$200 prize for whoever can make this mod

Parrot SDK, Linux SDK, Java, PC, Mac, scripts for Parrot drones... etc.
pawelsky
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: $200 prize for whoever can make this mod

Post by pawelsky » 16 Jun 2013, 16:02

yellowboy63 wrote:Do you guys know if there is a way to use a serial bluetooth so I can debug and fine tune in the field?
As long as you stay withing BT range (so ~3m) that will work fine.

Kyrt
Strange wobble
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Kyrt » 16 Jun 2013, 16:41

pawelsky wrote:
Schlauncha wrote:It is odd about needing to launch/land and then launch, but I consider it to be a safety thing, similar to the Naza-M requiring you to move both sticks to a special position in order to very purposefully start the motors. This keeps you from accidentally being one tap away from spinning props when starting your flight app.
Don't know where it comes from, I did not put any such safety mechanism into sketch.
Maybe it's to do with the way the drone is stopped the previous flight, e.g. if you do an angle emergency to cut out the motors, the state is somehow confused. Seems unlikely but...

pawelsky
Serious flight time

Post by pawelsky » 16 Jun 2013, 17:28

Kyrt wrote: Maybe it's to do with the way the drone is stopped the previous flight, e.g. if you do an angle emergency to cut out the motors, the state is somehow confused. Seems unlikely but...
I guess the best way to find out is to check the debug from the mod :)

pawelsky
Serious flight time

Post by pawelsky » 16 Jun 2013, 20:34

OK, so I've updated the sketch as we discussed - added formulas and scaled the gains from 0-1.

I've also added automatic board detection so you no longer have to changes Serial to Serial1 manually for Micro board.

I've also rearranged code a bit to separate defines/constants that can be modified from these that shouldn't and added some more comments.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schlauncha
Charged up again

Post by Schlauncha » 17 Jun 2013, 04:50

It may be an esc-specific issue I have, where the ESC's I have need to see whatever the zero value is during an Emergency, before they arm and will go on the next Launch. Whereas before the first Launch, they may be at ????? hence they don't arm. If it was a normal r/c receiver running them, I'd say they need to go to full minimum before they'll start, so if you plug in power while your Tx stick is at medium throttle, they don't just start at medium throttle - they wait for you to throttle down to minimum before they'll start going up the next time you raise the stick.

Would an Xbee radio (pair) be a way to get longer range communication of serial data? I have Feiyu-Tech FY-606 data radios that I use with my FY-31AP airplane autopilot, that sound like they work like that. But an Xbee pair may be the right range and price.

pawelsky
Serious flight time

Post by pawelsky » 17 Jun 2013, 08:01

Schlauncha wrote:It may be an esc-specific issue I have, where the ESC's I have need to see whatever the zero value is during an Emergency, before they arm and will go on the next Launch. Whereas before the first Launch, they may be at ????? hence they don't arm.
Mod sets the ESCs to minimum as son as it boots so i doubt it would be the case.

pawelsky
Serious flight time

Post by pawelsky » 17 Jun 2013, 10:40

Schlauncha wrote:Would an Xbee radio (pair) be a way to get longer range communication of serial data? I have Feiyu-Tech FY-606 data radios that I use with my FY-31AP airplane autopilot, that sound like they work like that. But an Xbee pair may be the right range and price.
If it can talk at 115200 then yes, but you really don't need that. You won't be able to change pots while flying, so you can check the values when turning the pots, and at that time you'll be in the BT range.

dm2saw
Ready for take off

Post by dm2saw » 28 Jul 2013, 23:30

Hello

and thanx a lot to Schlauncha & Pawelsky for realize this Mod.

I try to rebuild this Mod but there i a qustion i have.

Can i use this Mod without the org. ESC´s & Motor´s or without org. Motor´s ? Because i´ve found a line in the armotor Sketch it calls motorAlive request.

best greeting from Germany

pawelsky
Serious flight time

Post by pawelsky » 28 Jul 2013, 23:33

dm2saw wrote:Can i use this Mod without the org. ESC´s & Motor´s or without org. Motor´s ? Because i´ve found a line in the armotor Sketch it calls motorAlive request.
You can remove motors, but you need the original motor boards.

grayuk
Battery Charged

Post by grayuk » 01 Aug 2013, 10:03

Anyone thought of doing this in a DJI phantom shell with the esc and motors from that? I know a bit of work would need doing fitting the pcb's and cameras, and this mod and the MiruMod. Anyone think this is doable?

Schlauncha
Charged up again

Post by Schlauncha » 01 Aug 2013, 12:32

That would be an expensive thing to butcher. If a person wanted an AR Phantom, they would probably do best to just order a replacement airframe, and then fill it with the esc's and motors of their choice. If you don't count the AR Drone cost, then you'd be at probably $250 to $350 for the airframe motors and esc's. I haven't had a Phantom up close and opened up to really see how much room is inside one, but from the outside I would estimate there is enough room on the inside for the boards. One problem is that the Phantom keeps the battery underneath the central body, so the downwards facing camera and ultrasonic sensors would require the board to be relocated below, outside the airframe.

We are waiting on the 3D printer right now... it should have arrived or at least they should have sent my friend an update that it is shipping by now, so here's hoping the folks over at Makibox get things moving. Just checked the website, they posted an update talking about the status of how soon they're hoping to be shipping: http://makibox.com/blogpost/items/makib ... ing_update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't forgotten about this project... I just... have alot of projects. And my ADHD doesn't make it easy for me to keep focused on just one, through to completion.

strangerjle
Battery Charged

Post by strangerjle » 05 Sep 2013, 12:55

Can someone kindly help by sending me the sketch of the Arduino so I an convert the aftermarket ESC and propellers. Jimmy.hpm@hotmail.com. Thanks

Schlauncha
Charged up again

Post by Schlauncha » 05 Sep 2013, 15:28

strangerjle wrote:Can someone kindly help by sending me the sketch of the Arduino so I an convert the aftermarket ESC and propellers. Jimmy.hpm@hotmail.com. Thanks
The most recent version is attached in Pawelsky's post near the top of this page. Here is a link to that post specifically: http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/vie ... 258#p63258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

strangerjle
Battery Charged

Post by strangerjle » 06 Sep 2013, 13:59

It saying that "I don't have permission to download the sketch".

pawelsky
Serious flight time

Post by pawelsky » 06 Sep 2013, 14:13

strangerjle wrote:It saying that "I don't have permission to download the sketch".