WiFi Connection Problems

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General Android discussions.
Train Tracker
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

WiFi Connection Problems

Post by Train Tracker » 26 Jul 2014, 17:57

I recently purchased my second drone on ebay. Once it arrived I tried to connect to its WiFi but my Samsung S4 will not connect. It spends about 30 seconds trying to obtain the IP address then gives me the following error message "network disabled because internet connection is slow" My phone has no problem connecting to any other network. The battery is fully charged. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the AR. FreeFlight app several times. Any fixes or help would be appreciated.

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Re: WiFi Connection Problems

Post by DBS » 27 Jul 2014, 02:16

That is a setting in your S4

Go I to your wifi tab... Click menu soft key... Click advanced... make sure "auto network switch" is NOT checked

Done

Samsung put a feature in their phones that detects "Internet connectivity"... and since the AR Drone does not connect to the Internet the S4 assumes something is wrong and switches you back to another available network that DOES have Internet access.

Another common practice is to click on your home network and click "forget"... so if you are losing signal from the drone due to flying out too far, your S4 won't connect to the home wifi automatically just because it is a stronger signal.
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

roundbox
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: WiFi Connection Problems

Post by roundbox » 01 Aug 2014, 18:48

I have the same issue with my new Galaxy S5. I put it into "airplane mode" which shuts everything down, and manually start up WiFi. Auto Network switch is OFF. I get the message "network disabled because internet connection is slow" as well. It just lists it in the menu as "Failed to obtain IP". I try to forget it and start fresh with the same results.

Hoping to find a solution for this!