Bebop -2 flight distance.

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
larry31
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Bebop -2 flight distance.

Post by larry31 » 03 Feb 2018, 03:02

New to forum, and drones. I just got a Bebop-2 drone. I'm using a Galaxy Tab-S2 tablet to fly my drone.
Both drone, and tablet are new as of Jan. 2018. I've done 3 short flights using my tablet. Weather has been to cold here in New Hampshire USA to do much flying. I'm concerned as to distance I can fly.
Can anyone give me an estimate as to how far the tablet will stay in control of the drone before loosing contact? ( Height, and horizontal distance, etc.)
I know it depends on a variety of things, I'm just trying to get a rough idea of what to expect.

solaris8x86
Strange wobble

Re: Bebop -2 flight distance.

Post by solaris8x86 » 04 Feb 2018, 06:17

larry31 wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 03:02
New to forum, and drones. I just got a Bebop-2 drone. I'm using a Galaxy Tab-S2 tablet to fly my drone.
Both drone, and tablet are new as of Jan. 2018. I've done 3 short flights using my tablet. Weather has been to cold here in New Hampshire USA to do much flying. I'm concerned as to distance I can fly.
Can anyone give me an estimate as to how far the tablet will stay in control of the drone before loosing contact? ( Height, and horizontal distance, etc.)
I know it depends on a variety of things, I'm just trying to get a rough idea of what to expect.
300 meter max with the gears you have.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ

larry31
Ready for take off

Post by larry31 » 06 Feb 2018, 19:25

solaris8x86 wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 06:17
larry31 wrote:
Thanks!

I know these questions may seem dumb, but I'm new to this drone world.
Would I get more distance than that with a controller?
I would think a tablet wouldn't have much range. That's why I was wondering just how far I can get the Bebop from me when flying with my tablet.
Don't want to loose it so soon after getting it. Not much area around here to fly without trees in the way.

solaris8x86
Strange wobble

Post by solaris8x86 » 08 Feb 2018, 11:26

larry31 wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 19:25
solaris8x86 wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 06:17
larry31 wrote:
Thanks!

I know these questions may seem dumb, but I'm new to this drone world.
Would I get more distance than that with a controller?
I would think a tablet wouldn't have much range. That's why I was wondering just how far I can get the Bebop from me when flying with my tablet.
Don't want to loose it so soon after getting it. Not much area around here to fly without trees in the way.

You need some modifications to your existing stock gears. You can go several kilometre away if you do so. But requires a lot of works to do on your drone and your controller. If you are expecting "plug and play". Then it is not your cup of tea.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ