Follow-Me feature request

Moderator: shawnf

thetechguru
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Follow-Me feature request

Post by thetechguru » 15 Oct 2015, 14:19

You already have a face me and come to me feature (which work great). Could you add a follow-me feature? Something that would maintain current altitude and distance, but then follow the controlling phone or tablet based on its GPS position compared to the Flight REcorder GPS position?

I think I could get some great mountain bike videos (at least in fields or in the desert, wouldn't work will in the woods because of trees...) that way.

Alan

shawnf
Chased the cat

Re: Follow-Me feature request

Post by shawnf » 26 Oct 2015, 11:27

In theory there is a Follow Me, but I never tested it, as it was really done for my DronePro App that works with 3DR and DJI drones.
I think it will try and use MAVLink with the Flight Recorder in planner map mode, which will fail as Parrot never implemented it.
If you want to try it in autonomous mode, not mavlink, then go to the split screen map, not full screen (which shows MAVLink at the top right), and click on the drone icon. This should put up the Follow Me dialog.
Be warned that I added it to the Beta some time ago, but due to no one expressing an interest, I doubt anyone has tried it. I didn't remove it, just never advertised the functionality.

thetechguru
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Follow-Me feature request

Post by thetechguru » 29 Oct 2015, 02:21

Cool. I'll give it a try next time I have a chance to fly and I'll report back here. Might be a couple of weeks before I can get out.

Alan