Control your AR Drone with Playstation 3 gamepad over WiFi

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General Android discussions.
dougducko
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Control your AR Drone with Playstation 3 gamepad over Wi

Post by dougducko » 28 Feb 2013, 18:56

Everything is working fine for the phone just extremely windy in Florida right now I'm going to try using the PC my ps3 controller will not work through USB for some reason it is recognized it just will not let me configure, so I'm going to try a bluetooth dongle I am using auto flightdev61-win it's strange it lets me go through like I'm configuring the controller but never configures the bluetooth works

AKCobra
Charged up again

Post by AKCobra » 07 Mar 2013, 13:31

One problem with this is the pitch control seems to me full on or full off with a ARDF. Other than that it works great, but having a lurch forward every time you hit the pitch control is kind of a pain. Has anybody using six access with ARDF noticed this? Or is this just a problem with OTG?

BTW, iOS users can do pretty much the same thing with a 60 beat controller and Drone Ace, I think they cost about $40.

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 07 Mar 2013, 13:36

The update yesterday deals with the pitch control sensitivity issue... Judging by 3nslav3's video... Shawn nailed it!!!

The 60 beat iOS solution has that problem real bad
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 07 Mar 2013, 13:39

weird man, should be fully proportional

how do you connect it? otg or sixaxis? , what joystick/ sensitivity/ deadzone do you use?

Fozza
Thinking of bearings

Post by Fozza » 07 Mar 2013, 14:39

Imported the note 2 version to the UK and oh my god its awesome!

Flying the drone using the ps3 controller is so much fun!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rko7a0t2incb61/Gamklip.wmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 07 Mar 2013, 15:18

for the people with a PS3 gamepad:

DO NOT USE TOUCH EMULATION IN THE SIXAXIS APP! the first post in this thread is totally outdated and ARDFPRO has been greatly improved so there is no need for this input delay adding cr*p with zero precision

just enable native android gamepad in the sixaxis app when connecting trough bluetooth and do the mappings in ARDFPRO

and when you device supports it: use an USB OTG cable instead of bluetooth without the sixaxis app ;) => the least interference and even better input performence

phontek642
Battery Charged

Post by phontek642 » 12 Mar 2013, 02:45

Just ordered the game clip and hoping the wired solution works for the Motorola Razr Maxx

i am having an issue now with the six access controller app or the ARDF pro app.

one of them is causing the PS3 remote to stop working during a flight.

i just uninstalled/reinstalled the ARDF Pro app going to see if that does the trick... tomorrow.

in the basement after a few more tweaks... some boca bearings and new shafts/gears/pinions/and props.

had a little crash yesterday... tree+drone+12feet altitude=OUCH my wallet hurts.

Thanks

Matt

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 12 Mar 2013, 10:45

DO NOT use the sixaxis app when using a cable

the sixaxis app is only good for touch emulation or using the ps3 controller over bluetooth

alexhidrobo
Up and hovering

Post by alexhidrobo » 12 Mar 2013, 13:52

phontek642 wrote:Just ordered the game clip and hoping the wired solution works for the Motorola Razr Maxx

i am having an issue now with the six access controller app or the ARDF pro app.

i just uninstalled/reinstalled the ARDF Pro app going to see if that does the trick... tomorrow.

in the basement after a few more tweaks... some boca bearings and new shafts/gears/pinions/and props.

had a little crash yesterday... tree+drone+12feet altitude=OUCH my wallet hurts.

Thanks

Matt
Please some videos

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L usando Tapatalk 2

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 12 Mar 2013, 22:12

Zplif
Newcomer

Post by Zplif » 20 Mar 2013, 23:18

I got a samsung galaxy tab 2, whit ps3 controller working fine in the OS but not in the freeflight app...
Any one have a tip for how i can fix that? I have tryed the tusch profile but it didnt help...

DickRody
Battery Charged

Post by DickRody » 26 Mar 2013, 01:11

3nslav3 wrote:for the people with a PS3 gamepad:

DO NOT USE TOUCH EMULATION IN THE SIXAXIS APP! the first post in this thread is totally outdated and ARDFPRO has been greatly improved so there is no need for this input delay adding cr*p with zero precision

just enable native android gamepad in the sixaxis app when connecting trough bluetooth and do the mappings in ARDFPRO

and when you device supports it: use an USB OTG cable instead of bluetooth without the sixaxis app ;) => the least interference and even better input performence

Does anyone know if the Droid Razr Maxx Verizon OS 4.1.2 supports OTG? :?:
I really don't wanna use Bluetooth. :( cant unlock voids my warranty!

DickRody
Battery Charged

Post by DickRody » 03 Apr 2013, 00:13

phontek642 wrote:Just ordered the game clip and hoping the wired solution works for the Motorola Razr Maxx

Thanks

Matt

I am having the same issue with PS3 remote stop working thru Bluetooth i tried the cable solution that didn't work . I have Razr MaXX and using ARDF Pro an sixaxis app.
sometimes if i hit the sp3 turn on button it will reconnect for awhile then disconnect again.

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 13 Apr 2013, 06:41

I just ordered my gameklip and Ps3 controller tonight. So excited, now that I'm rooted I don't have to go the OTG route (though I may if it makes things run smoother). Now hopefully my other drone problems will work themselves out.
I've noticed that if I used the "set CPU" app and make a profile in it to Overclock CPU to 1.8 ghz only when ADFP is running, the video is soo much smoother for me. The only problem is battery drain. I'll try undervolting too and see how that works. It used to be super choppy all the time on the phone display but smooth on the recordings. Now it's good all the time. This custom ROM/Kernel combo is amazing.
Time for some amateur FPV finally.

sent from my Galaxy S3 on Jelly beans ROM build14 via tapatalk 2

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 17 Apr 2013, 20:54

So I got my ps3 controller and gameklip. I have been unable to get it to work over blutooth or with the OTG cable. I tried pairing my controller with my phone via sixaxis pair tool. I punched in the new Master device as my phone blutooth address and everything. Still doesn't work. The lights o my controller all just stay lit when I plug it in now. They don't flash when charging or anything. Failing that i tried using the OTG cable and it doesn't work either. As I said before all four lights just stay lit. What the hell is going on here?

sent from my Galaxy S3 on beans 14 via tapatalk 2