Random landing's with MacGyver Mod - The solution

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
knoxploration
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Re: Random landing's with MacGyver Mod - The solution

Post by knoxploration » 02 Apr 2012, 21:45

If things were as dire as you paint, nobody would be able to fly R/C planes and helis... and yet somehow, they manage just swimmingly.

szuu
Strange wobble

Post by szuu » 02 Apr 2012, 22:58

solaris8x86 wrote:Especially considering of the technical theory. RC Drone has to use 2 x 2.4Ghz channels that is twice times more possibility to be interfered by other 2.4Ghz devices. The 2.4Ghz Channel list is actually very limited. For example, if there are a lot of 2.4Ghz RC planes/cars playing with you in the same flying field.
2.4GHz RC tranmission does not use channels in the way of "normal" wifi connections, transmitter uses tiny bits of spectrum, constantly changing the frequency, that's why it is so robust, compared to the wifi connection. of course it has easier job, only transmitting dozens or hundreds of bytes/sec, while wifi is designed to deal with 1000 times as much data.
(also, the RC-modded drone does not usually need the "second" wifi channel, as the RC receiver is wired to the mainboard, not using the normal drone wifi hotspot)

but anyway, i agree with your approach - for me this toy is a beautifully hackable flying computer and cutting it off the wifi is blasphemy ;)

Schlauncha
Charged up again
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Schlauncha » 03 Apr 2012, 05:14

Hmm... so you're saying that using high powered wifi routers destroyed many other people's r/c airplanes... but if you were on a MacGuyver mod with an r/c 2.4Ghz system, it would have been the same as their systems and would have peacefully co-existed just like theirs do with each other, and everyone could have flown, without anyone losing airplanes? Interesting. I suppose with something broadcasting with several times the power of an r/c transmitter, operating on the same frequency range, it would stand to reason that it could cause interference. I suspect if I got an amplifier to pump out 1000mW of a 2.4Ghz r/c radio's signal, then if you were on a router around 300mW like the other pilots radios were putting out, then it would be your drone losing control and crashing.

The disturbing part is that you say this happens every week, not that it just happened once. Maybe you should let the people flying their aircraft know that your r/c system is known to cause harmful interference, such that when their aircraft lose control and crash they will know it was because of your equipment interfering. Or maybe you shouldn't operate your system where it causes other people's aircraft to be destroyed. Unless you want to use the r/c mod... then you could fly with them and everybody would get along just fine!

knoxploration
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by knoxploration » 03 Apr 2012, 06:20

Schlauncha wrote:Hmm... so you're saying that using high powered wifi routers destroyed many other people's r/c airplanes... but if you were on a MacGuyver mod with an r/c 2.4Ghz system, it would have been the same as their systems and would have peacefully co-existed just like theirs do with each other, and everyone could have flown, without anyone losing airplanes? Interesting. I suppose with something broadcasting with several times the power of an r/c transmitter, operating on the same frequency range, it would stand to reason that it could cause interference. I suspect if I got an amplifier to pump out 1000mW of a 2.4Ghz r/c radio's signal, then if you were on a router around 300mW like the other pilots radios were putting out, then it would be your drone losing control and crashing.

The disturbing part is that you say this happens every week, not that it just happened once. Maybe you should let the people flying their aircraft know that your r/c system is known to cause harmful interference, such that when their aircraft lose control and crash they will know it was because of your equipment interfering. Or maybe you shouldn't operate your system where it causes other people's aircraft to be destroyed. Unless you want to use the r/c mod... then you could fly with them and everybody would get along just fine!
And maybe they should let the FCC know. I'd be willing to bet that something capable of knocking other people's planes out of the sky is not complying with FCC regs...

reznov
Newcomer

Post by reznov » 30 Dec 2012, 06:06

i have a miru mod but i cant seem to figure out how to bind it to my dx7s its a plug and play module :)

tonyh0905
Chased the cat

Post by tonyh0905 » 30 Dec 2012, 18:34

reznov wrote:i have a miru mod but i cant seem to figure out how to bind it to my dx7s its a plug and play module :)
ScubaSteve builds and sells the mirumod under the trade name Drontec Quadmod. He has a good website with comprehensive instructions for setting up, binding etc.... Try there:

http://www.dronetec.co.uk/setup.html#radio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or try the original Mirumod website at:

http://mirumod.tk/intro.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArDrone V1 / MiruMod
808 # 16 camera

DJI F450 / Dx6i
GoPro Hero3 silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/tonyh0905

ScubaSteve
I've been hit!!

Post by ScubaSteve » 30 Dec 2012, 21:11

Yep, it is probably the same or similar enough to work it out. Bear in mind although based on the mirumod, there are changes, my version is wired slightly differently has changes to the miru code and probably has a different receiver altogether, but you should be able to work it out from the site
http://www.dronetec.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << QuadMod RC Control for your Drone
http://www.facebook.com/dronetecgb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << Like Us on Facebook