Release Announcements

Moderator: shawnf

shawnf
Chased the cat

Re: Release Announcements

Post by shawnf » 26 May 2014, 23:41

New Pro 9.77 Release and Flight Release 7.64 coming soon:

* Switch to Google Maps, although MapsForge is still supported if downloaded. Of course Google doesn't allow third party apps to cache the maps for offline use, so you will have to use the Google Maps app to manage offline maps and for satellite view, then you have to use the Sat view in my app when connected to the internet.

* Change to download a reduced set of MapsForge maps from my website, now MapsForge has discontinued FTP access.

* Thanks to DroidPlanner as a starting point, the Pro MAVLink Parameter dialog now shows a list of parameter names which are editable.

* Switch to Holo theme throughout for Pro.

* various bugs fixes and UI tweaks

MrExtremeBlades
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by MrExtremeBlades » 28 May 2014, 13:52

How do you switch to the Holo theme? it sounds quite interesting, and i've been searching around the settings but cant find it

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 May 2014, 13:58

The Pro app has been built with the Android style set to Holo... it isn't a user setting and it's only for Android 4.x ;)

It just means drop down menus don't have the old buttons amongst other style changes...

KaYteck
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by KaYteck » 28 May 2014, 22:34

How to add new country to map_list.txt or where can i find additional maps?

Thank you

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 29 May 2014, 07:49

You don't have to download a map if you want to use Google maps. You can configure the offline map in their GMaps app. Of course for satellite view you still have to use my app online for the area you want before you connect to the drone.
This is because Google doesn't allow third party app caching.
Due to space constraints I will only host a reduced set of MapsForge maps on my site, so for other regions you will have to download the map manually.
To download from the MapsForge site directly, go here:
http://download.mapsforge.org/
Then rename the map to /sdcard/ARDroneFlight/map/ARDrone.map on your device.

You can also create custom maps as detailed on my website:
http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html#Autonomous

You obviously don’t need to use the MapsForge select menu item under Licensing and Mapping if you download manually... so don't expect a manually downloaded map to appear there.

KaYteck
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by KaYteck » 29 May 2014, 08:23

Thank you. Everything is clear.
I have downloaded map for my region but i thought that you change something in interpretation and i need to reload new one.
I have few technical questions (i tested your app with pro forcefeedback control system) but i'm not sure if should i post here or to create new topic. I'm new on forum so i don' know the rules.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 29 May 2014, 08:26

Separate topic... This is for release information only.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 10 Jul 2014, 09:30

New Pro 9.83 Release coming soon:

* Updated to latest Play Services SDK.

* Added support for L developer preview

* Flight Recorder improvements - MAVLink parameter transmission reliability; default waypoint height; text when MAVLink connection is active; update drone position while flying waypoints, as long as in Wifi range.

* A few changes to map icons, so they respect the scaling and colour settings. Also use a generic icon for the drone, so heading is more obvious.

* Remove TV DPI icons, as they don't meet Google icon guidelines and increase app size. Some devices will have smaller icons / on screen joysticks by default, but just use the scaling to increase them...

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 24 Aug 2014, 16:38

New Pro 9.86 Release coming soon:

* Adds a new option under video and recording to use the system Movies and Pictures folders when recording video/pictures, as an alternative to the /sdcard/ARDroneFlight video and media folders.

* Adds the ability to re-order waypoints and shows the home position. The waypoints are shown with numbers (so 0 is always home). When you tap a waypoint you get an intermediate menu. Edit takes you to the original edit dialog.

* Adds video in MAVLink mode (AKA Planner mode). It uses the latest ffmpeg release to do the decoding, so is not being decoded by the Parrot SDK. This means there is potential for crashes if Parrot sends bad H264 packets... I also changed the full screen check box in the Flight Recorder settings to be a slider, so you can choose the space for video from 0 to 50%. N.B. It appears that when following waypoints the Parrot firmware currently stops sending video.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 20 Oct 2014, 08:43

New Pro 9.94 Release coming soon:

* Planner mode video is now an option in the Flight Recorder settings. which defaults to off.
I have done various changes to make switching between normal and MAVLink video more reliable, but I can't say it's fixed as the crashes seem random, so probably timing related.

* It appears from a number of support requests, that only developers know that the way to exit an Android app is via the Back button.
Home only puts an app into the background... well not for my app as the Parrot SDK doesn't survive this, so it exits.
I have now introduced a new UI setting which defaults to off (Home = app exit). If you are accidentally hitting the Home key when flying ,you can set this option on to get a re-start so you only get a minor interruption when flying.

* The new Debugging settings entry allows the full app logcat to be saved to the logs folder.
It can also download the syslog from the drone.

These are just for debugging when someone has an issue, as they are almost impossible to solve without these two logs....
Don't turn on the logcat logging unless I ask you too as it will impact speed and grows quickly :)

* Adds Google Cardboard support: https://cardboard.withgoogle.com/ (It can only be turned on and off via NFC tag).

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 28 Apr 2015, 08:04

New Pro 10.5 Release coming soon:

* Adds Bebop support.
Bebop isn't auto detected, so use the checkbox under the Drone Information settings. Exit and re-start the app after changing the setting.
I haven't tested with the SkyController, so unless the Parrot SDK automatically supports this, it is unlikely to work.
I have to say that Parrot's BeBop SDK hits a new low in developer support with pathetic documentation, so don't expect too much.
For example I think I have waypoint support if they ever update the firmware to include this, but the documentation is so bad, I really don't know.

* Improved Cardboard control with gamepad mappings for IPD and toggling Cardboard mode.
Inter Pupil Distance is via a gamepad button, and isn't persisted unless you go into settings and save after changing with the gamepad.
Yaw head tracking has also been removed, so a gamepad is now required when in Cardboard mode.
Aspect ratio is also no longer stretched in Cardboard mode.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 06 Dec 2015, 11:46

v11.01 Coming soon:

* Improved Cardboard including side-side mode.

* Added DronePro CoPilot VR head tracking.

* Lollipop and newer devices now have hardware h264 decoding.

* CoPilot bluetooth. Allowing another FlightPro app to act as a copilot through a bluetooth link.

* Added improved Cardboard VR support with better device scaling, side-side and VR headtracking.

* Latest BeBop SDK. Rom 2.x video works plus Gimbal pan/tilt control with centering.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 08 Feb 2016, 10:48

v11.11 release should be live on Play Store and soon on Amazon:
* Bug fixes to gamepad control so DPad gyro controls can be used with analogue joystick
* Updated Bebop SDK to include Bebop 2 and gyro calibration.
* Cardboard mode enhancements including improved Gyro control, VR video modes and calibration UI with settings menu re-organised.
* Bug fixes