Login to disable ads!

Car Dash Camera!!! Works Great!!!

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
Limpice
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Airborne Night
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Car Dash Camera!!! Works Great!!!

Post by Limpice » 01 Feb 2012, 00:33

Yes the 808 that I used is the $5 one & not the $36 808#11. That one will be here soon I'll post video when I get that one in.

Limpice
Up and hovering

Post by Limpice » 01 Feb 2012, 02:16

szuu wrote:
Limpice wrote:Video Test: Dash Cam VS 808 Key Chain Cam!!!!
808, but not 808 #11 - it only has 480p, but you said it was $5, while the HD variant is $36
Limpice wrote:A Big Difference In The Size Of The Viewing Area!!!
yes, that's the common feature of these cameras, that's why i used fisheye lens.

actually, comparing the picture quality of the standard lens of the keychain cam and your wide angle dash cam was probably wrong (or not fair). making a wide angle lens is always more challenging, so it's nothing surprising in that your dash camera is not perfectly sharp. the keychain cam + cheap fisheye lens is even less sharp.
well, in the perfect world the lenses for these cameras would be interchangeable :)
Yeah true but the dash cam can play at 1080p but I need a HDMI cord to make it work. That will help out a lot.

knoxploration
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by knoxploration » 01 Feb 2012, 20:46

Limpice wrote:Yeah true but the dash cam can play at 1080p but I need a HDMI cord to make it work. That will help out a lot.
You've managed to get 1080p out of it, then? Last we spoke you were only getting 720p. Would be great if you could upload a 1080p clip...

Limpice
Up and hovering

Post by Limpice » 02 Feb 2012, 04:12

knoxploration wrote:
Limpice wrote:Yeah true but the dash cam can play at 1080p but I need a HDMI cord to make it work. That will help out a lot.
You've managed to get 1080p out of it, then? Last we spoke you were only getting 720p. Would be great if you could upload a 1080p clip...
I need a mini HDMI Cord that don't come with it and I don't have one off hand. One bad thing is I thank I seen some where it runs at 15fps in 1080p

knoxploration
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by knoxploration » 03 Feb 2012, 20:20

Limpice wrote:
knoxploration wrote:
I need a mini HDMI Cord that don't come with it and I don't have one off hand. One bad thing is I thank I seen some where it runs at 15fps in 1080p
Mini-HDMI is not going to give you 1080p if the files themselves aren't 1080p when transferred off the camera via USB. It's sounding more and more to me like this is not a 1080p video camera, just a 720p one.

Grump
Just flips over

Post by Grump » 03 Feb 2012, 21:25

The ebay listing clearly states;
Video Resolution: VGA/DI/SXGA (1280*960)
720p is 1280/720 in 16:9 aspect ratio.
920p is 1280/960 in 4:3 aspect ratio.
It's not 1080p so the description is likely wrong/misleading, unless the device has video out which upscales to 1080p.

Also, I suggest reading the reviews on Amazon;
http://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Camera- ... Descending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Limpice
Up and hovering

Post by Limpice » 06 Feb 2012, 16:12

Okay after taking a long hard look at the dash camera I ordered off eBay. It appears I've received a knock off version of the original dash camera. That's why it only plays in 720 P and not 1080 P. So after long intense phone conversations with the manufacturer and the distributor I received a refund for the camera in the total amount of $25. I was going to completely return the device but decided it was cheaper to get a refund of some sort then shipping it back. So with everything said and done I only paid $25 or the dash camera.

On the other hand the dash camera did work quite well and had a very good video quality in my opinion. Even if it only outputted 720 P the anti-shake function and the LED headlights made it a plus. I'm not completely abandoning the ideal of using a dash camera as an alternative method of replacing the original AR drone cameras. Just please do your research before you buy.

After learning it was a knock off I had to perform open heart surgery on this so-called 1080 P hi DEF dash camera. And by the hands of the mod gods this is what transpired. A 23 gram 720p anti-shake / LED headlight / fisheye lens Camera.

Here are some new pictures and video of the dash camera at work!!!

http://youtu.be/4mHUMtRYfaQ?hd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.