AR.Drone Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes F1 Mod

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 20 May 2012, 09:28

So i decided to have a go at my first Mod on the Outdoor Hull, i was originally going to do it in Carbon Fibre but after seeing this Redbull Drone 2.0 it gave me a few idea's :?:

http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/forum/dow ... &mode=view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like i say this is my first Mod and i think it looks pretty good, i really wanted to get another Clear Hull to spray from the inside but seeing as that would of cost me $45 i thought screw that i'll just spray my original hull and see how it fair to any knocks.

So i did about 5-6 thin layers of White as a base coat and then finished with about 5-6 thin layers of Silver, and then finally i did a few coats of Clear just to seal it all.

I used Tamiya Polycarbonate PS-1 White and PS-41 Bright Silver.

Just drying Out.

And Finally here's the end result.

And when i finally attach the LED ring.

So that's my Outdoor Hull all blinged up, now it's on to my Indoor Hull which ive already put on the Black carbon Fibre Vinyl and now just waiting on various other bits.

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Re: AR.Drone Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes F1 Mod

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 20 May 2012, 10:43

Really cool.....copying my style is not an issue. But how come your AR Drone 2.0 becomes a AR Drone 1.0???! :lol:
You eventually to justify making use of the polycarbonate spray, hum..? Good job fellas. :twisted:
[/quote]

You inspired me to do my own, i was impressed by yours so had to do a Mclaren, but yeahI had to make do with my 1.0 seeing as I don't own a 2.0 (yet) :lol:

Just need a Ferrai on the Grid now, anyone? lol

HIdroneflyer
Ready for take off

Post by HIdroneflyer » 20 May 2012, 11:16

Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Bravo!

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 20 May 2012, 11:46

I wanna say your blue LED angel eye is very beautiful. Mine is white. Not :) special.
[/quote]

Yeah I know white gives out better light for night flights, but there's something about Blue LED's that make things look kind of Futuristic 8-) I just like the Blue Glow lol

Jhawk19
Made it over nextdoor
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by Jhawk19 » 20 May 2012, 13:36

Looks great. I thought you were doing this for a Drone 2.0 as well.

Either way, looks great.

I do have a comment on the bottom LED fixtures. I had LEDs on my 1.0 around the outside...see photo.

I just don't think these things are meant to fly at night. It doesn't get dark this time of year at my house until almost 9PM (2100 HOURS). That leaves me plenty of flight time after work. Do these down facing LEDs really add much flight time after dark? I ask because I like to fly 5'-10' off the ground doing fast circuits with snap rolls and back flips.

It doesn't seem as though the LEDs would light up the ground enough at that height for the 1.0 or 2.0 to keep it's position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 20 May 2012, 14:24

Jhawk19 wrote:Looks great. I thought you were doing this for a Drone 2.0 as well.

Either way, looks great.

I do have a comment on the bottom LED fixtures. I had LEDs on my 1.0 around the outside...see photo.

I just don't think these things are meant to fly at night. It doesn't get dark this time of year at my house until almost 9PM (2100 HOURS). That leaves me plenty of flight time after work. Do these down facing LEDs really add much flight time after dark? I ask because I like to fly 5'-10' off the ground doing fast circuits with snap rolls and back flips.

It doesn't seem as though the LEDs would light up the ground enough at that height for the 1.0 or 2.0 to keep it's position.
I'm putting some Blue LED's on the Outside of my Indoor Hull but they Flash from front to back and the are very slim strips but I broke one seeing how much it would bend so I'm waiting on some more before I can carry on with my Mod, I've also got some decals coming from I-drone, I've already wrapped itin Carbon Vinyl.

Anyway about the Angel eyes LED, the Blue are very bright and from about 1m height they do seem to light up the floor quite well but I haven't actually mounted it on yet so haven't tested it in flight, of course the white LED's will be a lot brighter and I would think will keep the Drone stable at night if it's not too high.

To be honest I doubt I'll do too many flights at Night more around Dusk when the lights fading, but I'm putting LEDs on mine really just to make it look more "cool" so to speak.

Oh and when i get round to buying a 2.0 I think I'll be doing another Mclaren, but I'm just wondering about the middle of the new Drones Hull as its just foam, so will the stickers actually stick to it or not? but I have ideas about that for when the tIke comes.

knoxploration
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by knoxploration » 20 May 2012, 19:25

Very cool indeed, I've been wanting to do a Red Bull one for ages now, but not getting time and energy for it. (Just saw the Red Bull one you linked, as well; very nice.)

Jhawk19
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Jhawk19 » 20 May 2012, 20:03

Bad thing about the 2.0 is the stock battery doesn't have the balance plug that you can run LEDs off of. Sucks! I do fly with aftermarket batteries as well, so it shouldn't be a problem if I want to add them, but right now I just cannot justify LEDs.

There is foam that runs the length of the 2.0, right down the center. Stickers don't stick too well to it. But you can easily work around it.

i-Drone
Spying is fun

Post by i-Drone » 20 May 2012, 22:11

What you need is a proper Chrome hull! Real chrome plated, beautiful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 21 May 2012, 11:18

Bungle wrote:What you need is a proper Chrome hull! Real chrome plated, beautiful!
Yes iv'e seen your Chrome Hulls, i'd be scared to scratch it :lol: i must say though...............nice Rug :lol: :lol:

Drone Shop
Strange wobble

Post by Drone Shop » 21 May 2012, 11:43

CH33ZEBURG3R

would just like to say WOW

thats soo different, its great to see someone try something different on the hulls.

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 21 May 2012, 13:29

ardroneshop wrote:CH33ZEBURG3R

would just like to say WOW

thats soo different, its great to see someone try something different on the hulls.
Thanks ;) it's my first attempt at a Hull so I'm quite happy with the result. But credit must go to solaris8x86 for the inspiration to do my own, as a big F1 fan (Hamilton/Mclaren) I only thought it fair to get another one on the Grid. ;)