Moderator: shawnf

3nslav3
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ARDrone Flight - Now supporting ARDrone 2

Post by 3nslav3 » 20 Oct 2012, 23:31

oh man, 45euro.... they should be 25max, that ebay seller must be makin huge amounts of profit :-P where are you located?

costing
Ready for take off

Post by costing » 20 Oct 2012, 23:35

Indeed, it's 25 to 30, but shipping to France adds a lot to the price...

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 20 Oct 2012, 23:49

http://www.aerobertics.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this is my local shop in belgium, they might ship to france, mail them ;-)

costing
Ready for take off

Post by costing » 21 Oct 2012, 00:13

Thanks for the tip! They do, for a price :)

Total price of ordered products: 25€
Shipping & handling for your country (France) would be: 17.16€

But there should be some online shops in France too ... Let's see ...

sadko2000
Ready for take off

Post by sadko2000 » 25 Oct 2012, 21:03

Does anyone know, how each figure/dance/etc. in Flight Animation should look like? Checked all figures today and about one third of them looks strange. My Drone is OK btw.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 27 Oct 2012, 16:26

OK due to complaints about Google licensing for Combat, I have done some changes to try and improve the situation...

So I have just released v1.10 of Combat and v5.29 of Flight.

Please be aware that Google will require you to connect to the internet to renew the license, so there is nothing I can do about this!

What I have done is to try and renew the license in the background, so hopefully it will be licensed when you come to fly, hence the new permissions for Combat.

Also Combat and Flight have new Dutch and Russian translations. So thanks go to 3nslav3 and sadko2000!

Of course the moaners won't go back and remove their 1* ratings about Google licensing ;)

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 27 Oct 2012, 16:54

Woohooo! Thanks Shawn! I'm still trying to get the French and German fixed for you ;) i'm not giving up on it yet :D

sadko2000
Ready for take off

Post by sadko2000 » 27 Oct 2012, 17:11

Russian is still not perfect, working on it too.

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 28 Oct 2012, 14:52

I haven't seen the ar drone combat License warning yet after the update, so far so good ;)

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 29 Oct 2012, 11:51

Good news and hopefully the updates I have just done will improve things further.
It's mainly for first time installs and re-installs, but I have tweaked it to launch the Platinum Features menu on first launch after an install...

Here is the common info I posted on the Pro thread.

A quick update to 5.81 (well for Pro and Flight, also Combat licensing tweak).

Don't panic...both Flight and Pro will now do a first install launch which takes you to the wifi settings screen to get you to connect to the internet.
This is because Google don't do an install notification where the licensing could be checked, just get you to do it at first launch, which in my case is probably too late, as most people connect to the Drone before launching the app.
So the idea is it basically takes you to the Platinum Features menu on first launch after install.
This takes you through the connect to the internet; press back; fiddle with Platinum features (and also refreshes any in-app purchases and/or licenses); press back; connect back to the Drone wifi; press back takes you to the top level settings; press back again to fly the drone.

Why? Well it gets people to do it on first time launch. It also refreshes any in-app payments (a common email support issue on re-installs). Gets them used to the menus and setting up the Platinum Features and tweaking any other settings before flying.

So while being presented with the wifi settings screen on first launch might be a suprise, hopefully it will actually help reduce the moans in the long run... hopefully ;)

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 06 Nov 2012, 12:47

OK just uploaded v5.82 and Combat 1.12.
These are bug fixes, updates to Russian translations and trying to improve the compass handling for absolute modes.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 09 Nov 2012, 13:38

Followed by 5.83 to fix the handset 90 degree compass error.

but_AR_fly
Battery Charged

Post by but_AR_fly » 13 Nov 2012, 18:09

Hi all,

first let me thank Shawn for this great app. I bought platinum features and the pro version to support him, like some of you suggested. ;)

May I ask for your help regarding some issues?

1. Since yesterday the record button does no longer work. I couldn't fix this by rebooting the drone and my phone or by deleting all app data.

2. Since I installed ARDrone Flight and updated the firmware the drone does no longer stay in one place when I turn around the vertical axis. Instead it begins to drift heavily. I always use a cyclic joystick on the left, the driffting happens if I only touch the collective joystick to turn, leaving the left stick untouched. Often the drone starts drifting as soon as I touch the center of the right stick. Tilting the phone has no effect.

3. I never got HD video, and I never got recording on USB. I am sure I missed some setting, and for the time being I'd be happy to get ANY video again.

Thank you for your help! I use a Samsung Galaxy Note with android 4.0.4 and successfuly updated the drone firmware to 2.2.6. (thanks again Shawn!)

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 13 Nov 2012, 18:51

Hello there!
but_AR_fly wrote: 1. Since yesterday the record button does no longer work. I couldn't fix this by rebooting the drone and my phone or by deleting all app data.
full SD card or full usb stick or usb doesn't get recognized anymore? but yeah, you deleted the data so i guess you'll be fine there ;)
watch out with USB sticks tho, the drone doesn't like them all (some usb sticks just wont work)

some info on USB recording: http://forum.parrot.com/ardrone/en/viewtopic.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can also try checking in the "set video recording mode" menu, maybe you have a wrong setting there :)
but_AR_fly wrote: 2. Since I installed ARDrone Flight and updated the firmware the drone does no longer stay in one place when I turn around the vertical axis. Instead it begins to drift heavily. I always use a cyclic joystick on the left, the driffting happens if I only touch the collective joystick to turn, leaving the left stick untouched. Often the drone starts drifting as soon as I touch the center of the right stick. Tilting the phone has no effect.
hmm weird one, but i had that also happening once but i can't replicate that problem :s are your joystick nullzones set to 0? if yes, set it on something a little bit higher ;)
just tested inside and all is fine here (but i touched the spinning prop with my fingers ouch :lol: )
but_AR_fly wrote: 3. I never got HD video, and I never got recording on USB. I am sure I missed some setting, and for the time being I'd be happy to get ANY video again.
"set video recording mode" => you can choose if you want USB, local (on the tablet), or USB + local (record on usb and tablet at the same time)

if you want higher quality video you can set the device performance and bitrates in the "user interface and feedback" menu
(the adversise the drone as "HD" but it's video far from HD ;)

Good luck!

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 13 Nov 2012, 19:12

but_AR_fly wrote:2. Since I installed ARDrone Flight and updated the firmware the drone does no longer stay in one place when I turn around the vertical axis. Instead it begins to drift heavily. I always use a cyclic joystick on the left, the driffting happens if I only touch the collective joystick to turn, leaving the left stick untouched. Often the drone starts drifting as soon as I touch the center of the right stick. Tilting the phone has no effect.
Mine has been like this from day one... as soon as I touch the right joypad it releases the lock on the ground and the drone is free to roam whichever way wind blows... pressing calibrate before you take off helps a lot if its not windy.... pressing calibrate while the drone IS NOT on a level surface makes it MUCH worse...

Freeflight does not do this... it will still target lock while rotating or climbing

When rotating or climbing in ARDrone Flight I always have to control drone position manually

I never thought to call this out as a problem ... just thought it was a different deal with using a different app... and I'm a two thumb flyer all the time anyway... just got used to it and never thought about it till he just brought it up
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE