how to reset drone after a crash with macgyver mode..

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
obs1234
Newcomer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

how to reset drone after a crash with macgyver mode..

Post by obs1234 » 25 Apr 2012, 20:37

Hi All..

playing with my new macgyver mod and I LOVE it!!

one question...when I crash/bump/drift into something, the unit stops. Is there a way to continue right away without having to remove the shell, disconnect the battery then reconnect it, then wait until it syncs again to fly? Kind of a PITA!

Tnx!!!

Dave

obs1234
Newcomer

Re: how to reset drone after a crash with macgyver mode..

Post by obs1234 » 25 Apr 2012, 20:54

As per Macdrones....

After a crash or hard landing the LED’s may turn red indicating the drone is in "emergency mode". If so verifying steps 1 through 6. Then move the left stick to the right, this resets the "emergency mode", you may have to do this a couple times to get the LED’s to turn green. If the LED’s will not reset you can disconnect the battery to reset, if this does not work then battery should be changed.

tonyh0905
Chased the cat

Post by tonyh0905 » 25 Apr 2012, 23:29

obs1234 wrote:As per Macdrones....

After a crash or hard landing the LED’s may turn red indicating the drone is in "emergency mode". If so verifying steps 1 through 6. Then move the left stick to the right, this resets the "emergency mode", you may have to do this a couple times to get the LED’s to turn green. If the LED’s will not reset you can disconnect the battery to reset, if this does not work then battery should be changed.
....Also, make sure 'TAKE OFF'/'LAND' switch is in 'LAND' mode or nothing will happen :)
ArDrone V1 / MiruMod
808 # 16 camera

DJI F450 / Dx6i
GoPro Hero3 silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/tonyh0905

bsrchas
Ready for take off

Post by bsrchas » 26 Apr 2012, 03:02

tonyh0905 wrote:
obs1234 wrote:As per Macdrones....

....Also, make sure 'TAKE OFF'/'LAND' switch is in 'LAND' mode or nothing will happen :)
With my mod, the left toggle switch also has to be in the down (high rate) position or it won't reset. Anyone else's mod do that??