pbody2013
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Now available, 2000 mAh High Performance Battery

Post by pbody2013 » 28 Mar 2013, 05:14

DroneBonerStallone wrote:
pbody2013 wrote:DBS I know you modded one of your Parrot chargers with a JST-XH balance plug. I was thinking If the back was popped of the charger then maybe a cable with JST could be soldered to the board. Cut a slot in the case and then the Parrot charger could be used for the stock battery and after market batteries. Think that's doable or worthwhile? Thanks
Totally doable bro... And there's wiring to tap into inside there so you wouldn't even have to solder on the board... Some simple solder splices with heat shrink would do the trick ...

Soldering to the pins on the backside of the board would also work but I try to stay away from that whenever possible myself... So yeah whatever... Totally a no brainer mod... I thought of it myself but I have spare chargers here so I didn't need a dual purpose setup...

BTW... That charger is a bastard to get apart... It's not snapped together it's glued together... I ended up using a hacksaw to make four corner slices on the seam and then a big screwdriver blade to bust it open... And then glue it back with plastic cement.

Thought so, Thanks. Figured it was glued, and no surprise. Not designed to be serviceable I'm sure.
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"

blorincz
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by blorincz » 28 Mar 2013, 21:51

12inchmick wrote:No delivery to UK sucks.......... Any ideas how us Limeys can get our hands on the 2000's?

12inch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sorry for the slow response, I have been too busy shipping batteries! :lol: Thanks for posting the link DBS!

Yes, definitely you can get them from Neil at i-Drone. We've both been impacted by these new shipping regulations on lithium batteries. Unfortunately there are way too many hoops to jump through to ship outside of our home countries. I practically needed a certification just to ship to Canada. There are people on eBay still shipping them anywhere, but they doing it without the proper documentation. I'm just not willing to take that risk. In the US, falsifying a customs form comes with a pretty stiff penalty.

12inchmick
Up and hovering

Post by 12inchmick » 28 Mar 2013, 22:59

No worries - DBS told me they were available from Neil. Ordered one last night.

Can't help thinking that we will see a lot more legislation surrounding our hobby in the coming years. Shame, guess we have to enjoy the freedom whilst we can.

12inch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DroneFreakFPV
Thinking of bearings

Post by DroneFreakFPV » 17 Jun 2013, 23:59

Says you are sold out. Any idea when you may have more in stock? Would kill for an 18m flight time. Did you try running video during the time test also?
ARD2/MiruMod/Miru GPS/Spektrum DX6I/ HogMod/GoPro Custom Mount/808 #16/ Wi-Fi Less FPV System
Tarot FY450/Turnigy Motors/I86L FC, HK Blue 30a ESCS/R610 Micro DSM 2.4ghz Reciever, GAUI Props

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 18 Jun 2013, 04:38

I am hoping to have them by end of week. If you mean record video, I did not.
www.Drone-Mods.com || info@drone-mods.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)

TomFitz
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by TomFitz » 18 Jun 2013, 21:31

awesome price . I would have guessed more for the 2000mah 3s range . My heli batts in that size range are more expensive . I can use these in my boats too hahahaa . I will be grabbing some when back in stock to try . Thanks .
Full Blown Addict - - - Anything RC