Control your AR Drone with Playstation 3 gamepad over WiFi

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General Android discussions.
DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Re: Control your AR Drone with Playstation 3 gamepad over Wi

Post by DBS » 17 Apr 2013, 22:13

Sounds like a frozen controller... Check here

http://www.ehow.com/how_8113606_fix-fro ... oller.html
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Nicholi2789 » 17 Apr 2013, 23:14

Nevermind, I figured it out. I guess I messed up the mast blutooth device on the controller. I didn't let it and my phone fully pair before unplugging the USA cable from my computer. I traded it in for another ps3 controller and now the OTG cable works. Now I just have to successfully do the blutooth pairing. Anybody know where I can get dualshock 3 drivers for windows?
sent from my Galaxy S3 on beans 14 via tapatalk 2

Dronecrasher
Spying is fun
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Dronecrasher » 18 Apr 2013, 00:25

Nicholi2789

i'm am using a nexus 7 with the sixaxes app

when I want to connect
my Bluetooth is turned off I just bring up the sixaxes app
push start and it automatically connects to my Bluetooth
and if I check my blutooth connection in my settings it says its
turned off at no time does it say my Bluetooth is on even when flying

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 18 Apr 2013, 02:03

Thanks for the advice. I got it all working now. It actually is smoother using the blutooth connection than the OTG cable surprisingly. When i have the OTG cable plugged in it charges the controller too so it has double the battery drain. It works perfectly smooth with the blue tooth. Flying the drone with the controller is like a whole different experience. So much more fun. I can't believe I didn't do this ages ago. I love being able to toggle hover lock on and off as well. Flys way better with it off.

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 18 Apr 2013, 09:15

sixaxis loads up its own bluetooth driver and overrides the OS, that is why you might think that bluetooth is off

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 18 Apr 2013, 21:04

It's working fine now. Bluetooth is just a way better option and (unbelievable) doesn't drain so much battery

DickRody
Battery Charged

Post by DickRody » 27 Apr 2013, 01:54

this is my set up i like the OTG over Bluetooth if you charge your ps3 controller before you fly it wont drain your battery so much
plus using a wifi extender i get about twice the range 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 27 Apr 2013, 09:04

Even with the Ps3 controller fully charged, the battery drain is intolerable for me. If i fly two batteries in a row with the OTG cable setup and my screen brightness on 15 percent my battery will go from full to 50 percent in twenty minutes. Whereas if I'm using blutooth it only drains down to about 75%. It just works better for me, and no cables.

Tom Smith
Newcomer

Post by Tom Smith » 30 Apr 2013, 21:20

I just set this up - what a difference! I need to set my dead zones, or learn some subtlety on my sticks, cause the responsiveness is unbelievable!

Ah, this is so much fun :)

Tom

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 08 May 2013, 21:32

Tom Smith wrote:I just set this up - what a difference! I need to set my dead zones, or learn some subtlety on my sticks, cause the responsiveness is unbelievable!

Ah, this is so much fun :)

Tom
It does take a while to figure out the ideal settings on the controller. I use sensitivity at 90 and dead zones at 40. It's perfect. Responsive but not too much.Yesterday after using the controller for a few weeks I tried using just the phone k free flight just to try the new academy, i must say, I could barely fly with it. Ps3 controllers are the way it should be on these.

Sent from my MOAR'D Galaxy S3 via tapatalk 2

badbrad97
Newcomer

Post by badbrad97 » 08 Apr 2014, 14:47

Is there a solution for the bluetooth connected PS3 controller dropping during flight on the Razr Maxx? I have seen a few posts but no real solutions.

I am using a rooted Razr Max 4.1.2 using Sixaxis connected Bluetooth to a PS3 controller.
The controller will stay connected for an hour with no drops. (when not flying)
I can fly my Ar Drone using FreeFlight or ARDrone flight without any drops.
If I try to fly using the PS3 controller, Freeflight loses connection to the Drone after about 3 minutes and the PS3 controller actually turns off.

Should I try the OTG cable?

I am getting a Galaxy S5 in a couple weeks when they ship and I was hoping to use te Razr Maxx for AR Drone flights.

pixxelpusher
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by pixxelpusher » 09 Apr 2014, 15:20

Flying with a game controller is so much better. It is now also working again with iOS devices, have put a topic here: http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=7777

badbrad97
Newcomer

Post by badbrad97 » 15 Apr 2014, 05:59

So I guess there is no solution to the Razr Maxx using Bluetooth to PS3. Seems like everyone is getting the same interference and dropped WiFi that I seem to be getting with the Sixaxis App. I have tried the OTG cable too and it seems that the Razr Maxx does not put 5 volts out of the micro USB jack (the real purpose of an OTG cable) I have been experimenting and trying to get a powered hub to work and made a little progress there, but I am still unable to get the Razr to see the PS3 controller (wired).

Does anyone know if there is a setting in the Android OS that I need to be checking or if there is another app to install?

IamDirtyDave
Newcomer

Re: Control your AR AR.Drone with Playstation 3 gamepad over

Post by IamDirtyDave » 17 Oct 2014, 07:12

Hey Ya"ll,

Looks like a great group of folks here. I just got a working used ArDrone 2.0(make that 2 I got a damaged one for cheap on E-bay and fixed it).
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. What all do I need to get to use a PS3 controller. I never played with a PlayStation so I don't know anything about their peripherals. Up till my wife got me this new phone, the only thing my cell phone did was make calls...just calls. I think what throws me is the use of acronyms. What does OTG mean? How do I use it?
Thank you all for your time. May your flights be long, the winds light and your landings soft.

Old enough to know better
But :roll:
Too young to resist!!!

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Re: Control your AR AR.Drone with Playstation 3 gamepad over

Post by DBS » 17 Oct 2014, 11:37

OTG means "On The Go" cable... it's basically just a usb cable that's wired a bit different to trigger your S4 into "Host" mode.

Normally when you plug your S4 into a computer it shows up as a device or a drive... and the computer is the host.

When you use the PS3 controller you want the S4 to be the host and the controller to be the device...

The OTG cable does that for you :ugeek:
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE