Ardrone2_PC_flight, one more PC control

Parrot SDK, Linux SDK, Java, PC, Mac, scripts for Parrot drones... etc.
obelix662000
Up and hovering

Re: Ardrone2_PC_flight, one more PC control

Post by obelix662000 » 12 Mar 2013, 15:14

all axis are proportional in the joystick adjustment window, but the drone pitch\roll reaction isn't
So you see proportional changes at trackbars (both joystick's (upper) and drone's (lower)) but ardrone reacts too fast? If so "flight settings" can be changed to reduce maximum tilt, etc angles.
It works the following way: joystick movements are normalized to -1 1, ardrone receive commands as a fraction of 1, e.g 0.3 means 0.3 of maximum tilt angle. You also may try manually change sensitivity by editing AxisMax, AxisMin, and AxisZero values in the parameter file. Sure I can add nonlinearity setting, but I dont have any experience with it, do you have any example what nonlinearity is needed (is a+bx+cx^2 with adjustable a,b,c good enough?).

hipp-e
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by hipp-e » 13 Mar 2013, 16:34

can't really say what are they using ...

will try logitech rumble pad f510 later this evening

and will try ppjoy with x52 next week

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 13 Mar 2013, 19:37

gamepad is awesome
fast, clear response with a tactile feedback and springed axis cenering

just what we need

mhoppes
Up and hovering

Post by mhoppes » 15 Mar 2013, 00:11

Software is loaded.... I've got my E-Flight control box working... I can take the Drone up with the "Take off" button.... BUT...

None of my joystick inputs have any control on the Drone... only keypad. Is there something I missed to make the software take the joystick input over the keypad?

Also, often my Right Front Motor Light will flash red (only when using this software), any ideas why?

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 15 Mar 2013, 15:37

At the "joystick" page move joystick sticks, at the top trackbars you should be able to see these movement, then press "calibrate" button, move all sticks in all posiible directions, release the sticks (set them to "zero" position) and click "center" button. This is a calibration. Then you should assign movements of joystick channels to 4 ar drone channels (select corresponding axis and buttons with drop-down boxes at left). You should be able to see ar drone's trackbars (bottom) changes. These (visualized with trackbars) movements are being transferred to ar drone commands. Click 'save' button, next time you start the program these saved settings will be loaded automatically. Do you see bottom trackbars changes when you move your joypad?

mhoppes
Up and hovering

Post by mhoppes » 15 Mar 2013, 15:59

Yes, the bars change when I move the joysticks, and they move how I'd expect.

The Drone just doesn't respond to the joystick input when I try to fly with it.

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 16 Mar 2013, 03:08

Since you can take off the "start control" button is on. May be max tilt angle settings are zeroed? Can you check values on the " Flight settings" page?

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 17 Mar 2013, 20:42

my drone was trying to get to the other skynet members today (don't know what it is - just getting higher and higher)
gamepad and software worked perfectly ... using the ipad could cost me another cross

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 28 Mar 2013, 17:56

Do you have some plans about adding some jet-style hud ? :-)

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 24 Apr 2013, 13:19

Bugs found :

sometimes, (maybe wind or smth) the software cannot reestablish connection after short signal loss (fast turn-around for example) - what can happen :
1: windows reports an error and closes the software - drone reacts good, if it is high enough you still have a chance of restarting an app and gaining back your controls, if not - it slooowly lands where it was. Happened around 3:10 at the video (starts from 35 or 45 seconds - had a bad flashdrive).
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8_4FiA ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2: Video, battery meter, height - everything freezes but the controls work.
3: Video and controls work - telemetry is dead (no height and battery info - just frozen digits)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8_4FiA ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i started descending right after the glitch happened.
Using some decent wifi equipment, so it's definitely a software glitch.

The next one is the controls - pitch\roll axes are definitely working the other way than the altitude\yaw axes - little correction at the landing becomes a pain in the...

And the last one - 100m. altitude limit :-) would be super cool if there's any way to disable it

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 24 Apr 2013, 23:18

Thanks for the input.
1) It was designed to reconnect on signal lost, but I did not check it. 2) seems 100 m limit is a bug, related to unclear statement in SDK (see http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/vie ... mit#p50760).
Could you please be more specific on pitch/roll axes problem? Is this a sensitivity or improper direction or something else? How it looks like on joystick page?
I'll check and fix the problems when my ardrone is available (weekends).

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 25 Apr 2013, 06:27

joystick sensitivity problem - even if i slightly touch pitch|roll stick - its going on a full speed to that direction, so it's impossible to make minor corrections ( in the first video you can see that's it going on a same speed, to the destination and back - it's wrong - we had some strong front wind after turnaround point, so i tried as much as i could to go as slow as possible to avoid constant turnarounds caused by the wind).
Your neighbour ( http://lbpclabs.com/autoflight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) solved the problem by adding a slow mode - after you press the button the software sends the config with flight limits that are about 1/2 of user configured ones, which i think is really a "clutch". So this is the thing that actually no one here solved yet. Joystick page and reactions are perfectly fine. I feel by my fingers and see that there is no difference if i put a stick to 30% forward or a 100% forward - tilt angle is the same .... Some feeling of arrow-like controls .... In sim-racing keyboard pilot is called tractor-operator :-)

Ready to help with this software in any way i could
Last edited by hipp-e on 25 Apr 2013, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 25 Apr 2013, 06:46

btw - what the precision parameter in .par file does ?

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 25 Apr 2013, 14:54

Joystick's moves are normalized to 1 while calibration. (you can see the moves on the joystick page). Then this -1..1 vales are being multiplied to max. tilt angles available at "flight settings". If ar drone reacts too fast just reduce max tilt angles. "Precision" is number of steps per full move of joypad's stick, it determines what is considered to be a change in joystick position (to avoid overwhelming command flow).

Ready for take off

Post by 17919 » 01 May 2013, 10:13

I have disconnected basic videocamera HD. Without chamber Ar. Drone2 does not show flight options (it is not active). Correct please