Login to disable ads!

Clarification about ways to use the SkyController 1

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
NewBBUser
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Clarification about ways to use the SkyController 1

Post by NewBBUser » 29 Jan 2020, 15:39

Hello,
I'm about to receive my Bebop 2 with skycontroller 1 and I have some points I would like to clarify not to make mistakes.

I understand the usual way to connect the phone to the controller is via Wifi since there is no cable connection for the SkyController 1, and then use the FreeFlight Pro app on the phone.
And also that the SkyController 1 has an integrated GPS(unlike the SC2) so there is no use turning the phone GPS on (please correct me if I'm wrong).

What bothers me is that I read that the SkyController 1 has an integrated android system and can control the drone without a phone.
So what about when I plug the HDMI cable for FPV view?
Does that mean the controller is using it's internal android system with integrated FreeFlight Pro app and just sending images to the phone via the cable?
If yes in this case there is no need to have the phone's Wifi connected to the controller to fly FPV?
Does that also mean that the FreeFlight Pro app integrated with the controller is updated through the firmware update?

Or am I all wrong and I should connect the phone via Wifi to the controller and use the app from the phone whatever I want to do?

Thanks in advance!