Linux (Ubuntu) SDK Example Walkthrough.

Parrot SDK, Linux SDK, Java, PC, Mac, scripts for Parrot drones... etc.
KingRichard
Newcomer

Re: Linux (Ubuntu) SDK Example Walkthrough.

Post by KingRichard » 26 Nov 2010, 16:48

Hemm.. on part 5 after I make Navigation...
I dont seems to see the last directory exist..

Where is the build code?

Any idea?

LOST...

NuttyProfessor
Ready for take off

Post by NuttyProfessor » 10 Dec 2010, 20:32

Did you solve this problem, KingRichard?

I'm happy to report that i just compiled and ran an SDK-based app (http://www.cs.wlu.edu/~levy/software/ardrone_autopylot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on a 64-bit Linux machine. May have been possible to use 64-bit all along; I'm not sure.

fpv-drone
Ready for take off

Post by fpv-drone » 19 Dec 2010, 00:14

Thank you all for the detailed steps and additional hints in this thread.

I've managed to generate and run "ardrone_navigation" on two Ubuntu machines, but I am unable to get the wireless connection to work.

Machine #1:
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 t3
2 GB RAM
Ubuntu 10.10 with latest updates

Machine #2
ASUS G51VX
4 GB RAM
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (64-bit) with latest updates

My iPhone 4 is able to connect to the ar.drone.

On both machines, I allowed Ubuntu to find the ar.drone WiFi signal, and I selected it from the list of available connections.

After about 30 seconds of trying to establish the connection (the WiFi icon in Ubuntu's system tray cycles through an animation during this time), it reports that the access point was disconnected. The ar.drone's LEDs are green during this process.

To try something different, I entered the following settings in the WiFi configuration for the ar.drone connection in Ubuntu:

Click IPv4 Settings and change method to Manual then click Add:
Address - 192.168.1.2
Netmask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1

With the above settings, the wireless connection in Ubuntu reports that it successfully connected to the ar.drone access point, but when I run "ardrone_navigation" it always says "Not Connected" in the row that starts with "Start button".

I've tried to get the connection to work for the past week, one machine at a time, after reboots, with no other network connections active, etc.

Any help or hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

headinthetrees
Ready for take off

Post by headinthetrees » 24 Dec 2010, 14:59

nogero wrote:I got the ardrone_navigation example to compile and run perfectly following the guide in this post. It is great using a joystick, far better than my iPhone IMHO. I buzzed indoors today and tomorrow I'll take it out for a fly. I know I still have a lot of code reading to understand how it all works, but is there an easy way to record the video on my Ubuntu 10.04 laptop? I got the video up using the "Vision Image" checkbox, but it didn't appear obvious how to record unless that is what "raw capture" does.
check out ffmpeg.

techcapsule
Ready for take off

Post by techcapsule » 26 Dec 2010, 04:17

KingRichard wrote:Hemm.. on part 5 after I make Navigation...
I dont seems to see the last directory exist..

Where is the build code?

Any idea?

LOST...
I seem to be having the same issue. The final Directory is missing for me in Ubuntu... any guesses?

fpv-drone
Ready for take off

Post by fpv-drone » 27 Dec 2010, 00:38

Step #5

I found the application, "ardrone_navigation", in ...

/Examples/Linux/Build/Release/

jonny360
Ready for take off

Post by jonny360 » 01 Jan 2011, 03:45

does anyone else have major issues with gamepad/controller connectivity?

I'm using ubuntu 10.10 with parallels 6. I have complied everything and drone navigation works fine. It always connects and i get pitch and roll stats straight away. But wether my ps3 controller is recognized is completely hit and miss it seems. Occasionally it will connect and let me fly around a bit. Then when i land it won't let me takeoff again, it only allows switching between CTRL DEFAULT (select on the pad) and CTRL LAND (start). Pressing start has no affect.

Sometimes while flying it will suddenly land and display CTRL DEFAULT and the controller will have no effect on anything. Other times i simply start navigation and am unable to get off of CTRL DEFAULT as though the controller isn't recongized.

I am using a six axis ps3 controller over usb. Always making sure that it is set to be used by unbunto from the parallels device menu.

Any thoughts?

fpv-drone
Ready for take off

Post by fpv-drone » 03 Jan 2011, 23:53

I finally got my netbook with Ubuntu 10.10 to connect to the AR.Drone.

After pressing the Reset and Unpair buttons on the bottom of the AR.Drone, I am now able to get connected.

I too noticed after a few tests, the PS3 controller does not always get detected by Ubuntu. This is indicated by the fact that the four LEDs on the front of the gamepad do not flash. I'll see if I can determine why.
fpv-drone wrote:Thank you all for the detailed steps and additional hints in this thread.

I've managed to generate and run "ardrone_navigation" on two Ubuntu machines, but I am unable to get the wireless connection to work.

Machine #1:
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 t3
2 GB RAM
Ubuntu 10.10 with latest updates

Machine #2
ASUS G51VX
4 GB RAM
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (64-bit) with latest updates

My iPhone 4 is able to connect to the ar.drone.

On both machines, I allowed Ubuntu to find the ar.drone WiFi signal, and I selected it from the list of available connections.

After about 30 seconds of trying to establish the connection (the WiFi icon in Ubuntu's system tray cycles through an animation during this time), it reports that the access point was disconnected. The ar.drone's LEDs are green during this process.

To try something different, I entered the following settings in the WiFi configuration for the ar.drone connection in Ubuntu:

Click IPv4 Settings and change method to Manual then click Add:
Address - 192.168.1.2
Netmask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1

With the above settings, the wireless connection in Ubuntu reports that it successfully connected to the ar.drone access point, but when I run "ardrone_navigation" it always says "Not Connected" in the row that starts with "Start button".

I've tried to get the connection to work for the past week, one machine at a time, after reboots, with no other network connections active, etc.

Any help or hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

sectere
Just flips over

Post by sectere » 08 Jan 2011, 11:54

HELLO and Happy New Year to all, I apologize for my bad English (translated by google) I am your long messages on your forum, which is more complete than France, I beg of you asked, I want a program spv ready to install on XP pc
To control the drone with a parrot in rc usb or usb stick, I'm no computer is I read that there had possibilities, but after searching I found a program that does the ordering PC keyboard
Thank you to you and the people to great service (I use the UAV for the shooting of Archaeology) and not very comfortable with the iphone
I give you my email address for someone nice

I do not know where my message meter

Jean-marc.lefebvre2 @ wanadoo.fr

shihan
Newcomer

Post by shihan » 15 Jan 2011, 18:30

Wow, i REALLY like the linux based application, the control just seems so much nicer (then the phones).

Couple of gotcha's that i found for myself:
1) if you dont press the PS button the PS3 controller it never works correctly (i.e. like you were turning on your PS3)
2) Firmware 1.4.x broke everything for me, see issue 67 for the fix (https://projects.ardrone.org/issues/show/67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), but why no updated sdk?

I have one problem though, I get no video at all but im not sure if im supposed to? I've seen one reference to it, but not much else. If i click on the "VISION image" check box, i get a window that has a bunch of buttons, but not much else. The "vision states" box is 0000000 if that helps at all

Anyone got a screenshot of what the video feed actually looks like?

Also, my build came out in: ARDrone_SDK_1_5_Version_20101004/Examples/Linux/Build/Release
not in ARDroneAPI/ARDroneLib/Version/Release as per the OP.

Im on ubuntu 10.04 32bit with the 1.5 sdk.

sprayin99
Newcomer

Post by sprayin99 » 20 Feb 2011, 16:19

Ok at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot i need some help. I followed all instructions in the first post on this topic. everything downloaded and everything is correct except the following command "cd ARDroneAPI/ARDroneLib/Version/Release"... I did everything as the post said and renamed it to ARDrone API. everything works to this point, when I enter this command, this is what I get "bash: cd: ARDroneAPI/ARDroneLib/Version/Release: No such file or directory". Like I said everything else is correct, the system os, the hardware, everything just this command is stopping me. am I supposed to replace version and release with something and if so where do I find it? Any help would be great, I got it flying on windows vista and 7 but want to get it up on linux too and am not that familiar with linux. I am in root too by the way. So what am I doing wrong?

sprayin99
Newcomer

Post by sprayin99 » 20 Feb 2011, 17:42

also there is no targets_versions file in the ARDronelib folder. Is this why it is not working? I followed the steps and this is non existent in the folder. someone please help

thedinuka
Ready for take off

Post by thedinuka » 18 Mar 2011, 01:30

Hi All,
Trying to install the 1.6 SDK on my Ubuntu 10.10. I'm referring to both the information given at the begining of this thread and the SDK 1.6 Developer guide. After initial preparation when I try to compile the SDK by running the make command (step 4 of the instructions at this thread), I get the following error.

Code: Select all

Building ARDroneTool/Lib
cc VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c
In file included from ..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:32:
..//VP_Com/vp_com_serial.h:22: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/vp_com_serial.h:26: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/vp_com_serial.h:29: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:42: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:43: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:64: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:85: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:95: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c: In function ‘vp_com_serial_close’:
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:173: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘tcsetattr’
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:173: error: ‘TCSANOW’ undeclared (first use in this function)
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:173: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:173: error: for each function it appears in.)
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c: At top level:
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:249: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
..//VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.c:282: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
make[4]: *** [../../Soft/Build/targets_versions/sdk_PROD_MODE_vlib_Linux_2.6.35-25-generic-pae_GNU_Linux_gcc_4.4.5/VP_Com/linux/vp_com_serial.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [build_sdk] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [build_libs] Error 2
I've followed all the instructions before this but I don't have any gam pad plugged. But based on what I've read, I believe that is not the problem. Can some one please provide some help to overcome this problem. Thanks

thedinuka
Ready for take off

Post by thedinuka » 18 Mar 2011, 01:47

well. Found a solution.

this https://projects.ardrone.org/boards/1/topics/show/2614" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and this https://projects.ardrone.org/boards/1/topics/show/1006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

solved my problem. Apparently you have to "set USE_LINUX=yes in custom.makefile"

Hope I did it in the correct way. Please let me know if you guys think otherwise

thanks

thegogz
Battery Charged

Post by thegogz » 13 Jun 2011, 13:53

thedinuka wrote:well. Found a solution.

this https://projects.ardrone.org/boards/1/topics/show/2614" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and this https://projects.ardrone.org/boards/1/topics/show/1006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

solved my problem. Apparently you have to "set USE_LINUX=yes in custom.makefile"

Hope I did it in the correct way. Please let me know if you guys think otherwise

thanks
You can modify the custom.makefile but its much easier if you just type 'make USE_LINUX=yes' at the command line. No need for editing this will override the values in the custom.makefile