Manually specify photo and video save location.

Moderator: shawnf

DeathBySnuggles
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Manually specify photo and video save location.

Post by DeathBySnuggles » 09 Nov 2014, 17:05

Another quick question. Is there a way to manually specify the save location of photos and videos? I know you can select saving to device storage versus SD card storage. But photos are saved in the media folder and videos in the video folder. What I'd like is saving in the /emulated/0/DCIM folder in subfolders. My use case is I use Dropbox and it automatically uploads anything that gets saved in the DCIM folder. The default freeflight app saved media in DCIM/AR.Drone which means all content would get backed up. There are apps that I can get to specify folders I want to sync with Dropbox, but that will set me back $6 in order to support files larger than 10mb.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I notice that using the system option just toggles between the ardroneflight/media or pictures/media folders. Not local storage vs SD. Never the less, I'd still like to know if that value can be modified.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Re: Manually specify photo and video save location.

Post by shawnf » 10 Nov 2014, 09:04

No external SD due to the disaster that is KitKat.
No paths either just the two options you found ;)

DeathBySnuggles
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Manually specify photo and video save location.

Post by DeathBySnuggles » 17 Nov 2014, 20:18

I used Tasker to set up profiles to move content out of the "media" and "videos" folders and put them in a folder within DCIM upon exiting the ADRF app. Works great and Dropbox uploads.