I have been trying out the Android app ARdrone flight pro with my AR 2.0 thought I would give some results that I have f

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General Android discussions.
ar202018
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I have been trying out the Android app ARdrone flight pro with my AR 2.0 thought I would give some results that I have f

Post by ar202018 » 20 Jan 2019, 15:40

I have been trying out the Android app ARdrone flight pro with my AR 2.0 thought I would give some results that I have found.
I have tried it with my original Google pixel phone and my Samsung Galaxy s6 active.

Ardrone flight pro works when connected to ar2.0 drone Wi-Fi and wired USB otg adapter connected to a Logitech f310 controller on Google pixel phone. I also tried the Google pixel phone with what turned out to be a clone PS3 controller "Shanwan" wired to a OTG adapter which did not work and I also tried it with the parrot flypad wired which would not work.

The flypad controller would initially work but after 30 seconds to a minute it would stop responding and be no movement on the screen of the controller.

The Samsung Galaxy s6 active however would only work wired with OTG to the clone PS3 controller and I also found I had to push the PlayStation button to start it up or it would not respond. I tried the Logitech f310 controller and also the flypad with the Samsung s6 but neither of these would work.

I also had a hard time getting the video and picture function to work and below what I found out.

Used plastic cruiser 32GB USB drive. to get USB drive recognized you have to plug battery in and let drone startup first and then plug drive in each time you want to use it. The lights on the drone will flash for a little bit and then turn solid green again. You should then see the time remaining on the disc show up on the screen if you have the on-screen display turned on for USB time remaining. Only video is recorded to USB drive pictures do not seem to be recorded to the drive. Recordings and pictures will not show up in the Google photos album you have to use a file app to locate them. When using with Google pixel phone the camera icon does not change when you push it and it does not make any sound but did record pictures to the phone in a different location than the gallery app.

I find it disheartening that two phones work completely differently with different controllers all I can think is maybe it has something to do with the version of Android they are running or maybe something else who knows.