I found a Drone in my backyard

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
salamander
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2

I found a Drone in my backyard

Postby salamander » 27 Dec 2016, 12:29

Seriously.

My wife found a Parrot Bebop 2 Drone in our backyard today! It was sitting upright and doesn't have a scratch on it!

And before you ask no I didn't steal some poor kids Christmas present!

The outer casing of the battery pack is wet but the website mentions it can fly in the wet so I'm hoping the battery isn't water damaged.
I don't know much about drones but have spent most of the evening researching the Bebop 2 and now I'm excited about the prospect of getting it up and running. The ON/OFF button at the back of the unit isn't lighting up so at the very least the battery is flat and I'm hopeful that this is it's only problem and it will be operable once charged.

Lets say it is just a simple flat battery issue if so would I be able to operate it once it's charged? I had a look at the Parrot website and the set up video makes it look fairly simple to set up i/e similar to setting up an iphone in a car but I fear as I'm not the original purchaser it won't be that easy.

Am I wasting my time or is it worth buying a changer and having a crack?

Hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

elchubinebrae
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: I found a Drone in my backyard

Postby elchubinebrae » 28 Dec 2016, 21:44

Lucky you, i've seen reports all over Facebook about people finding drones in their gardens. Just don't sell it online, if the owner has registered the serial number you might be in trouble. Congratulations though. Yes, it is worth buying a charger and a battery for it you'll have loads of fun.

98zj
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: I found a Drone in my backyard

Postby 98zj » 29 Dec 2016, 22:57

Or you could do the right thing. How would you feel after a fly off and you couldn't find your $400 toy. If you posted that you found it on Craigs List, there is a good chance that the OWNER will be very happy to have it back. Even if you don't get a reply, at least you can say you tried.

ZJ

Return to “Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller”