That link I posted shows 15 to 18 days shipping to Canada in the description
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

Videonut
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Troubleshooting ARDrone Flight PRO

Post by Videonut » 07 Jan 2013, 03:38

DroneBonerStallone wrote:That link I posted shows 15 to 18 days shipping to Canada in the description
Yes but if you check the actual countries, Canada is not listed and when I emailed the seller they gave some hard to understand explanation why they don't ship here. Probably Customs or Canada Post is the problem.
Dear friend .

the battery shipping to canada is not smooth , the canada like stop the parcel , please kindly check , thanks

best regards
vivian

- vivian51888

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 07 Jan 2013, 04:09

Damn that sucks... :(

All their emails look like that too... Chinese translation I guess
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

brock.travis
Ready for take off

Post by brock.travis » 08 Jan 2013, 00:55

Yes, customs in Canada sucks. I tried shipping some truck wheels to Canada. They got held up in customs and then sent back to me, no explanation. Cost me $160 for the wheels to take a short vacation.

Draconious
Newcomer

Post by Draconious » 10 Jan 2013, 02:43

Gave in and bought the ap...

It seems to crash or hang too often to try flying on it.

It often gives me the feel that someone else is pushing buttons on my phone while I am running the ap.
Like it will automatically click something, usually the back button, then I have to go back to the menu option I was in, and then it once again goes back on its own.
Usually after doing this once or twice the whole thing crashes my phone.

Samsung Galaxy Note II

I would like to be able to choose, or customize, the controller mode, from Mode 1, 2, 3, 4 etc..
My brain is already trained to use left thumb for throttle and roll, not throttle and yaw.
I prefer to use one stick for forward and yaw, so I can basically drive at the same altitude with just the one stick.
I believe this is Mode 4.
This is a throw back from learning on a small cheap $5.00 IR controlled Heli, that did not have Roll.

lmnca
Battery Charged

Cannot fly drone after update

Post by lmnca » 01 Apr 2013, 20:36

Hi,

After the application was updated, I don't seem to be able to fly the drone anymore. I have played with all kinds of Wifi settings, I even bought the Drone Combat App, but nothing has worked. When I launch the App all I get is the message advertising that it is accessing the Nav data. If I cancel and try to refresh the license, I am getting to the screen where it's searching for the Wifi connection to the Drone. It finds a Wifi network with the SSID of the drone, but apparently it can never get the IP address from the drone.
Looks like the upgrade has broken support for my phone (a Samsung Galaxy Y Pro) or something. Please help.

Thanks,

L.

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 01 Apr 2013, 22:22

try to reset the drone using the reset button ;-)

lmnca
Battery Charged

Post by lmnca » 07 Apr 2013, 18:38

Hi All,

I really need some help here. After trying the reset, I could connect to the Drone's wifi, but after connecting the application hangs with a screen message showing "Waiting for drone's navdata" (in fact the French equivalent of that message since my App is in French). This never gets through. Yesterday I tried all kind of different rebooting combinations (rebooting the phone, the drone, upgrading the firmware, etc...) in different orders, changing the wifi default settings, etc... Finally out of the blue I restart the application and - lo - the connection was there. I thought I had somehow figured it out. But today, I find myself again unable to get past that damn screen - and no, there wasn't any crash or flight incident yesterday.
How can I debug this? I am a software engineer, so I could probably do something more complicated than the average user if you provide me with some debug tools or useful pointers.

The firmware version is apparently 2.2.3 (and I read somewhere that the latest version should be 2.2.5). Maybe I'm just having trouble gettting the latest and greatest version? I tried to download it on my PC and use the alternative upgrade procedure, but it's nowhere to be found on the parrot site (they seem to have removed the links from their support web page - which is utterly useless, btw, unless you are an Apple user).

Please help. Thanks,

L.

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Dronecrasher » 07 Apr 2013, 18:46

hmmm u said u rebooted the drone

does this mean u used the reset button on the drone?

did u try re downloading the app again?

lmnca
Battery Charged

Post by lmnca » 07 Apr 2013, 19:17

Yeah, I used the reset button below the battery. Btw, there seems to be another button on the up side as well - at least there seem to be some depressable knob there - does anyone know what this one is for?
I tried to upgrade to latest version of the firmware, but somehow I do not get above 2.2.3. Sometimes the upgrade action button is activated, but most of the time it's greyed out. Am I having some issue switching back and forth between internet wifi and wifi for the drone, or something?

Thanks,

L.

lmnca
Battery Charged

Post by lmnca » 07 Apr 2013, 19:18

And I also uninstalled and installed the App itself again.

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun

Post by Dronecrasher » 07 Apr 2013, 19:34

can u open the app without starting ur drone?

nav window appears tap screen then hit the gear icon
and hit change settings offline the app will restart
then hit the gear icon again to change settings offline??

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun

Post by Dronecrasher » 07 Apr 2013, 19:41

if u can go to drone information
then check firmware version
tick the box that says v2 drone
then press the firmware download (not the parrot firmware)
then pick a firmware u want to downlad
hope this helps

lmnca
Battery Charged

Post by lmnca » 07 Apr 2013, 19:49

Hi All,

Just in case it happens to somebody else in the future, I finally found out what the problem was: the phone's memory was full because of all the videos of previous flights stored on the phone's SD. After I cleaned up the videos to free some space, I went to the Google store and the App decided to upgrade itself. I guess after I tried the previous upgrades the application was not properly upgraded or something and that was the reason for the hectic behavior.
After that I restarted the App and it worked like a charm. Too bad it's night so cannot really try it to check how it's behaving but at least I could take off and land.

So the big lesson is: if the program freezes with that on-screen message: check your disk space on the phone. Some better diagnostics would be appreciated, though.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

L.

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun

Post by Dronecrasher » 07 Apr 2013, 20:09

sorry I couldn't help