AR.Pro 2.1 -<>- Full V1 & V2 Drone Support

Moderator: ShellDude

ShellDude
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0

AR.Pro 2.1 -<>- Full V1 & V2 Drone Support

Post by ShellDude » 17 Jan 2011, 06:49

Augmented Reality Professional Controller Front-end for the Parrot AR.Drone quadcopter flying computer. Features Full Motion control, object following and tracking, management of all AR.Drone configuration data, and the ability to use your phone's azimuth axis (compass) to control the Yaw function of the AR.Drone, and much, much more!

FEATURES
----------------
  • Full Honeycomb & ICS support
    Android tablet support
    English, French, & German localization
    Comprehensive firmware management
    Rename drone
    Drone reboot

Full function flight mode (sensors & touch panel)
    Configurable flight controls
    Left handed mode
    Dual stick mode
    Ability to reverse controls
    Reversible X/Y axis orientation
    Deadzone tuning on all axis
    Azimuth based yaw (requires compass)
    Yaw mixing and rate control
    Outdoors / Indoors hull selection
    Altitude limiter
    Ultrasound frequency selection

Features full QVGA display
    Video bitrate tuning
    Supports UVLC & P264 video encoding
    Adaptive (variable bitrate) video support

Shellware's own "Autonomous Flight" mode
    Object recognition via both cameras
    Object follow/tracking via both cameras

Flight timer
    Audible alerts
    Altitude HUD
    Battery voltage HUD
    "Snapshot" screen shot option
    UI opacity (alpha level) config
    Metric system support

Wi-Fi channel change
    Auto connect for saved SSIDs
    Drone SSID change option
    Drone IP address setting
    Device pairing
    Optimized NAVDATA reception
    Infrastructure Wi-Fi patch for older firmwares
Use at your own risk. Author provides no warranty, written, or implied.

Gareth Brandwood was gracious enough to develop and and share a User Manual for AR.Pro. Garth's work can be found here: AR.Pro User Manual -- Thanks Gareth!

AR.Pro is available at the following locations:

Google Play Store

AndroidPit

Amazon Android Appstore

Now with Honeycomb elements (available only via the Android Market)

Map View Sliding Drawer

Licensing Info
AR.Pro utilizes specific software (Jakarta Commons.net) for performing a handful of functions. This library is used as is, without modification and every effort has been made to adhere to the Apache 2.0 license -- located here: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ShellDude on 17 Jan 2014, 04:07, edited 44 times in total.

RogerJoys
Ready for take off
Been thanked: 0

Re: AR.Pro Beta R.5 Now Available for Android

Post by RogerJoys » 17 Jan 2011, 15:24

Thank you for posting this. I loaded it on my phone this AM. Will hopefully be able to check it out today at some point.

-r

lbomb
Newcomer

Post by lbomb » 17 Jan 2011, 16:39

Works great for me on Motorola Droid X. I like how you implement some of the cooler functions of the drone such as tracking/following (although I couldn't really get it to recognize anything). The ACE flying mode made it a little tricky to operate for me, but that's just my person preference. Keep up the good work!

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 17 Jan 2011, 17:05

Tracking is really dependent on a good ultrasound lock. The drone really likes to know where it is to send reliable tracker data.

Also be sure to enable object detection in the drone information preference. The control value is stored per session so you need to enable it each time you power up the drone...

Dial in the deadzones to 5 or 6 degrees...it'll give you a soft spot across all axis if you're having a hard time with sensor based roll on the y and x axis.

Thanks for the feedback!
Shell

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

lbomb
Newcomer

Post by lbomb » 17 Jan 2011, 18:40

Cool I'll check into it!

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 19 Jan 2011, 04:57

For those wishing to tinker with object tracking / follow I've built a little png that prints nicely on a sheet of letter sized paper. This pattern is detected as "yellow". I've had some fun with it and am in the process of tweaking my tracking logic for better performance.

http://www.shellware.com/projects/ar.pr ... yellow.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UpliptSic
Newcomer

financial help

Post by UpliptSic » 22 Jan 2011, 03:59

Tracking is really dependent on a good ultrasound lock. The drone really likes to know where it is to send reliable tracker data.Also be sure to enable object detection in the drone information preference. The control value is stored per session so you need to enable it each time you power up the drone... Dial in the deadzones to 5 or 6 degrees...it'll give you a soft spot across all axis if you're having a hard time with sensor based roll on the y and x axis.Thanks for the feedback!ShellSent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I agree with you!
I am new here! I am PAM

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Re: AR.Pro Beta R.6 Now Available for Android

Post by ShellDude » 24 Jan 2011, 09:40

First post has been updated. AR.Pro R.6 has been released with a number of additions / enhancements.

huno
Newcomer

Post by huno » 25 Jan 2011, 17:08

First of all nice app nice job ;-) It works great on my Xperia x10 but....

Where can i find - Disable Automatic Network Time Updates (causes crash)??

When i Turn on the Outdoor Flight i get vision problem, nothing happened and the drone blinking yellow

I Using 1.4.7 Firmware with the new AR.Pro Beta R.6 (the old version is also installed) on Android 2.1 Eclair

Sorry for my english.

Have a nice day ;-)

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 26 Jan 2011, 03:37

I got the same error after I released R.6... I don't believe the defect existed in R.5 so it should be something I can address fairly quickly.

Automatic time updates is usually in android settings, date & time. Theres an underlying bug in the ardrone sdk that I need to research but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

huno
Newcomer

Post by huno » 26 Jan 2011, 15:22

thanks, i find it. to disable the automatic network time updates.

keep up good work! :D

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 27 Jan 2011, 04:07

I have identified the VISION ERROR defect when in outdoors flight mode. It's basicallly a translation problem, I'm guessing between French and and English. The Parrot guys in the original demo referred to a navigation result called "visionProblem" and I incorporated that value into a safety check I perform (similar' to ARDrone Demo's shutdown on all errors settings) that prevents the drone from flying.

On one hand, it's great that my safety check is working. On the other, visionProblem really means "Vision Disabled" which I guess is one of the things the drone does for stabilization while outdoors.

I'll see about publishing an update tonight. This problem exists in both R.5 and R.6

huno
Newcomer

Post by huno » 27 Jan 2011, 19:36

Yeah that´s great ;-)

Sometimes i think i have to buy an ipod touch or iphone.... like the ar apps what i seen on youtube but with this app ;-) it works great
at this moment i cannot fly outdoor, because we have a very snowy weather. :cry:

:D

ShellDude
Batterys getting low

Post by ShellDude » 28 Jan 2011, 05:09

Well just as soon as the weather improves, feel free to use AR.Pro Beta to do some outside flying as I've released R.61 to the Market fixing the Outdoor flight bug. I also went ahead and added a Drone IP Address setting in preferences for those who connect using methods other than Parrot's out of the box ad hoc mode.

I'll update the first post (and my site) shortly with Release Notes and Known Issues. This will likely be the last version I make available on my site. In the future I think I'm just going to use a Market Link. AR.Pro will remain free throughout it's BETA cycle.

Please provide any and all feedback. Some things I'm working on for R.7:
  • Modified wifi_setup.sh on the drone that allows for "native" infrastructure support -- that's right I've hacked the drone's startup and integrated it back into it's configuration. I'm in the process developing a failsafe means to implement the cutover. Yes, it's reversible -- I even integrated it into the Drone's reset button.
  • Support for firmware flashing
I'm out of additional ideas at the moment. I may switch into pure bugfix mode after R.7 and focus on getting the code solid enough for a "retail" release. Yes I plan on selling AR.Pro in the future and all versions released to date will expire at some unspecified future date. If that dates arrives and I'm still in beta mode, a maintenance release will be provided extending it.

Planned cost on the Market will be $3.99 but that's still a ways away. My next project will likely be a multiplayer shooter with a similar release plan.

More to come in the up and coming weeks.

Shell

FinDrone
Ready for take off

Re: AR.Pro Beta R.61 Now Available for Android

Post by FinDrone » 28 Jan 2011, 20:46

Hi. Just tried AR.Pro on a SonyEricsson Xperia Arc. Does not seem to initialize correctly. Not in the last version (R.6), and not the newest one (R.61). The software gets stuck showing a rolling ring (last version got stuck on a red blinking "Initializing AR.Pro...").

Is there anything that needs to be done before the softwarecan be used?