How to override the max altitude setting

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch discussions.
AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

How to override the max altitude setting

Post by AR.Tommy » 02 Sep 2014, 07:59

I'm sure I posted this before but I could not find it, so this is a decent thread for this trick.

In AR.Freeflight there is a maximum allowed altitude of 100m which should be adequate for the most users. Drone Control uses a maximum altitude of 200m "out of the box" and this should be enough.

But since there are some users with very special setups and knowing what to do I put in something to override this limit setting the max altitude to 1000m. And I personally consider this as theoretical value, not encouraging one to try going that far in the sky.

So much for the disclaimer this is how it works:

1..Open the telnet shell (tools/firmware --> Telnet) in Drone Control (this is an easter egg, it has nothing to do with telnet and does not work with other telnet clients)

2..Type allow max altitude to activate and disallow max altitude to deactivate it, like in the screenshot. Then press enter. An alert box will confirm the max altitude change.
altitude-easter-egg.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

BananaFlyer
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: How to override the max altitude setting

Post by BananaFlyer » 06 Sep 2014, 21:44

Umm I followed this process and I can't seem to get my drone higher than 3 meters can you help please?

AR.Tommy
Charged up again

Post by AR.Tommy » 08 Sep 2014, 19:13

BananaFlyer, after changing the max altitude you have to set the allowed altitude in the inflight settings. Changing the max altitude limit does not change your limit setting.

707DroneCo
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by 707DroneCo » 08 Mar 2017, 21:56

How about for us Android users? Thanks.

Donkelley
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Donkelley » 25 Jun 2017, 06:42

What he's proposing isn't "not" Android, its editing the drone itself. Then whatever device on what ever platform should be able to reach that new value, presumably.

Note.... My first post here... Hope it's helpful lol

Cheers
Don.... Recent ard2 noob thanks to rebuilding two broken drones into one working one.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again

Post by AR.Tommy » 25 Jun 2017, 10:37

No this was more like an easter egg of the app. There is no command like "allow max altitude" in the linux shell. It only worked in this app. And what it did was overwriting the maximum altitude with some really high value.