New Parrot AR.Drone flying app (using hardware controllers/g

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General Android discussions.
Tomas
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

New Parrot AR.Drone flying app (using hardware controllers/g

Post by Tomas » 29 Aug 2015, 10:14

Commercial spam incoming! :)
Drone Control Center for Android is released!!!1Einz!

I just released a new Parrot AR.Drone flying app for Android! It's called Drone Control Center and allows you to smoothly fly the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 with a standard controller like a Playstation, Xbox or Mad Catz Controller.

It connects to your drone's wifi without requiring the struggle of going through Android's Wifi connection screens. And no need to root your Android device either.

No video; just for having fun flying!

Available on Google Play (free version; limited to 5m altitude)

There is a feedback feature in the app. If you have any comments, please use that. Or discuss it here :)

Cheers!

-Tomas / CAN.DO

Mazllus
Ready for take off

Re: New Parrot AR.Drone flying app (using hardware controllers/g

Post by Mazllus » 11 Apr 2017, 12:54

the app cant conect with wifi drone

Tomas
Battery Charged

Post by Tomas » 28 Apr 2017, 07:37

Mazllus wrote:
11 Apr 2017, 12:54
the app cant conect with wifi drone
Could you please explain what's happening? Which drone are you using?

Phathilly
Newcomer

Post by Phathilly » 06 May 2017, 19:03

I just bought Drone control Center... it will not connect to my Ar 2.0.... my phone shows im connected to my drone but in app I keep getting we're really sorry message.... I've restarted my phone (tried it on my note 3 and note 5) restarted/reset the drone disconnected/ reconnected to wifi no luck.... now the app crashes everytime I try to connect...... was really looking forward to finding something that would allow me to use a bluetooth controller..... disappointed..... oh well at least it was only $1

Tomas
Battery Charged

Post by Tomas » 07 May 2017, 10:58

Phathilly wrote:
06 May 2017, 19:03
I just bought Drone control Center... it will not connect to my Ar 2.0.... my phone shows im connected to my drone but in app I keep getting we're really sorry message.... I've restarted my phone (tried it on my note 3 and note 5) restarted/reset the drone disconnected/ reconnected to wifi no luck.... now the app crashes everytime I try to connect...... was really looking forward to finding something that would allow me to use a bluetooth controller..... disappointed..... oh well at least it was only $1
Hi Phathilly,

Sorry to hear it's not working. Let's see if we can get this to work anyway and make it worth the $1.

Are you connecting to your drone's wifi manually (as you would with the Parrot app)? One of the cool things (at least I think it is cool) is that Drone Control Center does the connecting for you. If you're not connected to the drone via wifi, DCC will check the wifi networks and that's how it presents you with a list of drones to connect to. It then attempts to connect to its wifi and to the drone itself. Because letting the app connect for you is the recommended way of use, the app hasn't been tested well if the app's already connected. It should work, but it's not the way we always test.

So if you could try to connect to it using the app, I'd love to hear if it works better.

PS: Thanks for sending the email too. It's nice to see people taking time to say what's wrong rather than just stating "doesn't work" or "dumb". Thanks for that! :)

Phathilly
Newcomer

Post by Phathilly » 07 May 2017, 12:26

thanks for your reply! I did actually try it both ways..(connected to the drone before I launched the app and then connecting through the app...) when I try to connect through the app I get a confirmation banner pop up on my phone telling me Im connected but in app it still says that it fails to connect..... Ive alao tried connecting to the drone in app before connecting to my Bluetooth controller but still no luck......I think today I'll try turning off my router to see if maybe my home wifi was interfering somehow. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.. Im not giving up juat yet as so far this is the only app I've found that seems like it should work with a bluetooth controller (I don't have a wired controller to use an OTG cable with other apps so I really want this to work)..... I'll test in a few more environments over the next couple of days and report back.

Thanks again!

Phathilly
Newcomer

Post by Phathilly » 07 May 2017, 18:12

Ok so I have no idea what I did (unplugging my router for my home wifi had no impact) but I did finally get it to connect on my Galaxy Note 3. I made sure the drone was not connected to my phone... launched the app connected to the drone successfully, then paired my bluetooth controller (I'm using my Xbox one S controller) I set up the controls and launched my drone and was able to fly it around I'm very happy! On my way to the google play store to leave a rating and positive review!

Its already worth my $1 lol....

Thanks again!

Tomas
Battery Charged

Post by Tomas » 08 May 2017, 20:39

Phathilly wrote:
07 May 2017, 18:12
Ok so I have no idea what I did (unplugging my router for my home wifi had no impact) but I did finally get it to connect on my Galaxy Note 3. I made sure the drone was not connected to my phone... launched the app connected to the drone successfully, then paired my bluetooth controller (I'm using my Xbox one S controller) I set up the controls and launched my drone and was able to fly it around I'm very happy! On my way to the google play store to leave a rating and positive review!

Its already worth my $1 lol....

Thanks again!
Okay great! Thank you so much for the feedback! Glad to hear there are still people enjoying the app.

To be frank, the app can definitely use some work here-and-there in guiding the user in the process of connecting. Unfortunately the project's on the backburner for a while. It might need some upgrading soon though :)

Thanks again!

brunolopes446
Newcomer

Post by brunolopes446 » 30 May 2017, 23:00

Hi.

Thank you for your app.
Can you please make it compatible with Android 7.0?
I guess there is something messing with the android permissions.

I'm really looking forward to use your app.

Tomas
Battery Charged

Post by Tomas » 11 Jun 2017, 19:06

brunolopes446 wrote:
30 May 2017, 23:00
Hi.

Thank you for your app.
Can you please make it compatible with Android 7.0?
I guess there is something messing with the android permissions.

I'm really looking forward to use your app.
Hi! Sorry to hear you're having issues with it on Android 7.0. We'll look into it soon.

Could you explain what's happening on your device? Why is it not working? That information will make it easier for us to find out what's going on. Thanks!

alex69
Newcomer

Post by alex69 » 06 Sep 2017, 10:13

Tomas wrote:
29 Aug 2015, 10:14
Commercial spam incoming! :)
Drone Control Center for Android is released!!!1Einz!

I just released a new Parrot AR.Drone flying app for Android! It's called Drone Control Center and allows you to smoothly fly the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 with a standard controller like a Playstation, Xbox or Mad Catz Controller.

It connects to your drone's wifi without requiring the struggle of going through Android's Wifi connection screens. And no need to root your Android device either.

No video; just for having fun flying!

Available on Google Play (free version; limited to 5m altitude)

There is a feedback feature in the app. If you have any comments, please use that. Or discuss it here :)

Cheers!

-Tomas / CAN.DO
Tomas, your app is great!!!
With video recording would be perfect; are you working on it?
Thank you

DevilsReject78
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by DevilsReject78 » 08 Sep 2017, 23:58

Does it support parrots flypad?

DevilsReject78
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by DevilsReject78 » 10 Sep 2017, 03:41

I still can't connect to drone. Im using s7 edge n then app crashes, this app still getting updates n working0

Tomas
Battery Charged

Post by Tomas » 15 Sep 2017, 15:27

alex69 wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 10:13
Tomas, your app is great!!!
With video recording would be perfect; are you working on it?
Thank you
Hi Alex! Thanks for the kind words (don't forget to review on Google Play, I could use some positive feedback there).

The project is really on the back burner for now. I just became a father and together with other projects, I don't see a new update on the drone side any time soon (maybe next year).
Video is extremely high on my priority list, but Parrot has made it nearly impossible to support Video if you don't use their software (which I don't; it's all written by myself). If there is an update coming; it's going to be Video (and UI/UX updates).

Tomas
Battery Charged

Post by Tomas » 15 Sep 2017, 15:30

DevilsReject78 wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 03:41
I still can't connect to drone. Im using s7 edge n then app crashes, this app still getting updates n working0
Sorry to hear it's crashing on the s7 edge. Does the app crash during startup or during flight?
To be honest, that seems to happen on the s7 a lot and I haven't quite figured out why. The project is not very active so an update might take quite a while (perhaps somewhere early next year).

As for the Flypad question, judging from the specs of the flypad, it could work. I don't know exactly as I don't have one to test it with.