AR.Pro 2.1 -<>- Full V1 & V2 Drone Support

Moderator: ShellDude

ShellDude
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0

Re: AR.Pro 2.1 -- Full V1 & V2 Drone Support

Post by ShellDude » 25 Jan 2014, 18:12

Compass going crazy... I got nutin here. I read the orientation data provided by parrot via navigational data and display it at a rate of 4 updates per second.

It works (really well actually) across my test devices and three drones so I'm not sure how best to proceed.

On one hand I want to say it acceleration related with your GPU but that would just introduce lag.

If it is bouncing all over the place and outright wrong then it points more to the drone itself or perhaps corrupt navdata because of compiler / runtime issues with the Parrot SDK.... That is quite a stretch though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RemcoZ
Just flips over
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Been thanked: 0

Re: AR.Pro 2.1 -<>- Full V1 & V2 Drone Support

Post by RemcoZ » 25 Jan 2014, 18:45

Yea it did gave me a option to send a report but i was busy running after my drone -_- xD thank god i set the waypoint not too far away and only on about 5M hight but still gave me a heart attack. As for the compass it's really all over the place but i doubt it's the drone itself otherwise i would be having issues with flying itself would i not? Ill do some testing again when the weather clears up as i could not feel my fingers anymore today so yea. Thanks for the support though!

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 25 Jan 2014, 20:05

Are you flying in Absolute Mode or Normal (real) Mode ???
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

RemcoZ
Just flips over

Post by RemcoZ » 25 Jan 2014, 20:52

garrock wrote:Are you flying in Absolute Mode or Normal (real) Mode ???
normal. can't get used to absolute i feel like having more control on the normal mode.

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 25 Jan 2014, 23:16

The crash report will get queued... There's very little I can do without it.

All over place for the compass is far from the norm. I know folks think as devs we have some magical control over the drone but we're just as much at the mercy of Parrot as you.

Having just come inside from freezing my butt off in between snowfalls I simply cannot recreate the issues you've reported. I flew free flight, a destination, and two waypoints (one aggressive) and she was smooth as silk... My fingers on the other hand need some warming up.

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 25 Jan 2014, 23:20

Also if AR.Pro does crash your drone will cease all movement immediately and enter its failsafe hover mode.

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 25 Jan 2014, 23:36

If AR.Pro is crashing while setting waypoints it is very likely some type of compatibility issue between the app and your android. I would also assume you should be able to easily recreate this condition without the risk of flying.

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 26 Jan 2014, 00:43

This isn't AR.Pro related but I did do today's flight outside with the Slim Drone. I'd been wanting to get out and fly with my new CF blades.

Anyway, I'm not happy at all with these blades (ebay cf jobbers). They are HORRIBLY unbalanced. So much so that I'll likely end up just throwing them away.

RemcoZ
Just flips over

Post by RemcoZ » 26 Jan 2014, 12:22

ShellDude wrote:The crash report will get queued... There's very little I can do without it.

All over place for the compass is far from the norm. I know folks think as devs we have some magical control over the drone but we're just as much at the mercy of Parrot as you.

Having just come inside from freezing my butt off in between snowfalls I simply cannot recreate the issues you've reported. I flew free flight, a destination, and two waypoints (one aggressive) and she was smooth as silk... My fingers on the other hand need some warming up.

haha thanks for trying though. I know you don't have magical control over the drone don't worry thats why I report my issues and not leave a negative review in the appstore and be done with it ;).
At the moment it's raining (men, hallelujah) so i don't have a chance to fly but when I do I will try to recreate the issue and tape it. Is there any screenrecording fraps like app for android that you guys know of? would make it allot easier to record.

[edit]
Weather cleared up got about an hour to fly going out now with a video camera to try and recreate it all.

RemcoZ
Just flips over

Post by RemcoZ » 26 Jan 2014, 14:28

So my hands are stil frozen as I type this but I manged to recreate the event twice so you should have 2 reports from me. both of the times this happens is when i tap on the map once and the other one was when setting a destination (i think)

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 26 Jan 2014, 17:01

I'll get an S4 tomorrow too. I have a friend who will turn his over for a week or two.

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 26 Jan 2014, 17:04

I just did a quick glance at the stack trace and can definitely fix this!

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 26 Jan 2014, 17:32

Kinda silly. Its firing a waypoint/destination dialog based on a click / touch of the drone marker icon. I'm guessing the waypoint you're trying to edit is really close to the drone itself?

I'm really surprised this isn't happening more often ... Or even to me and am pretty sure I can recreate it if I try hard enough.

Now how are we going to solve the compass issue?

Don't fly in this mode... But enable debug and see if the "angles" values are jumping all over the place in raw format.

An awesome screen recorder is SCR Screen Recorder. Unfortunately this capability only became possible with KitKat.

RemcoZ
Just flips over

Post by RemcoZ » 26 Jan 2014, 23:24

ShellDude wrote:Kinda silly. Its firing a waypoint/destination dialog based on a click / touch of the drone marker icon. I'm guessing the waypoint you're trying to edit is really close to the drone itself?

I'm really surprised this isn't happening more often ... Or even to me and am pretty sure I can recreate it if I try hard enough.

Now how are we going to solve the compass issue?

Don't fly in this mode... But enable debug and see if the "angles" values are jumping all over the place in raw format.

An awesome screen recorder is SCR Screen Recorder. Unfortunately this capability only became possible with KitKat.

To be honest I have no idea if the waypoint is very close to the drone itself or my phone cause i can't zoom in far enough hehe. For the compass issue I might have jumped to conclusions on that one. I noticed that when the drone is in actual movement to a point the compass seems steady. But while hovering it's all over the place, I got it on video so Ill upload it

RemcoZ
Just flips over

Post by RemcoZ » 28 Jan 2014, 10:16

any news on when you intend to get it fixed? I don't dare to fly with AR.pro atm in case it crashes again (it also crashed a couple of times on normal flight with a force close by android itself). Not trying to rush you though ;)