No apple update?

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch discussions.
canucks
Just flips over
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

No apple update?

Post by canucks » 08 Dec 2012, 06:13

Ok i havent seen an apple update in a couple of weeks. The android support is even worse. What kind of a developing team do you have, parrot? When can we expect the next update?

Maxwell1472
Spying is fun

Re: No apple update?

Post by Maxwell1472 » 08 Dec 2012, 13:19

Depends if folk just post their concerns and problems regarding the latest firmware on 3rd party forums such as this that are not necessarily monitored by Parrot or the official forums where the manufacturer actually gets to see them...

canucks
Just flips over

Post by canucks » 08 Dec 2012, 17:45

So ill try to put a post on the official forum and see if they reply(the mods)

kadrra
Ready for take off

Post by kadrra » 02 Apr 2013, 19:44

here is the reason why . i got this from one of my groups. and it has been confurmed

More bad news today for AR Drone 2.0 pilots.

Two weeks ago I sent out an email to let everyone know that Apple had deleted the Parrot FreeFlight app from its App Store, possibly due to an AR Drone 2.0 flying around JFK Airport in New York a few weeks back. Parrot has remained tight-lipped as to the cause of their app being deleted, and they are working to bring it back--possibly altered in some way to appease Apple--but that day is TBD at present. In my email I recommended if you have Apple product, use the Drone Ace app instead, it's better anyway as it allows for sound recording, use of the 60beat controller, and more.

On to today's news. I was informed this morning that Apple has deleted Drone Ace from the app store as well. Drone Ace was created not by Parrot but by an individual, so its return to i-devices is a big question mark, in comparison to Parrot who has the resources to fight for their app. If you still have the FreeFlight or Drone Ace apps, they're still working fine. But do NOT delete them, and do not lose your phone, as you will not be getting those apps back. If these apps do make a comeback, it's very likely they will be altered.

And more bad news, Central Crosses are still in shortage due to underproduction and are closer to $50 rather than $30, where they have been priced until recently. So protect your Central Cross or be prepared to shell out some dollars to replace it.

pbody2013
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by pbody2013 » 02 Apr 2013, 19:57

kadrra wrote:here is the reason why . i got this from one of my groups. and it has been confurmed

More bad news today for AR Drone 2.0 pilots.

Two weeks ago I sent out an email to let everyone know that Apple had deleted the Parrot FreeFlight app from its App Store, possibly due to an AR Drone 2.0 flying around JFK Airport in New York a few weeks back. Parrot has remained tight-lipped as to the cause of their app being deleted, and they are working to bring it back--possibly altered in some way to appease Apple--but that day is TBD at present. In my email I recommended if you have Apple product, use the Drone Ace app instead, it's better anyway as it allows for sound recording, use of the 60beat controller, and more.

On to today's news. I was informed this morning that Apple has deleted Drone Ace from the app store as well. Drone Ace was created not by Parrot but by an individual, so its return to i-devices is a big question mark, in comparison to Parrot who has the resources to fight for their app. If you still have the FreeFlight or Drone Ace apps, they're still working fine. But do NOT delete them, and do not lose your phone, as you will not be getting those apps back. If these apps do make a comeback, it's very likely they will be altered.

And more bad news, Central Crosses are still in shortage due to underproduction and are closer to $50 rather than $30, where they have been priced until recently. So protect your Central Cross or be prepared to shell out some dollars to replace it.
The few apps remaining for the Drone are Parrot apps or a few others that I'm not aware of anyone using. It's looking like there's a patent issue with the accelerometer/absolute control.. There's a new update to AR Rescue 2 and both of these features were deleted.
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"

kadrra
Ready for take off

Post by kadrra » 03 Apr 2013, 15:54

turns out the issue is money. In short FreeFlight uses Apple's technology, the tilt function, and since FF is free Apple doesn't get a cut. They want money and Parrot doesn't want to pay up, so Parrot is working to re-release FF with tilt functions disabled. Parrot just re-released FF for AR Drone 1.0 only, with tilt removed and joystick mode as the only method of flight. The assumption is FF 2.0 is close behind. Drone Ace is still a question mark at this point. So again, if you have FreeFlight or Drone Ace still, hold onto them and don't lose your phone. And WATCH OUT for firmware upgrades