Video recording indicator

Moderator: shawnf

DeathBySnuggles
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Video recording indicator

Post by DeathBySnuggles » 09 Nov 2014, 05:12

Hey all. Newbie here. Got my drone 2 a week ago. May be a dumb question. I'm using a wired ps3 controller, everything works beautifully. My question is, is there any way in the HUD to indicate that video recording is active? I can record video fine using the mapped button, but near as I can tell, there's no visual indication that it is in fact recording. Since I'm using the controller, I have most of the buttons turned off for view the HUD. If I enable the record button, will that be my indicator?

Thanks.

DeathBySnuggles
Battery Charged

Re: Video recording indicator

Post by DeathBySnuggles » 09 Nov 2014, 22:51

Never mind. Once I enable the icon again, it changes a little during recording. All good.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 10 Nov 2014, 09:08

If you are recording to USB stick, then you can also turn on the remaining time which ticks down as you record. With voice TTS you can turn on recording notifications which happen when you toggle recording.

DeathBySnuggles
Battery Charged

Post by DeathBySnuggles » 10 Nov 2014, 16:05

Thank you. Enabling the record icon was enough but I'll try the notification as well.

Is there a way to add profiles by copy pasting an existing profile in the data/app/meavy.../shared_prefs folder? I tried it but the app didn't recognize the new xml.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 12 Nov 2014, 09:26

No. It's using a database so that won't work.
You could try using the backup to SD, doing the changes in SD and restoring, but create the new profile in the app first.
But the only way I support is in the app, so if you mess things up you're on your own ;)