bebop 2 first time user

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Neil1210
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2

bebop 2 first time user

Post by Neil1210 » 10 Feb 2017, 20:42

hi good afternoon, I have just purchased a Bebop 2 with sky controller 2 fpv.
I have gone for this drone as it seems a very good start point to get into this hobby.
I have read lots of reviews and most of them are great and positive but I have found some
saying that the drone can just loose connection and fly off, I know this drone is cheap compared to the bigger brothers
but still a lot of money if it just fly’s away,

so, my question is
does anyone have any tips or hints to help with what to stop the loss of the connection?
or even what to do if I loose connection and the drone just fly’s away.
I’m not planning on flying it to far so i am planning on setting the parameters to stay close to my location.

hope someone can help and reassure me.

thanks Neil

Ultramanv
Newcomer

Re: bebop 2 first time user

Post by Ultramanv » 14 Feb 2017, 14:27

Hi Neil , I'm also Newish to the Bebop 2 . I can tell you from my experience that You shouldn't be too worried about the Fly-aways, I've been using a phone (samsung s6) and also purchased a Flypad (got it really cheap so had to go for it) And i haven't had any issues with it flying away , I have lost connection a few times due to me making it fly farther then the phone signal , In every case the Return to home kicked in and it came right back as its supposed to . Just as a precaution i always calibrate it before every flight Takes only a couple of mins and they say its not necessary but makes me feel a lil better . I also purchased the Flight Plan program and i can tell you that is awesome . I have sent it out over a local lake to an island and circled the island taken pictures etc. all on it own and it has worked flawlessly. i've also talked to a few friends who already had the Bebop2 for a long time and not one has had any flyaways. Have fun with it (fly responsible) and you should have a great time !!!!! :D

Neil1210
Newcomer

Post by Neil1210 » 14 Feb 2017, 16:58

That's brilliant to know, thanks for the reply

Bobrobot1
Just flips over

Post by Bobrobot1 » 17 Feb 2017, 05:50

Looks like you have a skycontroller 2! Don't use the fpv goggles until you are better and more experienced. As for me, the skycontroller 2 has never lost connection and when I tested the return home button, it worked great! It even auto-lands. The range is great; I live next to people who all have dual-band and there is no interference. Also, the Return Home will kick in after like 30 seconds of disconnection. Have fun flying! :D
Last edited by Bobrobot1 on 19 Feb 2017, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a guy with lots of ideas for my Bebop 2. I live in LA so if you tell me to do something, it must legal in the US. Thx!
ImageImage

CrawleysCobra
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by CrawleysCobra » 17 Feb 2017, 16:05

I calibrate, Flat Trim and in FreeFlightPRO I always check that the RTH GPS Signal for the Drone, Controller and Return Home Position are green before I fly.

Bobrobot1
Just flips over

Post by Bobrobot1 » 03 Apr 2017, 02:56

Aerial Drone wrote:DJI T600 Inspire 1 Quadcopter.jpg

Someone emailed me about this drone but i haven't personally flown it - can you tell me what is one thing you love about it, and one thing that needs to be improved if you actually have used it?

This is in the wrong section. :!:
I'm a guy with lots of ideas for my Bebop 2. I live in LA so if you tell me to do something, it must legal in the US. Thx!
ImageImage