Help with altering the rc mod configs

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
spudmonkeybikes
Strange wobble
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with altering the rc mod configs

Post by spudmonkeybikes » 16 Apr 2012, 21:51

Does anyone know if there is a way to easily change the configs on the rc mod, I want to add the height limit to the default mode so my son can fly outdoors when I'm flying the f450. On indoor mode it doesn't have enough movement. I've not connected the tx to a pc yet but is it that simple or will it involve programming the other little board attached to the rx.

deanes
Thinking of bearings
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Re: Help with altering the rc mod configs

Post by deanes » 16 Apr 2012, 22:45

I haven't connected mine yet either, but i searched YouTube using the transmitter name and found a lot of info about configuring. Seems to be as easy as downloading the free config program and using the onscreen bar graphs to set the limits and speeds. You can probably also save the settings by name and simply go back and instantly re-config the transmitter by selecting preferred setups.

Tizzy
Thinking of bearings

Post by Tizzy » 17 Apr 2012, 11:04

For adjusting sensitivity, it's definitely as easy as connecting the transmitter to a PC and adjusting with "T6config". Once connected and responsive, just make sure you read the current config into the T6config before you make any adjustments as the PC will overwrite the transmitter as soon as you make a change and the software defaults have nothing to do with the proper rc mod setup.

Don't know about changing the ceiling without actually updating the firmware on the receiver side (=update Arduino)

Edit
Just an afterthought, the main issue with using T6config is getting the PC to recognize the adapter cable. Depending on which software you're using, you'll need a specific driver. In my case, I'm using win7 x64 and win7 actually asked if it could download the appropriate driver for me. After that it's as easy as pie.

spudmonkeybikes
Strange wobble

Post by spudmonkeybikes » 17 Apr 2012, 21:54

I'm running w7 64 too, are you sure that will work, I'm concerned that its the other board that also sends the sensitivity settings or does changing the config actually change the settings in the tx or just send a command to the other board. Just don't want to mess it all up and be left with a brick.

Tizzy
Thinking of bearings

Post by Tizzy » 18 Apr 2012, 15:45

It's working fine here so it should work just fine on yours. That said, who knows what PC's have and do behind the scenes these days and there are plenty of folks out there who haven't been able to get their com port configured and subsequently have not been able to get T6config working.

As for bricking it, T6config is for changing the sensitivity of the transmitter only and AFAIK the only thing that could get 'bricked' is the transmitter, so I'll say it again: make sure you backup you current config (by using the GETUSER button in T6config and then saving those settings as a file on your PC) before changing anything. Any change in the T6config is automatically uploaded to the transmitter.

Bricked is actually not even the pertinent term as even if you do forget to use GETUSER, it's not really bricked as you can always upload someone else's default settings.

Edit:
As it's not possible to upload files here, I've tried to share the MacGyver CT6B mod T6config default settings file on Zumodrive. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll try uploading it somewhere else.

JHebert
Ready for take off

Post by JHebert » 18 Apr 2012, 18:32

Tizzy wrote:As it's not possible to upload files here, I've tried to share the MacGyver CT6B mod T6config default settings file on Zumodrive. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll try uploading it somewhere else.
I was able to download the file. Thanks for posting.

yellowboy63
Thinking of bearings

Post by yellowboy63 » 18 Apr 2012, 20:29

There is a configerator on rc mod designers we page that will let you modify the sketch any way you want. http://mirumod.hopto.org

Tizzy
Thinking of bearings

Post by Tizzy » 18 Apr 2012, 21:20

Sounds like the correct way to brick the mod?

spudmonkeybikes
Strange wobble

Post by spudmonkeybikes » 19 Apr 2012, 00:19

Tizzy wrote:For adjusting sensitivity, it's definitely as easy as connecting the transmitter to a PC and adjusting with "T6config". Once connected and responsive, just make sure you read the current config into the T6config before you make any adjustments as the PC will overwrite the transmitter as soon as you make a change and the software defaults have nothing to do with the proper rc mod setup.

Don't know about changing the ceiling without actually updating the firmware on the receiver side (=update Arduino)

Edit
Just an afterthought, the main issue with using T6config is getting the PC to recognize the adapter cable. Depending on which software you're using, you'll need a specific driver. In my case, I'm using win7 x64 and win7 actually asked if it could download the appropriate driver for me. After that it's as easy as pie.
I need to update the arduino so I think I'll leave that alone, thanks for your help though.

illclairvoyant
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by illclairvoyant » 29 Jun 2015, 19:45

Tizzy wrote:It's working fine here so it should work just fine on yours. That said, who knows what PC's have and do behind the scenes these days and there are plenty of folks out there who haven't been able to get their com port configured and subsequently have not been able to get T6config working.

As for bricking it, T6config is for changing the sensitivity of the transmitter only and AFAIK the only thing that could get 'bricked' is the transmitter, so I'll say it again: make sure you backup you current config (by using the GETUSER button in T6config and then saving those settings as a file on your PC) before changing anything. Any change in the T6config is automatically uploaded to the transmitter.

Bricked is actually not even the pertinent term as even if you do forget to use GETUSER, it's not really bricked as you can always upload someone else's default settings.

Edit:
As it's not possible to upload files here, I've tried to share the MacGyver CT6B mod T6config default settings file on Zumodrive. Let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll try uploading it somewhere else.
I know... I know, I'm years late...

My girlfriend just got me the AR. Drone 2.0 with the FlySky CT6B Transmitter & Macgyver mod already installed, but I think someone tried to modify the config file for the Transmitter at some point. The receiver detects the transmitter, but none of the controls work.

It seems the previously uploaded config file no longer exists. By any chance would someone happen to have one lying around they could upload somewhere for me?

akt12
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Help needed, remote does nothing Macyver mod.

Post by akt12 » 08 Sep 2015, 08:19

Currently the drone does this:

* Flies fine with wifi.

Hooked up mod:

* Binded using youtube instructional movie and jumper, cause it would not bind when I followed paper instructions.

** powered up remote FS-CT6B strong batteries, powered up drone:

* drone and shows red blade lights for a couple seconds with a steady red receiver light. A green light on receiver quick flashes three.

* drone turns each blade a bit then blades show green and the receiver mod continues to show steady red. The receivers green flashing light changes to flash one time slowly.

No response when control toggles are moved on remote.