Release Announcements

Moderator: shawnf

shawnf
Chased the cat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Release Announcements

Post by shawnf » 10 Dec 2012, 10:33

Rather than post on each different thread, I've created a new thread to announce the releases on.
Might as well use the new forum group properly ;)
N.B. This thread is not for general questions.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Re: Release Announcements

Post by shawnf » 10 Dec 2012, 10:37

So here is the first release announcement :)

I've just uploaded Pro v6.19 for Play Store.
This includes updated Dutch translations; I've tweaked the defaults so the HUD and attitude default to on again, so it's more obviously different from Flight ;)...

The main change is that I have made the button press/toggle modes have a bigger "virtual" button area that matches the size of a joystick, but only if touch centering is active.
The idea being that if you are using touch centering, you expect to be able to touch anywhere in the joystick area for the centre, so the same should be true for button press modes...
It was a feature request that was a) easy for me to do and b) a good idea :)

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 14 Dec 2012, 20:10

Pro version 6.20 should be available soon from Play Store.

This adds the auto-connect option:
http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html#DroneIP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also separate sensitivities and deadzones for the yaw and climb joystick axes.

Plus a few bug fixes like the button layers are changed round to be above the on-screen joysticks, so you can press the animation/hide buttons without affecting joystick controls.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 14 Dec 2012, 20:11

Flight version 6.17 should be available soon from Play Store.

This switches to the new Google V3 in-app billing, as they recommend it for offline apps, as it caches things better.

Also separate sensitivities and deadzones for the yaw and climb joystick axes.

Plus a few bug fixes like the button layers are changed round to be above the on-screen joysticks, so you can press the animation/hide buttons without affecting joystick controls.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 16 Dec 2012, 10:03

Pro version v6.21 just uploaded to Play Store.
This has the new Wifi dB altitude display mode, ably demonstrated by 3nslav3 in the Pro thread ;), combined with more frequent checks of the wifi strength than the normal WiFiManager change notifications.
Also a few bug fixes to auto-connect to try and make it as stable as possible if you start off not connected to the drone and then turn auto-connect on... This is why the screen is mostly black rather than white when not connected to the Drone.

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 16 Dec 2012, 16:40

I used this version to it's fullest this morning... Got a killer video processing in the movie maker right now that will show this bad boy at it's best...

Will post back in a little while

(I like that black screen when not connected BTW... Not as blinding in a dark room tweaking adjustments)
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 16 Dec 2012, 19:59

So there it is in my signature...

This WiFi refresh frequency was the confidence boost I needed... Letting me know step by step my exact WiFi strength instead of waiting for the change notification telling me I lost a big chunk already and wondering when the next hit was coming... AWESOME UPDATE!!!!
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 21 Dec 2012, 10:13

V6.22 Pro is just uploaded to Play Store.

Mainly for the German translation updates by Marcus Rathkamp, but also an experimental change to use a new wifi permission to turn on high performance mode.
WiFi high performance seems to only make a difference on some devices and isn't the same thing as the Samsung wifi code mentioned by 3nslav3 in his thread, although we had hoped it would be, as that seems to switch actual wifi drivers...

Chistmas approaching, so have a great Christmas and Happy New year to all ARDrone flyers :)

3nslav3
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by 3nslav3 » 21 Dec 2012, 22:54

it activates when the app loads ;-) you cant turn it off because there is no need to

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 31 Dec 2012, 14:41

I've just uploaded Flight Pro v6.24 to Google Play.
It should fix the firmware update issues when using drone auto-connect.

I also added the ability to use the DPAD directions when doing button mappings... well it worked on my gamepad anyway.

Limited testing as I have no Drone here, but it should be OK... famous last words ;)
Happy New Year... no more updates until 2013!

kwhabq
Battery Charged

Post by kwhabq » 04 Jan 2013, 22:14

Just got the Pro Version for V2 . Can someone tell me the pros/cons of installing the unofficial firmware?
Specifically, is it required for the Pro Version, and can the parrot version be reinstalled if necessary. Thanks for any guidance available. So far I like what I see in the Pro Version. Thanks meavydev.

kwhabq
Battery Charged

Post by kwhabq » 05 Jan 2013, 01:44

Just flew the Pro with stock firmware, and am impressed with the display and performance. Scripted some maneuvers and they worked great. Still would like opinions as to the benefits of the unofficial firmware.
shawnf, I applaud you and the app. Keep up the good work - I look forward to your next update.

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 05 Jan 2013, 01:52

the unnoficial firmware is the firmware for IOS devices that android doesnt get from parrot ;-) its basicly the latest parrot firmware but it works perfect on android to :)

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 06 Jan 2013, 13:58

I've just uploaded Pro v6.25 to Play Store.

This changes Flight Animations so they are profile specific, so now you can have different lists of animations depending on the active profile.
A side effect of this change is a DB change, so any existing profiles are deleted. Animations also have to be created for each profile from scratch.

Also added is firmware 2.3.3 USB key hotplug support.

Finally a number of bug fixes, like reconnecting to the WiFi SSID you were connected to when quitting with auto-connect enabled, plus some resource tweaks to try and reduce memory use when not actually connected to a drone.

Videonut
Ready for take off

Post by Videonut » 07 Jan 2013, 14:41

shawnf wrote:I've just uploaded Pro v6.25 to Play Store.

This changes Flight Animations so they are profile specific, so now you can have different lists of animations depending on the active profile.
A side effect of this change is a DB change, so any existing profiles are deleted. Animations also have to be created for each profile from scratch.

Also added is firmware 2.3.3 USB key hotplug support.

Finally a number of bug fixes, like reconnecting to the WiFi SSID you were connected to when quitting with auto-connect enabled, plus some resource tweaks to try and reduce memory use when not actually connected to a drone.
It seems that the play store is still only showing 6.24 from Dec31 and the app on my tablet is also at 6.24.
Does it usually take a couple days before it shows up?