macgyver mod issue - any way to return to original settings?

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
dantenney
Battery Charged

macgyver mod issue - any way to return to original settings?

Post by dantenney » 24 Mar 2012, 22:13

i have the macgyver mod and tried to plug the controller into my computer to use it with a simulator (unsuccessfully) and now it's not working with my drone. any ideas on how to return it to it's original settings? what it'll do when i go through the startup steps is (usually) all led's will just go red after i do anything with the controller. other times it won't even do that it seems, it'll just sit there. i unplugged the mod and the drone still works fine with iphone control. help! :D

rollus
Up and hovering

Re: macgyver mod issue - any way to return to original setti

Post by rollus » 24 Mar 2012, 22:18

The Arduino may have been erased or corrupted while receiving data.
You should flash the sketch again.
Rcgroups thread and ufodoctor documentation will be helpful ;-)

dantenney
Battery Charged

Post by dantenney » 24 Mar 2012, 22:24

im a noob and i have no idea what any of that means...

Schlauncha
Charged up again
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Schlauncha » 24 Mar 2012, 22:47

It sounds like you may have ended up changing settings in the transmitter, if you hooked it to the PC. Worst case, ship it back to Macguyver and I think if you left him a $20 in the box, he could reset it and ship it back to you. Of course, email him beforehand to make sure that he's ok with the plan.

That's what I would do.

knoxploration
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by knoxploration » 24 Mar 2012, 23:26

If you have the FlySky CT6B transmitter that comes bundled with some MacGyver mod kits, you can get software to back up the settings to your PC from the remote. I think, though, that you can't take the settings from somebody else's remote and put them in yours. I believe Mike at Macdrones is calibrating to the individual remote, unless I've misunderstood. He could confirm that for you, though. If you can take the settings from somebody else's remote, he may be able to send them to you rather than the remote going back to base.

dantenney
Battery Charged

Post by dantenney » 25 Mar 2012, 23:01

bummer, it's definitely communicating with the receiver but it's not doing anything. now the lights don't even go red, they just flash green sometimes. not such a biggie at this point since i flew it with the iphone today and crashed and have to replace two gears/props (at least).

kyle925
Ready for take off

Post by kyle925 » 26 Mar 2012, 03:53

Maybe the settings are still there and you just need to bind the drone w/ your transmitter. Check the "how to bind" instructions and see if this fixes it. Good luck.