Pro Feature Requests

Moderator: shawnf

sokre988
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Pro Feature Requests

Post by sokre988 » 28 Feb 2013, 21:54

I think this belongs here :)

- Can you make altitude limiter input as edit text field where we can type our own number of altitude in meters (you can leave the slider too),
it´s a pain in the a** when you try to set certain altitude and it skips for 2-3 m up or down ..please, consider it in your future updates.
AR Drone 2.0 --> custom firmware --> Prestigio Multipad 8" tablet --> AR Drone Flight Pro app

Big Daddy104
Battery Charged

Post by Big Daddy104 » 04 Mar 2013, 19:38

Hey, new here to the AR Drone community, and and loving all of the mods and community found here. Here is my theoretical request.

Could something be put in place as a Return Home command? I know this wouldn't work for the RC community out there, but for the WiFi folks, I figured that with the magnometer (internal compass) allowing for absolute flight, I figured that the drone was already aware of the user's location. Is there any way to program a method to send the drone back? I would imagine this can be especially helpful to the WiFi extender folks out there who have been flying well beyond line of sight. May even be possible to return once reading a low connection/signal to avoid the drone drift plague. Just a thought and thanks for the fantastic app! Once I figured out the different profiles and control schemes for each (absolute flight not default caused a nasty crash or two) I am truly loving the drone and seemingly endless possibilities (can't wait for my new gear shafts to arrive and get back in the air!). thanks again, the $5.65 for the app is the best money I have spent in a long time!

AdReNaLiN
Ready for take off

Post by AdReNaLiN » 20 Mar 2013, 11:22

I'd like a way to calibrate a ps3 controller with a visual aid to see the dead zones and sensitivity instead of trying something and guessing...

giorgi3
Up and hovering

Post by giorgi3 » 21 Mar 2013, 00:03

I would like to have a 'glide key' mapping and a 'brake' key mapping.

The glide key would be a toggle on/off key. When off it does nothing. When toggled on, the 'No Hover Lock' would auto-start as soon as you gave any stick controls for movement, and would be turned off when the 'brake' key mapping was pressed. Just seems like a more natural way to implement the no-hover-lock. Basically glide in whatever direction you are moving until the brakes are pressed.

I really hate the jerky hover locks when flying outdoors, but I just can't seem to remember to hold in on the no-hover-lock key mapping. But I'm pretty sure I would remember to hit the brakes before I slid into a tree. :D

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Dronecrasher » 07 Apr 2013, 18:08

any way u can map a button to somehow
by pass the low battery warning (if u land u can't take off again)
so u can still take off below 20%
if the drone lands on a roof or like me in water (with water noodles on)
it can take off again and make it home kinda

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 08 Apr 2013, 09:08

The low battery alert is built into the firmware, so Parrot "enhanced" the latest firmware and it gets battery levels seriously wrong, especially if you try V1 batteries in a V2 drone.
You might be better off just trying a different firmware version.

yuyangchien
Newcomer

Post by yuyangchien » 18 Apr 2013, 04:13

I'm new (first post) to this forum. I enjoy very much flying AR Drone Flight Pro with PS3/Nexus7/OTG cable.

Request 1. Can it have a button toggling Absolute Control ON/OFF on the main screen, as well as a GamePad button mapping?

The case is when I fly long range (300-500 meters) with FPV by normal Flight Mode, WiFi link quality drops fairly often due to interference or something else. I can no longer see (from FPV) where am I nor my drone facing direction, but I can still control it. I know the rough direction of my drone from base station, and prefer toggling to Absolute Control mode right the way and pull my drone back ASAP, as I cannot see what direction it's facing from 300 meters away.

Request 2. Can you add/display battery voltage (such as 12.2V) and battery warning configuration at certain % or V?

I use aftermarket batteries (like everybody else) from 1300-2000mah. The case is the battery percentage is never correct, and I know it's likely a firmware issue. The battery percentage usually sticks 30-40% from a long time. When it drops below 25-30%, it drops like crazy say every 2% per second, which means talking about 15 seconds dropping from 30% to 0%. I am forced to land when reaching 0%, but I may not be able to find a safe place to land in 15 seconds for a long range flight. I prefer to monitor the actual Lipo voltage (available in the SDK) instead of incorrect percentage, and I can set battery warning level (% or V) myself based on different battery behavior.

Request 3. Can you add/display additional WiFi signal level (-db) feeding from drone's Linux (available when drone is hacked as client mode)?

I changed my drone to client mode and set my AP to channel 13 for avoiding most of WiFi interference (channel 13 is legal in our country). The current signal level is showing between my tablet/AP, instead of drone/AP. Showing drone/AP signal level is very important to let me know how far can I fly further.

I appreciate very much for your effort building such great app for our hobby.
Nexus 7 | ARDrone Flight Pro | PS3 Controller OTG

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 18 Apr 2013, 15:44

request1: can't answer that one ;)

request2: the drone only sends the lipo "%" to the controller device, it's the best reading that parrot will give at the moment, viewing the voltage on the controller device is impossible :( (I wish it was different)

request3: the drone doesn't broadcast it's own RSSI level (the wifi driver inside the drone also doesn't look at RSSI) all you can try is to keep an eye on the link quality, that gets broadcasted from the drone to the controller device

yuyangchien
Newcomer

Post by yuyangchien » 18 Apr 2013, 17:50

3nslav3 wrote:request1: can't answer that one ;)

request2: the drone only sends the lipo "%" to the controller device, it's the best reading that parrot will give at the moment, viewing the voltage on the controller device is impossible :( (I wish it was different)

request3: the drone doesn't broadcast it's own RSSI level (the wifi driver inside the drone also doesn't look at RSSI) all you can try is to keep an eye on the link quality, that gets broadcasted from the drone to the controller device
Thanks 3nslav3 for the reply.

A friend of mine (an iOS developer) added all these 3 requests and a lot more other features with iOS FreeFlight SDK. I occasionally use his FreeFlight on my iPad3, and found these are pretty useful, but I still prefer ARDrone Flight Pro + PS3 gamepad. Thus, I'm sure they are doable on iOS SDK, but unsure about Android SDK.

Regarding #3 signal level, I know it's infeasible with stock drone running AP mode. But when I changed drone to client mode (same as any Android device running Flight Pro as client mode connecting to AP), then it's feasible to get RSSI level as a client. I telnet into drone (client mode), and see the RSSI level well. Standard Parrot's SDK/API may not have such RSSI value though, but drone's Linux/OS should have RSSI.

Request 4: Can you add a "rough" realtime flying distance apart from the take off point with INS or any other way?

Before Parrot release GPS module, I prefer to know how far does my drone fly apart from me, and estimate how much fly time/battery left to return.

I'm sorry if I demand too much.
Nexus 7 | ARDrone Flight Pro | PS3 Controller OTG

Jagris
Newcomer

Post by Jagris » 25 Apr 2013, 02:43

More flip hotkeys. Connection w/ drone academy or a pro academy separate from the actual one. (might already be done not too familiar w/ the app yet)

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun

Post by Dronecrasher » 27 Apr 2013, 17:01

:D :D :D

Hey shawnf
great app love it

any way of tweaking the record button

I like having the automatic record when take off button
cause I always forget to turn it on
but was wondering if u could make a switch (box) to
not automatic shut off on landing
so automatic record on take off but stay on till "I" shut it off
or automatic shut off when I disconnect from app

Please and thanks
:D :D :D :D

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 27 Apr 2013, 20:54

Loving the new updates... Just curious if I could throw in a couple requests Shawn...

Is there any at to turn off the satellite dish icon on the right or can it be added?
And also ... Is it possible to add the onscreen flight timer option to the recorded overlay option menu?

Thank you for all the work sir :ugeek:
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun

Post by Dronecrasher » 27 Apr 2013, 21:38

hmm mine is off DBS

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 27 Apr 2013, 23:39

Yeah man... I thought there was a way to turn it of but I couldn't figure it out earlier... It just has to do with tracking the drones location and I never use that for anything. :|
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

ben_m16
Just flips over

Post by ben_m16 » 01 May 2013, 07:59

A good feature can be an option to transfer the video recorded on USB pen, to the tablet or phone, via Wifi. Like the new version of AR.FreeFlight from Parrot.