Double Sided Tape

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Double Sided Tape

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 12 May 2012, 14:15

So I'm modding my Outdoor Hull and need some good strong tape to put it back on amongst other things, ok I have some but it doesn't seem no-where near as strong as the stuff Parrot use, the Parrot mending tape is super strong too that's the kind of strength I want.

So does anyone know of a cheap place to get some, maybe a seller on eBay?

Thanks.

DKS207
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Double Sided Tape

Post by DKS207 » 12 May 2012, 15:01

CH33ZEBURG3R wrote:So I'm modding my Outdoor Hull and need some good strong tape to put it back on amongst other things, ok I have some but it doesn't seem no-where near as strong as the stuff Parrot use, the Parrot mending tape is super strong too that's the kind of strength I want.

So does anyone know of a cheap place to get some, maybe a seller on eBay?

Thanks.
Good morning CH33ZEBURG3R

I have had great success with a product that I found in a local craft shop up here in the States. But alas that does you no damn good does it. It's not a whole lot cheaper but i don't have to wait to get it. Here is the link

http://www.ilovetocreate.com/store/prod ... ductid=387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope it helps. It sticks EPP to EPP really well.

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 12 May 2012, 16:34

Good morning CH33ZEBURG3R

I have had great success with a product that I found in a local craft shop up here in the States. But alas that does you no damn good does it. It's not a whole lot cheaper but i don't have to wait to get it. Here is the link

http://www.ilovetocreate.com/store/prod ... ductid=387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope it helps. It sticks EPP to EPP really well.
Well thanks anyway i'm sure someone out there sells decent stuff on ebayits just finding some strong tape like the Parrot stuff they use, now thats some sticky s*&t lol

i-Drone
Spying is fun

Double Sided Tape

Post by i-Drone » 17 May 2012, 23:58

I've got loads of the Parrot 3M tape. It's actually 3M VHB tape.
If anyone needs some, I'd be happy to send them free?

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 18 May 2012, 14:22

Bungle wrote:I've got loads of the Parrot 3M tape. It's actually 3M VHB tape.
If anyone needs some, I'd be happy to send them free?
Hi Neil,

If you could send me some out that would be appreciated, i'm quite happy to pay for it too seeing as i'm in Australia.

Dayle.

i-Drone
Spying is fun

Double Sided Tape

Post by i-Drone » 18 May 2012, 23:58

I'll dig your address out and send you some.
No charge.
It's all good!
Cheers

http://www.i-drone.me
Twitter: @AR_Drone_idrone
Facebook:

USMCGecko
Strange wobble

Double Sided Tape

Post by USMCGecko » 19 May 2012, 02:24

This may be stupid, but has anyone ever tried hot glue from like a hot glue gun. I just broke my nose off and was going to try and glue it.

deanes
Thinking of bearings
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by deanes » 19 May 2012, 02:58

USMCGecko wrote:This may be stupid, but has anyone ever tried hot glue from like a hot glue gun. I just broke my nose off and was going to try and glue it.
I found special foam repair hot glue at Hobby Lobby. It was ok and some repairs are holding up fine. What I found to be better is just use silicone sealant for glue. It flows into every crack and uneven place and holds fine. Any that is on a surface is very easy to peel/scrape off when dry. I use it for camera mounts, holding wires in place, and whatever else I can think of.

Ratmick
Just flips over
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Ratmick » 19 May 2012, 03:41

Does anyone have any idea what 3M VHB tape it is?

There are a whole lot of them to choose from in various thicknesses...from 0.5mm to over 2mm.

I can't seem to find any Parrot-branded tape locally in Australia without paying more than the item costs in postage. A whole roll of the same stuff would make the postage sit a little easier...

I've ordered a Drone, just assembling a few spare parts and repair items...

Mick 8-)

i-Drone
Spying is fun

Double Sided Tape

Post by i-Drone » 19 May 2012, 09:44

VHB is Very High Bond.
You can get it from eBay, but Evo Stik Serious Glue is also very good.
The double sided foam pads you can get are also great.

http://www.i-drone.me
Twitter: @AR_Drone_idrone
Facebook:

Ratmick
Just flips over
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Ratmick » 19 May 2012, 14:30

Bungle wrote:VHB is Very High Bond.
VHB is the name of a range of 3M tape, they also make a UHB range (Ultra High Bond).

If you have a look here: http://www.wrsales.com.au/vhb_tapes.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...you'll see there is a whole lot of tape:
VHB – Very High Bond
3M Acrylic Foam Tapes

Clear
4905, 4910 – acrylic, glass, high initial tack

General Purpose
4930, 4950, 4929, 4949 – metal sealed wood

Conformable
4941, 4356, 4390, 4945 – for painted surfaces including powder coated and colourbond, plasticizer resistant

Low Temp
4951 – for applications down to 0°C+, high initial tack

Thin conformable
4925 – thin, very conformable, general purpose

...I'm guessing it's the last one, the 4925.

The glue looks great, alas it's not sold here either, that's what we get for being at the ass-end of the world with a small population base :cry:.

Mick

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 19 May 2012, 15:05

Ratmick wrote:Does anyone have any idea what 3M VHB tape it is?

There are a whole lot of them to choose from in various thicknesses...from 0.5mm to over 2mm.

I can't seem to find any Parrot-branded tape locally in Australia without paying more than the item costs in postage. A whole roll of the same stuff would make the postage sit a little easier...

Mick 8-)
I found a place called Blackwoods which is 5 mins away from where i work but there's so many tapes to choose from i'm really unsure as to which one i would need, i went round today but it was closed.

Anyway here's a few links to there Tapes, and if anyone (Neil) lol could tell me which is the one to use that would be a great help.

So here's the link to the page with all there Tapes -

http://www.blackwoods.com.au/Search.asp ... -100000075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link is for the 3M Adhesive Transfer Tapes -

http://www.blackwoods.com.au/Search.asp ... -202002997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 3M VHB Adhesive Transfer Tapes -

http://www.blackwoods.com.au/Search.asp ... -302022344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And last is the 3M Double sided Tape -

http://www.blackwoods.com.au/PartDetail ... o=00447809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So if anyone can have a look and point out the one that will do the job i'll be a happy man.

And Mick if there isnt a store near you i could pick up an extra one or just send you some of mine?

CH33ZEBURG3R
Strange wobble

Post by CH33ZEBURG3R » 19 May 2012, 15:17

Ratmick wrote:Does anyone have any idea what 3M VHB tape it is?

Mick 8-)
EB Games will order any of the Parrot stuff in if you ask them, even if they don't stock it.

USMCGecko
Strange wobble

Post by USMCGecko » 20 May 2012, 14:14

I think I am going to try the 100% silicone sealant route. It's cheap and I already have a tube of it.

USMCGecko
Strange wobble

Double Sided Tape

Post by USMCGecko » 20 May 2012, 19:25

So was at Lowes getting my #6 torx and decided to try some Welder brand glue that I have read good things about on another forum. Just waiting for it to dry.