Pro Feature Requests

Moderator: shawnf

bcf_hex
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Pro Feature Requests

Post by bcf_hex » 27 Aug 2013, 20:37

I would love to see an autonomous tracking feature, lock on to a shape/pattern/sticker and follow it automatically.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 Aug 2013, 07:33

There already is a track option... and track and hold distance.
But due to the limitations of the drone firmware it's not great at distance keeping.
Of course you need to set the Enemy detection mode and colour before turning it on.
It's only beta as Parrot seem to be playing down the AR bit of the drone these days so are quite likely to break it.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 Aug 2013, 07:37

pav18 wrote:Also I found that really often when you run the program one half of the screen is used by map even if you didn't turn it on. Especially it happens when you run program offline of drone.
That's a lovely Google bug as it's told to hide and doesn't...
I have managed to hide it in the Beta release, though Google could break my work around.

bcf_hex
Battery Charged

Post by bcf_hex » 28 Aug 2013, 22:42

shawnf wrote:There already is a track option... and track and hold distance.
But due to the limitations of the drone firmware it's not great at distance keeping.
Of course you need to set the Enemy detection mode and colour before turning it on.
It's only beta as Parrot seem to be playing down the AR bit of the drone these days so are quite likely to break it.
Is there a guide for this as would like to play with that a bit more?
Cheers

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 29 Aug 2013, 08:42

No...but I've given you enough information to play with it surely?
Turn on enemy detection and then select track...obviously you have to be flying, just like the other autonomous modes.

Zealocracy
Up and hovering

Post by Zealocracy » 29 Aug 2013, 14:10

I would like to have a button that changed the sensitivity of the joypads while flying, currently you have to change profiles to do this whit oo much time between loading for it to be useful while flying

ben_m16
Just flips over

Post by ben_m16 » 27 Oct 2013, 09:23

Hi Shawnf, can you put the new firmware 2.4.8 on your APP to download???

Thanks very much.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 Oct 2013, 09:51

I've added 2.4.8 to the list, but not actually tried it yet...

Zack3g
Battery Charged

Post by Zack3g » 29 Oct 2013, 23:07

Full support of Nvidia Shield.

We've spoken about this on email.

The built in functions work on the trigger buttons, but remapping them does not. One would think if they can be programmed to do *something* then it would be possible to get remapping them to work.

Zack3g
Battery Charged

Post by Zack3g » 30 Oct 2013, 04:24

Update: Nvidia released an update for the shield that allows users to map physical buttons to on screen controls. Native support in the app would be nice, but Nvidia was kind enough to come up with a workaround.

giorgi3
Up and hovering

Post by giorgi3 » 26 Nov 2013, 16:30

Shawn,

For autonomous flight with the GPS flight controller, can you change ARF Pro to show 'old' waypoints on the map and present a warning / options message at startup. Something like: "Waypoints already exist [save] [discard]".

Details:
If I restart the ARF Pro app it ends up remembering the old waypoints (either in the waypoint file or read back in from the Ardrone) but it doesn't seem to show them on the map. If I then go to the plan screen, enter new waypoints, press launch and press follow waypoints, the Drone flies the old waypoints first. This can be a dangerous situation. As I pointed out in another thread, the Drone flew into the side of my house trying to get to the 'remembered' older waypoints. Also it might create a flyaway as I may have changed locations completely.

Also curious about the [set home] option in the plan map. Is that remembered as well? That could also create some issues with flyaways.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 27 Nov 2013, 09:05

The waypoints are displayed when you get a GPS lock, as this is used to position the map, so all I can guess is you didn't have a GPS lock and then started creating waypoints...
Certainly I've not seen this behavior and it always overwrites the drone if you create waypoints.
I guess I can just disable creation until the GPS lock...
No home doesn't persist, as the drone sets it at take off, so it only works in the air.

giorgi3
Up and hovering

Post by giorgi3 » 27 Nov 2013, 12:20

shawnf wrote:The waypoints are displayed when you get a GPS lock, as this is used to position the map, so all I can guess is you didn't have a GPS lock and then started creating waypoints...
Are you referring to the GPS Lock of the Flight Recorder or the GPS Lock of the Android tablet? I'm using an older hp touchpad tablet converted to Android. It does not have a GPS. I never see the positioning of the map to the proper spot, even though my Flight Recorder is flashing away. I've always had to manually move the map to my location.

I just started a test to make sure. I started the app up, selected the map, selected the [plan] option, clicked on satellite view. I get a map that is showing africa. I've waited until I see this in the plan view:
GPS: 3D Fix 4.2m Speed 0 m/s Alt: 226.4 AGL: 02m

The map image is still Africa.I scroll over to the United States (my location) and see the BLUE ARDrone symbol. I can then expand the map to see my house and the ARdrone symbol is correctly positioned on the map and is still blue so I am clearly locked.

I'll try this out with my S3 (with GPS) and see what it shows.

giorgi3
Up and hovering

Post by giorgi3 » 27 Nov 2013, 12:51

I can confirm that with my S3 phone with GPS on that the map is automatically positioned to my correct location and that old waypoints are correctly shown.

So I'm thinking the 'bad' behavior I am seeing is related to Android devices without GPS or maybe something specific to my HP touchpad running CM 10.1.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 Nov 2013, 11:35

I had a look with the only tablet I have here without a GPS (Kindle Fire HD) and it seems OK.
The only thing I can think is that the CM on HP is claiming it has a GPS when it doesn't, as in this case my app will be waiting for a GPS fix on the device.
For non-GPS devices like the Kindle, it waits for the Drone GPS fix.