ARDrone Flight Pro = ARDrone Flight + Platinum Features

Moderator: shawnf

3nslav3
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: ARDrone Flight Pro = ARDrone Flight + Platinum Features

Post by 3nslav3 » 27 Apr 2013, 18:25

garrock wrote:
3nslav3 wrote:adaptive video off, use the P264 codec and max everything else out, the N7 can handle it ;)
I cannot get my N7 to record local video.

I really need it to work.

I deleted the file structure when I had my tablet hooked up as a USB device to my PC.

Since then, local video has not worked. The file structure (directorys) are there.
do you still have free space on your tablet? the recording should work fine tho

what also could be possible: the files are there but android doesn't show them (it keeps the filenames buffered and android hasn't refreshed the buffer yet)

you can fix that by simply rebooting the tablet or use Es file explorer and press the "refresh button" in the video folder

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 29 Apr 2013, 04:17

Shawn I gotta say.... You really nailed it with this latest update. The video recording is smoother and the hover lock button is PERFECT. The money spent on this app was money well spent.
The toggle is exactly what I hoped. It makes flying the front at night perfect and soo much easier to record smooth video.
GOOD Job.
Everyone swing by Shawn's donate button and kick him a few bucks. He deserves it.

sent from my Galaxy S3 on beans 14 via tapatalk 2

giorgi3
Up and hovering

Post by giorgi3 » 29 Apr 2013, 13:46

Nicholi2789 wrote:Shawn I gotta say.... You really nailed it with this latest update. The video recording is smoother and the hover lock button is PERFECT. The money spent on this app was money well spent.
The toggle is exactly what I hoped. It makes flying the front at night perfect and soo much easier to record smooth video.
GOOD Job.
Everyone swing by Shawn's donate button and kick him a few bucks. He deserves it.

sent from my Galaxy S3 on beans 14 via tapatalk 2

I couldn't agree more. The new hoverlock features rock. :D I used to be afraid to fly when the wind was up, as i had several instances where the drone would try to hoverlock and end up tilting to much and kicking in the 'too much angle' error. Now you can just toggle hoverlock to off, and surf the wind !!. Just what the doctor ordered.

rog0978
Newcomer

Post by rog0978 » 30 Apr 2013, 16:49

Hi folks,

I was wondering if ARDrone Flight Pro would support the hardware key pads on the Sony Xperia Play phone...

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 30 Apr 2013, 16:56

should work fine but if you are planning to buy that device... its very outdated :s

rog0978
Newcomer

Post by rog0978 » 30 Apr 2013, 19:20

I know, but since I am not using local video recording, I think it should work OK, no?
I just need to be able to steer the drone more precisely than with the onscreen joysticks (plus it happened at least twice per flight that I accidently closed the application because I touched the back-button on my Xperia ZL during flight...)

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 01 May 2013, 00:17

I'm not convinced that Sony use standard gamepad interface and if they don't then it won't work at all, as I use the built-in Android gamepad support which is for USB devices (and standard bluetooth)...
As it's Sony, it's almost certain that they have come up with some proprietary interface ;)

Why not turn on the on-screen Exit button, as then back won't exit? Can't stop home exiting though...

SAN.DRO.NE
Ready for take off

Post by SAN.DRO.NE » 06 May 2013, 18:40

Italian language pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :oops:
https://www.facebook.com/sandrone.itali ... 6513481357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ArSanDroNe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

julianpaul
Newcomer

Post by julianpaul » 14 May 2013, 14:34

Hi, I'm new here, have a drone2.0.

Shawn, I would buy this app if it means I can use my xperia play's hardware gamepad with it. I had mixed results using GameKeyboard with the official app to map the hardware to onscreen touches. Only problem is that ArFreeflight needs a touch-then-swipe action to control the drone rather than simple touches like the app does. And the GameKeyboard app does simulate swiping for the d-pad (direction) but not the action-buttons (altitude&yaw). I don't really care about the 'analog' controls on the gamepad because they're pretty much the same as using the touchscreen. I've tried using the Sixaxis Controller app with a PS3 controller and it works great with the real analog sticks. only problem is i don't own a ps3 and it would be stupid to buy a controller just for the drone.

If you need more info on the xperia play hardware mapping check out the following: http://developer.sonymobile.com/2011/02 ... game-keys/

Thanks for making the app anyway.
Last edited by julianpaul on 22 May 2013, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 14 May 2013, 15:19

Sorry, but I'm not going to do specific support for a device that a) I don't own... b) doesn't use the standard Android USB gamepad interface.

Sony messed up and went their usual proprietary route when they should have just used the Android USB interface...

Perhaps someone has done a sixaxis style app and created a standard USB interface for the Xperia Play, but I somehow don't hold out much hope.

julianpaul
Newcomer

Post by julianpaul » 15 May 2013, 15:12

I realize that you don't want to support a rare and non-standard device, but what is really required is rather simple.

In gamepad mapping, the joystick maps require a 'joystick axis moved through it's range'. If you had for example, 'roll left' and 'roll right' as individual keys like the rest of the non-joystick controls, it could simply be mapped to a button press. That's all that's required really - allowing mapping the joysticks to individual keys as well as actual joysticks.

Everything else is fine the way it is.

Please consider this.

Thanks

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 15 May 2013, 15:34

Did Sony ever upgrade to ICS?
Gamepad mapping requires 3.1 or higher...so even if I did add button mapping (not saying I will add it's a lot of hassle) it will only work if the device is running 4.03 or higher.

julianpaul
Newcomer

Post by julianpaul » 15 May 2013, 17:11

Sony didn't but most of us xperia play owners are on ics. runs pretty well too.

I'm able to map the joysticks using gamekeyboard but would like native mapping. It's simpler, neater and less taxing on the cpu.

I understand that it may be too much work for a niche device but at least consider adding mapping joysticks to keys in a later big update or something. I'm buying the app anyway, looks well worth the money.

julianpaul
Newcomer

Post by julianpaul » 22 May 2013, 00:49

Thank you so much for adding the individual key maps Shawn, you rock!

I must mention one little niggle (not with the app, with the phone). As mentioned in the xperia play dev guide i posted above, the circle button is also the same as the back function, only with ALT enabled (back is plain back). Well, the friggin phone thinks i'm hitting back when i try to map circle to yaw right. Just letting you know, i'm planning to see what can be done about this when i have the time.

mede8er
Battery Charged

Post by mede8er » 11 Jun 2014, 18:30

Bringing this thread back from the dead, as a new user this app paired with the PS3 controller is very solid....Thanks man!