Moderator: blorincz

blorincz
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Now Available, High Speed Oil for your bearings

Post by blorincz » 21 Jan 2013, 03:53

I am happy to offer another great new product from Boca Bearings.

Keep your bearings in tip-top shape...improve performance and extend life.

Lightning Lube Technology is specially designed to form a molecular bond with all moving metal parts within any application. Use it to reduce friction, improve performance, decrease wear and extend life. Lightning Lube can be used when installing new bearings or to preserve your existing bearings.

Lightning Lube Sealed Syringe is a high speed instrument oil in a 12cc, easy turn on/off, sealed syringe. Ideal lubrication for any application that requires a very thin and lightweight oil for minimal friction and reduced drag. Operating temperature of -50°F to +400°F (-45°C to 204°C) and a viscosity of 1875/9CS. It's simply the best instrument oil available.

Price: $9.99

SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER....Members of ARDrone-Flyers enter coupon code OILDEAL to receive $1.00 off. Only $8.99. Coupon codes are entered on the final checkout screen after you have selected your shipping type.
www.Drone-Mods.com || info@drone-mods.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Re: Now Available, High Speed Oil for your bearings

Post by DBS » 22 Jan 2013, 03:03

Just for the benefit of the community... You don't want to use sealed bearings in high speed low torque applications... And Drone-mods isn't selling sealed bearings... He's selling shielded bearings

The difference...
machinists/blog wrote: Shielded/non-contact bearings have a metal plate covering the balls, cage, and races. Sealed/contact bearings have a (usually black) neoprene cover instead. Open bearings, as the name suggests, have no shields or seals and are open on the sides. The big difference between a shield and a seal is the seal is a contact seal. The seals have a lip running on the inner ring of the bearing. The shield is a gap seal. It does not touch the inner ring. Sealed bearings have much more friction compared to shielded bearings, and thus are generally rated for lower speeds than shielded bearings. If you hold a shielded and sealed bearing in your hand and spin each, then you will clearly feel the difference in friction. A shielded bearing will almost spin free and a sealed bearing will not spin free. Shielded bearings require lubrication to prolong their lifespan while sealed are prepacked with grease that will last the life of the bearing.
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

Maverick107
Technical flight skills
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Maverick107 » 22 Jan 2013, 03:34

Yeah what he said! ;)

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Dronecrasher » 22 Jan 2013, 04:05

tks DBS sothing else to cram into my pea sized brain lol

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 22 Jan 2013, 05:17

HighGainTuning wrote:How do you lube sealed bearings?
Do you have a link to the manufacturers web site for the bearings you are stocking? They should be pre-lubed requiring no additional service.
I'm not sure where you read about sealed bearings, but it wasn't in my product description. The Boca Bearings I sell are shielded bearings. As DBS very accurately pointed out (thank you DBS!) shielded bearings require maintenance, if you expect to pro-long the life of the bearings. They come pre-packed with grease that will eventually wear out. You can run them dry if you choose to, but most people prefer to lube and maintain them to extend their life. Shielded bearings are the ideal application for the AR.Drone. So much that they will most likely be stock equipment on the AR.Drone 3.0, per Parrot technicians in the US.

For the record, here is a portion of the FAQ available on the Boca Bearings web site:

Q: How much maintenance do bearings require?
A: Maintenance depends on the type of enclosures and lubricants your bearings have. Rubber sealed or Ultra sealed bearings require no maintenance and the lube is good for the life of the bearing. Metal shielded bearings that use either grease or oil should be constantly maintained and frequency level with vary depending on your application. Developing a regular maintenance schedule will substantially add to the life of your bearing.
www.Drone-Mods.com || info@drone-mods.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 22 Jan 2013, 22:14

Good info DBS!

My shielded bearings haven't produced one ounce of interference so far :lol: