Release Announcements

Moderator: shawnf

shawnf
Chased the cat

Re: Release Announcements

Post by shawnf » 18 Jun 2013, 13:37

Well my N4, N7 and N10 are all on 4.2.2 and working fine.

You also rebooted after the licensing issue, or this could have explained it.

What Drone firmware version are you on?

I am assuming you are just using standard on-screen controls not a gamepad...

If you have any logs I can take a look, but tricky to do anything unless I have more information or a way to reproduce it.

Forgot to say on the N4 I have to turn off Bluetooth due to the Bluetooth bug on the N4 - it cripples wifi if it's turned on, but this shows up as bad link qualiy and wifi signal...
It might be worth turning on the FPS counter as on the N4, this sits happily at 30-33 FPS and running without any delay or issues using the released 8.05/8.06 apps.

dragonash
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by dragonash » 18 Jun 2013, 15:26

i redownloaded the app (im at work right now).
Again, could not get licensing to work. I uninstalled and then reinstalled. Seems to be the only way to get it working.
I have rebooted my phone after to get a fully clean start. But I will not be able to test things out until I get home. But this will give adequate time for everything to "settle down"

I am using a gamepad

Drone firmware is current (i just checked last night in the official app and it said there were no updates)

I dont know how to capture logs

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 18 Jun 2013, 15:42

As I said, the licensing works for me, but I'm not using Titanium backup, so perhaps this could be causing an issue...
I'm not rooted either.
Are you using the gamepad via USB OTG, standard Bluetooth or via some other software?
Logging on 4.2 requires you to be rooted and then you can use something like alogcat from Play Store.

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 18 Jun 2013, 16:42

to update the licenses:

as soon as you see the "select the mapsforge map...." just leave it there on the screen and wait for the "your licenses have been retrieved" message

usually that goes instant but in some rare cases it can take a while ;)

just be patient on that screen

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 18 Jun 2013, 18:07

OK one final licensing attempt with Flight 7.02 / Pro 8.07 and if it doesn't help then it's just a case of retry and wait, as 3nslav3 says ;)

If I get complaints about too many updates I will give up and decide to be an iOS programmer as they make money shipping cr*p :)

JLaurent
Just flips over

Post by JLaurent » 18 Jun 2013, 19:29

I upload the last release 8.07 and it works, I did not need to retrieve my licence...
And please Shawn don't give up, your app is the best of best ;-)
Ma chaine Youtube => http://www.youtube.com/user/JLaurent27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jpmorgan49
Ready for take off

Post by jpmorgan49 » 18 Jun 2013, 22:31

Newest version working fine for me also.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Post by Jayson Hanes » 19 Jun 2013, 00:25

Latest update has the licensing retrieving without a problem! Flew a few times and it seems like it's running as it should so far. Thanks Shawn!

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 19 Jun 2013, 13:12

Glad we got there in the end ;)

dragonash
Chased the cat

Post by dragonash » 19 Jun 2013, 16:48

Ok, i re-tested with the new app (not the very current - but im not going to update for a licensing thing since its working for me now)

I tested the app very slowly (and even put down a blanket on the floor for "safe" landings) lol
It seemed to work very well now. -45 db, signal was 100%.

did a few back and forths, spins even calibrated in the air.
I did an emergency stop 3ft above ground over a pillow.
BROKE my indoor hull! lol
How the hell?!

Doesnt matter, i never used it anyway. I'll just tape up the piece as I will use it for testing purposes.

I noticed something cool though. I used the original Drone box as a take off platform. While hovering over it, i decided to move it out of the way. As I moved it, the drone followed! Freaked me out for a second, but i figured the camera was trying to keep the hover standng still (i thinks it is moving from wind)

Thought it was cool. But now i better understand how it reacts to the ground below

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 Jun 2013, 13:19

New Pro 8.08 Release and Flight Release 7.03 coming soon:

* More bug fixes
I think I have fixed an Autonomous mode crash and the random firmware on SD card not being detected.

Jayson Hanes
Spying is fun

Post by Jayson Hanes » 28 Jun 2013, 15:20

shawnf wrote:New Pro 8.08 Release
I guess I'm too impatient with the play store.. it hasn't shown an update available yet.. SMH.. why do I care right now, I'm at work, lol... hopefully I'll have good results in 6 hours or so.. Thanks Shawn!

hastarin
Newcomer

Post by hastarin » 29 Jun 2013, 02:49

I'm getting an error on my Nexus 7 saying it can't install on USB or SD card storage. Did you accidentally force that as the install location somehow?

P.S. is there a wiki somewhere with some sample profiles and layouts in a backup that folks could use as a quick starting point? In the effort to get it working I stupidly uninstalled before backing up my config. :-(

PPS I guess it was something wrong with the Play Store. After killing it and trying again it installed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 01 Jul 2013, 11:38

8.09 Pro / 7.04 Flight have an updated manifest file with no code changes which should fix the inability to save settings...
Not sure exactly why, but it was just retail, as debug was working fine for me of course ;)

To answer question about canned settings - no, as they vary on Android versions, so the only safe way is to back your own up to SD card using the built-in menu options.
The defaults are what I guess most people can fly with...

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 04 Sep 2013, 09:10

Don't post questions on this thread unless they are for a specific release issue...
Also try looking at the other threads before posting. The Beta one for example!