Issues with Moga Pro Setup

Moderator: shawnf

WTFover
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Issues with Moga Pro Setup

Post by WTFover » 29 Jun 2013, 15:33

Hey guys, I am trying to get Flight Pro to interact with my new Moga Pro (or is it the other way around?). Anyhow, I have been through every settings menu and tried different things with no luck. The problem is that I can not get the majority of the gamepad functions (mapped keys) to work. Basically, I can launch the drone off the phone screen and the only controls that respond on the gamepad are pitch and roll. Climb, Yaw, or any of the mapped keys have no affect. I have verified that the controller is in sending inputs to the phone by deleting all the mappings and recreating them with the buttons or sticks on the gamepad, and also by going to the joystick motion section and verifying that the joysticks on the controller are supplying input. I have checked that the Flight mode is set to normal. I have changed the cyclic control mode to gamepad controls only. The only affect that has seems to be that it replaced the cyclic with a map on the HUD. Anyone have any ideas? The phone is a Note 2, that is using a rooted Touchwiz based ROM. I also removed all the Moga software off the phone, and I am running the Moga in mode B, although I have tried A with no luck either. I have to be missing something simple. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Re: Issues with Moga Pro Setup

Post by Jayson Hanes » 29 Jun 2013, 15:40

I spent days messing with my mogapro before figuring it out. My problem was the normal mode not being selected (I couldn't even see that option on my device, lol..).. anyway, when you map the buttons are you seeing GENERIC-X? that was my key issue.. I'd have to try a couple times (and timing was important) before it'd register as the proper button or stick movement. Furthermore, only one direction properly would map for me for each axis.

I've tried to map the d-pad to animations but only up and right work (but it seems unreliable anyway).. but I indeed have logged 100 flights+ with my mogapro using ARDroneFlight Pro with confidence since. I map the left stick as pitch/roll and the right as yaw/altitude.

There is a menu option on the bottom of one of the configuration dialogs where you can test the joystick movements, if you cannot move those lines in the directions you want with the stick you want, don't bother launching!.. and yeah, B mode is the only way I was ever able to get things to work at all.

WTFover
Battery Charged

Post by WTFover » 29 Jun 2013, 15:57

When I map the keys, I they are being replaced with the identical kep mapping. Nothing generic shows up. If I go to map the x button to the takeoff land function, the exact same text string appears. The joystick testing screen was what I was talking about. That works great with both sticks, out of the box, without any remapping required, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be able to control the system. The only thing that does work once the drone is launched (via hitting launch on the phone) is the pitch and roll control. Definitely frustrated, but it has be something basic that I am missing. Where in Tampa are you? I am out in the Land o'Lakes/Lutz/Odessa area.

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Post by Jayson Hanes » 29 Jun 2013, 16:05

interesting.. are you wired or bluetooth? I run BT (not sure if that makes a difference).. would be cool to compare in person, I'm really close to you, off sunset/41 in n.e. lutz, so probably about 5 miles.. too far to fly there, though :)

I'm trying to install the wheelmod antenna right now.. makes me feel very old because my eyesight close up sucks.

Jhawk19
Made it over nextdoor
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by Jhawk19 » 29 Jun 2013, 21:29

Jayson Hanes wrote:interesting.. are you wired or bluetooth? I run BT (not sure if that makes a difference).. would be cool to compare in person, I'm really close to you, off sunset/41 in n.e. lutz, so probably about 5 miles.. too far to fly there, though :)

I'm trying to install the wheelmod antenna right now.. makes me feel very old because my eyesight close up sucks.
Hey Jason,

I have just purchased a Moga Pro. Can you give a quick tutorial (written or video) on how to set up the 2.0 to fly with the Moga Pro?

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Post by Jayson Hanes » 01 Jul 2013, 16:18

Jhawk19 wrote:I have just purchased a Moga Pro. Can you give a quick tutorial (written or video) on how to set up the 2.0 to fly with the Moga Pro?
There's really not much to it:

Just enable bluetooth on your device, switch the controller to "B" (the button on left will flash as it awaits connection), touch the "MogaPro HID" device as shown on your device, and then shortly it'll go green and go off, and your device should show it as connected.

Then, fire up ARDroneFlight Pro, go to the flight settings, ensure it is set to "normal" (I had trouble even seeing this option as I was learning, some of those dialogs are vertical scrolling!).. then you can go to gamepad mappings and map away as you desire. There is another menu option where you can test the joystick configuration and see the cross hairs move.

From there, you'll likely want to tweak the deadzones and sensitivity of the axises. I may make a walk-through video tonight.

Jhawk19
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Jhawk19 » 01 Jul 2013, 18:07

Jayson Hanes wrote:
From there, you'll likely want to tweak the deadzones and sensitivity of the axises. I may make a walk-through video tonight.
Awesome! Thank you. My Moga Pro should arrive tomorrow. A video would be great!

delacius
Ready for take off

Post by delacius » 04 Jul 2013, 18:56

Hi Jason, so just a quick one, Moga is great for drone, right? I was checking all other controlers, but seems this one is great... your thoughts?

thanks

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Post by Jayson Hanes » 04 Jul 2013, 19:22

the mogapro -- the one with the joysticks is what I use. The other (cheaper) one is junk imo. I like it for the phone clip and that it has 2 joysticks. I had to learn to fly with it -- it wasn't as simple as charging it and flying it. It was like learning how to fly all over again, but it didn't take too long.

Jhawk19
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Jhawk19 » 05 Jul 2013, 01:05

Will the Moga Pro work with Freeflight or just FlightPro?

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Post by Jayson Hanes » 05 Jul 2013, 03:55

if it works in Freeflight, I sure don't know how to make it work.. I use only ARDrone Flight Pro

delacius
Ready for take off

Post by delacius » 05 Jul 2013, 07:36

Thanks a lot Jayson

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 06 Jul 2013, 09:25

I finally got my Moga Pro.
I tested with 2.4.1 firmware and a GS3 running 4.1.2.

No problems configuring when set to mode B (HID) and they don't seem to support the triggers as buttons (presumably analogue only)...
I think the SnakeByte iDroid has better options (more buttons and dual use analogue/digital triggers), but of course no built in clip.

Flight controls were fine, and the clip is good, but I do see link quality issues which I put down to simultaneous active bluetooth and wifi, as the wired GameKlip I switched to just afterwards worked fine.

At least the S3 works, where as the N4 breaks wifi if you have an active bluetooth connection...

The link quality meant that I had difficulty with local 720 video recordings, but I assume that USB recordings would have been OK.

So my preferred flight method for the S3 remains the GameKlip with a wired PS3 controller.

Jhawk19
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Jhawk19 » 08 Jul 2013, 14:55

Nevermind. Trying to figure out the set up of the Moga Pro now...
Last edited by Jhawk19 on 08 Jul 2013, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Post by Jayson Hanes » 08 Jul 2013, 15:05

Jhawk19 wrote:Trying to use FlightPro now with my Moga Pro, but I can't get FlightPro to work at all. When I press launch, I get a message that I need to be a Platinum Member to use that feature. I've donated...how do I become a Platinum Member?!?!
hmm.. I just bought the app from the google play store and let the application retrieve the license (it has to do this every once in a while, not just a one-shot forever).. I should donate more $ though :).. I know the application will not let a v2 drone launch unless it has been paid for.. so I'm not sure what you did with the "donation"