always comes back. It has made me unsure about long trips. You see I am using a Repeater to augment my signal. If I use it with my ipad or straight from iphone..no problem. So..it aint the aircraft. But I have read numerous posts of people who rave about the Flypad-Bebop combo. (I would have been one) But I can calibrate, whatever, new battery, it doesnt seem to matter.