i-Drone
Spying is fun
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Sport Central Cross

Post by i-Drone » 16 Oct 2013, 00:01

All orders are leaving tomorrow.
Half the initial stock, has already gone. Get in early to avoid disappointment!

http://www.i-drone.me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sales@i-drone.me
http://www.facebook.com/groups/124555427639033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

silentdeath
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by silentdeath » 23 Oct 2013, 21:38

sport cross great. but did not like the landing gear I took 120 lbs zip ties and cut looped and the hog mod is great love it now. take one zip tie 120 lbs str and cut it the same over all length as landing hear then drill holes small enough for screws mount then add zip tie mod wrk great. or even take and drill holes in the new landing gear add carbon fiber shafts to each and the add Hogg mod Kyle Tarpley in the USA is a great deal on parts. this is sidet4956@suddenlink.net thx Kyle and the sport cross from ar drone is a must upgrade thx ar drone will be trying to replace the carbon shafts with aluminum next and makeing the central cross member stronger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

delacius
Ready for take off

Post by delacius » 24 Oct 2013, 12:29

nice pic... so the cross is good.. hmmm :)

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 24 Oct 2013, 18:51

Mine arrived the other day... Thinking about piecing together a second drone with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

silentdeath
Ready for take off

Post by silentdeath » 26 Oct 2013, 03:53

I added zip ties did not care for the landing gear I also got rid of the carbon arms and replaced them with brass square tubeing they wrk a hell of a lot better and for $8.00 I mad 8 legs but I won't need the extras have weighed it but I have 3 drones and this by far the lightest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silentdeath
Ready for take off

Post by silentdeath » 26 Oct 2013, 03:59

I suggest the sport cross it opens the doors for so much more. I rammed tree after tree just to so I could do Dmg none so far I-drone great job and also Kyle tarpley is a great place if you live in the USA to purchase parts guys. I-drone I love the sport cross can't wait for the props.

Ruyton
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Ruyton » 26 Oct 2013, 09:28

silentdeath wrote:I suggest the sport cross it opens the doors for so much more. I rammed tree after tree just to so I could do Dmg none so far I-drone great job and also Kyle tarpley is a great place if you live in the USA to purchase parts guys. I-drone I love the sport cross can't wait for the props.
Nice work :)
Gary - Shrewsbury UK

silentdeath
Ready for take off

Post by silentdeath » 26 Oct 2013, 12:47

thx. it took a little while next is silver sodder the center and makeing it 100% free of a fracture point but honestly the center cross is very strong so no need as far as I have seen. the carbon is strong but I donot want any breaking. just sick of breaking it. I never had a problem breaking them with the sport cross I have no clue if it would of, did not want to chance it. and you can take 120 lbs zips and make perfect gear so you can as well use zip tie or hog mod. flew in 25-30 mph wind last night had a blast.

i-Drone
Spying is fun

Post by i-Drone » 27 Oct 2013, 01:10

Thanks guys, the initial stock has almost gone, so if you want one, order now to avoid the wait for new stock.
Led props next!

http://www.i-drone.me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sales@i-drone.me
https://www.facebook.com/groups/124555427639033/

silentdeath
Ready for take off

Post by silentdeath » 27 Oct 2013, 18:39

I'm so happy with sport it opened up the doors to so much thx to I- drone sry about giveing the credit when it belonged to I-drone. the brass arms in the panhandle of texas we have extreme winds year around and I can fly with out wry now the sport cross made it possible to add light weight brass rc car frame as drone arms man if I crash I'm off the ground quick. fixed the height to make up for long grass and hard landings excellent now. so far the center aluminum piece has not given me any issues so will not get rid of it in favor of silver soldering the tubes. the sport cross is a must for any I drone hobbiest. if in the USA you can get a lot of parts cheap at http://centralusdronesales.ecrater.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Kyle Tarpley great guy fast delivery.

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 29 Oct 2013, 03:28

Drone-Mods.com now has the Sports Cross Kits available. Thanks Neil!

http://www.drone-mods.com/Carbon-Fiber- ... -ID007.htm
www.Drone-Mods.com || info@drone-mods.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)

Ruyton
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Ruyton » 04 Nov 2013, 17:39

A question regarding the sports cross.

If you had to replace an arm, I see that the replacement arm kit comes with 2 cable plugs - how does that actually work with the wiring loom?
Gary - Shrewsbury UK

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 04 Nov 2013, 19:39

That's a great question. I'm guessing we will have to pull the pins from the existing connectors.

Sent from my AOSP on Maguro using Tapatalk

silentdeath
Ready for take off

Post by silentdeath » 06 Nov 2013, 01:32

I cur and heat shrinked them all. put the wireing on the out side to make leg replacement fast. but I have not had any bends breaks or problems after getting rid of the carbon fiber. Drone is wry free flying now. I will be talking to kyle Tarpley I might start saleing the arms in his store. Will sale at cost I have no need to get rich, just enjoy flying so four arms cut drilled about $10 us which is enough to make 8 arms which will pay bits and blades sound gd. will include wireing directions. I also have some aircraft aluminum I'm toying with when I get the bends proper May sale them as well. I was also thinking of makeing the center a bigger size the comes out to the sides far enough to unscrew and replace an entire section without completed tearing it down

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 06 Nov 2013, 03:15

silentdeath wrote:making the center a bigger size that comes out to the sides far enough to unscrew and replace an entire section without completely tearing it down
BINGO!!! Idea of the month right there!!
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE