Pro Feature Requests

Moderator: shawnf

giorgi3
Up and hovering
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Pro Feature Requests

Post by giorgi3 » 28 Nov 2013, 15:31

Ok, thanks Shawn. The Cyanogenmod for the touchpad has other issues with devices so it wouldn't surprise me that it was presenting a GPS when none exists. I spent a lot of time working with the CM community trying to get the compass to work properly as well with no success. The proprietary nature of the HP Touchpad makes the conversion to Android a real pain.

Anyway, I can deal with this Shawn. I'll just have to remember to clear the waypoints myself every time. Appreciate you looking into it!!

IIVII
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by IIVII » 14 May 2014, 06:47

Hey Shawn ,

is it possible to add ( GPS Altitude & AGL ) to the Information block !

Thanks
IIVII

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 14 May 2014, 19:31

Well the AGL is not much point as this is just the figure from the drone altitude, so you have that already ;)
I guess I can add the GPS alt, but I've never seen the point, as even after they turned off SA, GPS altitude is pretty noisy and inaccurate...

IIVII
Just flips over

Post by IIVII » 14 May 2014, 23:30

shawnf wrote:Well the AGL is not much point as this is just the figure from the drone altitude, so you have that already ;)
I guess I can add the GPS alt, but I've never seen the point, as even after they turned off SA, GPS altitude is pretty noisy and inaccurate...

actually am using your app with a little project where an ArDrone board is used as FPV/OSD attached underneath a DJI Phantom FC40 . and since i can't get the altimeter to work without launch due the board being used without motors. so i thought of gettin' the altitude from the GPS data on the Information block.

btw. is there a way to get the altimeter data on the V.2 without take off .. just like on V1.0 board ?

pls take a look at this link .

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13890

Thanks
IIVII

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 19 May 2014, 07:19

Interesting use of the motherboard ;)
The V2 drone doesn't give relative alt unless it is flying via the SDK.
The planner screen with GPS alt and relative alt is provided via MAVLink, which isn't available with video, so not what you want either...
As a temporary change, I've made the alt info block switch to GPS alt if the height is zero, but of course this isn't AGL.
This is in the latest beta.

IIVII
Just flips over

Post by IIVII » 20 May 2014, 03:25

shawnf wrote:Interesting use of the motherboard ;)
The V2 drone doesn't give relative alt unless it is flying via the SDK.
The planner screen with GPS alt and relative alt is provided via MAVLink, which isn't available with video, so not what you want either...
As a temporary change, I've made the alt info block switch to GPS alt if the height is zero, but of course this isn't AGL.
This is in the latest beta.

Thanks Shawn ,

I truly appreciate your time and effort .. I've sent ya a request through google+ to join the beta group .

IIVII

waiflih
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by waiflih » 27 Nov 2014, 19:39

Is there any chance you can add an option to leave the "track" option On even after joystick movement? that way we can track and keep the distance manually. I guess some switch icon should be needed

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 Nov 2014, 08:09

Unfortunately Google has a problem with too many track points... It crashes, at least I don't think they have fixed it, so I have to restart the tracking anyway.
This is true even when you aren't using Google maps as the MapsForge map is just used to render a tile.