ARDrone Flight - Now supporting ARDrone 2

Moderator: shawnf

shawnf
Chased the cat

Re: ARDrone Flight - Now supporting ARDrone 2

Post by shawnf » 07 Oct 2012, 14:00

I've just uploaded v5.78 to Play Store, so coming in a couple of hours.

This is basically a saving preferences change.
I have removed the default settings option.

What you now have is a dialog when quitting preferences (via the Back button), which allows you to save, set defaults or discard changes.
Save should be obvious ;)
Set defaults will only actually work if you are connected to the Drone, but resets defaults when connected. You need to give it some time to take place, so don't do a set defaults and then go straight back into Change Settings...
Discard Changes is to keep the people happy that seem to be unable to navigate without hitting the sliders (either I don't have big fat fingers, or I use inertial scrolling, but I never suffer from this ;)). So if you make a mistake, then choose the Discard option and you can go back in and try again.

I'm not merging Switch and Manage Profiles into one option, as they do different things...

To answer the SDCard MapsForge question - No, as I use the standard /sdcard/ folder which is standard on all Android devices and external SDCards are device specific on how they get mapped in, so I'm afraid you will have to live with it in the /sdcard folder.

ScubaSteve
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by ScubaSteve » 07 Oct 2012, 14:16

ok no problem thanks for answering and keep up the great work
http://www.dronetec.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << QuadMod RC Control for your Drone
http://www.facebook.com/dronetecgb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << Like Us on Facebook

gulfy32
Newcomer

Post by gulfy32 » 07 Oct 2012, 21:51

Is there anyway to limit the times the app needs to check for licensing. It seems like every other time I open the app up it needs to license. I own combat, and bought animations and autonomous flight. I try launching combat and then ardrone flight, it still gives the error. I click on platinum features, connect to the internet, but sometimes it still says it needs to check license. Many times I have to use the parrot app because I in the field and can't get a internet connection. On top of that, the app force closes many times when trying to validate the license on my Nexus 7 and HTC Sensation.

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 07 Oct 2012, 23:32

some hard proof that recording on phone and usb at the same time works perfect :D

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/AoGZMV8Az4A

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/eQRJzuhlEX4
before you say: "omg NOES this is recorded with an external cam blah blah blah"
the shadow is caused by the IR spotlight ;)
see here => http://oi50.tinypic.com/nlzej5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hakan42
Ready for take off

Post by hakan42 » 08 Oct 2012, 06:48

gulfy32 wrote:Is there anyway to limit the times the app needs to check for licensing..... Many times I have to use the parrot app because I in the field and can't get a internet connection.
+1 from me too, I had the very same issue on vacation in Italy where I could not get a good roaming deal and basically could only check for license in the hotel room :sad:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 08 Oct 2012, 09:18

As far as Combat licensing goes, no, as that's up to Google.
I think they say a couple of days, but probably depends on number of launches...
Platinum features are in-app purchases, so use a different mechanism, talking to the Play Store app service, so probably cached for longer, as I notice some of 3nslav3's videos had the Combat license warning, but he was flying as the Platinum Donate was active...

If only the 50,000 people who used my app when it was v1 only had bothered to donate (thank you to the about 20 people that did), then I wouldn't have had to make V2 donations compulsory... of course it's even better when I see 1* ratings complaining they used to be able to fly for free - if they had donated they would have been able to fly V2, as I had in-app donation for many months saying they would get access to extra features, like flying v2 drones ;)

BTW See the Combat FAQ for the way to renew its license, as going to the Platinum Features will not be renewing the Combat license, only Donate, Autonomous and Flight Animations...
http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDroneCombat.html#FAQ

and
http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html#FAQ

username2620
Up and hovering

Post by username2620 » 08 Oct 2012, 19:38

hakan42 wrote:
gulfy32 wrote:Is there anyway to limit the times the app needs to check for licensing..... Many times I have to use the parrot app because I in the field and can't get a internet connection.
+1 from me too, I had the very same issue on vacation in Italy where I could not get a good roaming deal and basically could only check for license in the hotel room :sad:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
+2 this is my biggest gripe with this app.. If I'm pressed for time I'll just use the parrot app... because the whole licensing process takes me almost 10 mins...

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 08 Oct 2012, 19:49

If it's such a big deal with Combat licensing, then I suggest you try Donate via the Platinum features...
as there isn't anything I can do to change Combat licensing, and in-app seems a bit less strict ;)

gulfy32
Newcomer

Post by gulfy32 » 08 Oct 2012, 21:06

I have done both. But it looks like it you launch the app without connecting to your drone and click launch it says unlicensed, but if you just connect to the drone it works fine.

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 08 Oct 2012, 21:28

gulfy32 wrote:I have done both. But it looks like it you launch the app without connecting to your drone and click launch it says unlicensed, but if you just connect to the drone it works fine.
indeed, that google play stuff just likes to complain :P (the ARDrone Combat check can be a real bitch!)
I never had a single problem with the in app billing, I donated for all the platinum things etc, it always worked perfect!
the only time when it failed on me was just after a fresh ICS install on my phone and that is all...
shawnf wrote:If it's such a big deal with Combat licensing, then I suggest you try Donate via the Platinum features...
as there isn't anything I can do to change Combat licensing, and in-app seems a bit less strict ;)
+1

google play store is the blame here but it's a 100% safe check for pirated apps...
imagine if you guys were in Shawn his shoes, spend 1000's of hours working on this app, trying everything to keep everyone happy and notice people are spreading pirated copys...
thanks to the "in app billing checks" this is history. (just an attempt to make you guys understand why it is made this way ;) )

username2620
Up and hovering

Post by username2620 » 09 Oct 2012, 02:28

3nslav3 wrote: (just an attempt to make you guys understand why it is made this way ;) )
I totally understand, its still a 5* app in my book...

so let me get this straight, if I donate, and always connect to the drone first, then start the app I shouldn't have anymore issues?

keep in mind, I've already purchased the flight animations, and autonomous add-ons but still have issues..

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 09 Oct 2012, 07:50

As 3nslav3 says, Google handles in-app billing in a different way, so flying a v2 drone will be more reliable with in-app Donates with updates required on re-installs and device changes.

As one of the other posts mentioned, you will always get the alert when not connected to the Drone, so don't expect to check without a V2 drone connected.

ben_m16
Just flips over

Post by ben_m16 » 09 Oct 2012, 19:18

Hi shawnf,

Can you upgrade the option of joystick USB in your App???

I have a lot of problem when connect one USB joystick. I have Android 4.1.1 and 4.0.4. The drone gones crazy flying when connect one to the tablet or phone.

The joystick function OK with other appss, but crazy with your app.

Can you add an calibrate option, or more exact control???????? or something to improve the use of an joystick USB (PC version, not XBOX or PLAY) with drone. Its very precise use an joystick.

Thanks very much.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 09 Oct 2012, 22:29

I use standard Android gamepad support.
There are individual sliders for deadzones and sensitivities, so you should be able to adjust it for your joystick.

Having said this, I'm not going to do anything specific for a joystick, as I don't have one and I'm not going to buy one, as the PS3 controller is perfect for controlling the Drone, so sorry, but no more changes...

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 09 Oct 2012, 22:37

+1 on that... using the PS3 controller works great ... i can confirm ... but you need to adjust some settings to get it the way you want... and why use caveman usb when the bluetooth works just fine and doesn't limit your movements
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE