is there any easy solution to atach hero3 on ar.drone 1.0?

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
blacksheepx
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone

is there any easy solution to atach hero3 on ar.drone 1.0?

Post by blacksheepx » 05 Jul 2013, 23:01

Hi, I'm George, from brazil. 8-)
Fist of all, sorry for my english, i will try as good as possible to be understandable.

I have a Ar.Drone 1.0, i like it very much, but i am very disappointed when i try to put a gopro on it.

My firsts tries were to put the camera on the bottom of the ar.drone, but make it very unstable and crash all the time. I realized that the problem is the bottom camera, positioned in the meddle, so i have to put the camera more to back of the drone, i think this was what make it unstable, and cause the constantly crashes.

now i'm trying to put the camera on the top, centered position, it works, not as good as i expected, the propellers appear on the footage, and the extra weight above make the gravity center to change, and if a try a more aggressive maneuver it crashes again.

is the ar.drone 1.0 incapable to lift the weight of the gopro?

i will attach some photos of the solutions that i have tried.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crossinferno
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: is there any easy solution to atach hero3 on ar.drone 1.

Post by crossinferno » 30 Sep 2013, 18:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpHGaN5Srxg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is the gopro hero3 mount

Ruyton
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Ruyton » 30 Sep 2013, 18:43

You would be better off with a smaller lighter camera like the Mobius Action cam. See this thread started by me:

http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/vie ... =10&t=7031" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary - Shrewsbury UK

Stader Maria
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by Stader Maria » 26 Oct 2013, 08:18

If you are getting serious about your Drone and want to do things like mounting a camera on it, than this is a must-have upgrade. It also will tame the earlier 1.0 Drones,rctophobby.com, which were prone to flying away and losing radio contact!

TiggyWiggy
Ready for take off

Post by TiggyWiggy » 27 Oct 2013, 01:50

The Mobius camera has the same resolution and quality as as the GoPro at only $80 USD, and is much smaller and easier to mount with velcro or double-sided tape. I've mounted mine with velcro on top of the outdoor hull pointing down at an angle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ruyton
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Ruyton » 27 Oct 2013, 10:04

TiggyWiggy wrote:The Mobius camera has the same resolution and quality as as the GoPro at only $80 USD, and is much smaller and easier to mount with velcro or double-sided tape. I've mounted mine with velcro on top of the outdoor hull pointing down at an angle.
I found that mounting the Mobius that far forward on the centre of the drone made the front motors work harder - it flew OK, but fell the front motors and compare them with the rear ones after flying.

After some experimentation, I ended up with the camera under the centre of the body. The Mobius give excellent video performance for the cost.

http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/vie ... =10&t=7031" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary - Shrewsbury UK