iOS 8, none of the apps work!

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch discussions.
instanttim
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

iOS 8, none of the apps work!

Post by instanttim » 24 Oct 2014, 05:34

I'm running iOS 8.x and not a single one of the parrot apps will open without crashing. Oh wait... one will, FreeFlight 3. But I have an AR.Drone v2, which FreeFlight 3 doesn't work with (really?)

So anyway, having updated ALL my iOS devices, I rolled the dice and bought Drone Control. That app actually works, although it repeatedly tells me that it's not connected to Wi-Fi, and when it is the HUD reports extremely low signal like 2% or 3%. The video signal fails entirely, i get a red message saying there's no video, or i get one frame/image every minute or two.

I had recently crashed it lightly. More of a rough landing let's call it... before updating to iOS 8 i was using FreeFlight and the drone just went AWAL and dived into a grassy hillside. Honestly, I haven't had a successful, satisfying flight yet. It's never felt like it was entirely under my control and has a bit of a mind of it's own.

Anyway, mostly I want to know what's up with the lack of signal and if there's a way to get the apps to properly work on iOS 8!

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: iOS 8, none of the apps work!

Post by AR.Tommy » 24 Oct 2014, 17:15

Hello,

for the laggish video feed and the alerts there is a workaround: first activating flight mode, then activating wifi and connect to the AR.AR.Drone wifi does the trick most of the time. The video feed is nice and smooth, again.

For the wifi gauge there is no workaround at the moment but I'm still digging into it. But is very likely that without a new SDK from Parrot this is not fixable because this information is coming from the AR.Drone. As far as I can say from my tests: the real wifi range is not effected by this. I'm forced to remove the wifi gauge for iOS 8 if I can not find a fix.

For more informations on this issue please see: http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=8105
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Losinumber1fan
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Losinumber1fan » 12 Dec 2014, 19:37

I've noticed the problems with my Moga contoller and the iOS update. After updating I can't use the moga controller and the drone control app. I hope it gets straight soon. My thanks to you all as I don't have a clue how to fix it. I'm just learning to fly after years of RC truggies and buggies.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 13 Dec 2014, 10:54

Hello,

the Moga gamepad should still work fine, what exactly does happen / is the problem / appear on screen?
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.