Macgyver RC Mod for the AR Drone

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
Tizzy
Thinking of bearings
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Re: Macgyver RC Mod for the AR Drone

Postby Tizzy » 25 May 2012, 20:47

http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/wiki/MacGyver

There's a link to the CT6B default settings file on the bottom, lock and load!

donbadabon
Ready for take off

Postby donbadabon » 28 May 2012, 21:09

Anyone know where to get a rechargeable battery pack and charging plug for the CT6B?

Drone Shop
Strange wobble
Drone Type: Bebop

Postby Drone Shop » 28 May 2012, 21:19

Chadfish great to see you still tilt the transmitter like an iphone in the 1st vid, i expect i would do the same too, natural reaction :-)

is there a way to upgrade the controller/transmitter or can you only use that one?

Tizzy
Thinking of bearings

Postby Tizzy » 28 May 2012, 21:30

donbadabon wrote:Anyone know where to get a rechargeable battery pack and charging plug for the CT6B?

I read somewhere that the plug on the CT6B is reversed polarity and will produce an interesting smell from the unit when used...

As for battery packs, I've seen a few lipo 2S packs which have been said to work but sorry I can't point you to a link

AsteroidS
Ready for take off

Postby AsteroidS » 29 May 2012, 04:05

Hi guys,

i bought the AR Drone 2.0 RC 2.4ghz Radio Kit from http://macdrones.com/drone2.html

what is the difference between the Spektrum Drone 2.0 DX8, DX7, DX6i Receiver kit?

thanks.

Tizzy
Thinking of bearings

Postby Tizzy » 29 May 2012, 06:26

the spektrum is a good quality receiver which works with the dx transmitters. The number dictates the number of channelsthe transmitter can handle. But I'm a Turnigy 9x transmitter fan myself which is just as good if not better (practically speaking) for a fraction of the price and works perfectly with the less expensive ct6b receiver. Beginners don't really need the expensive stuff.

DKS207
Just flips over

Postby DKS207 » 31 May 2012, 17:26

Tizzy wrote:
donbadabon wrote:Anyone know where to get a rechargeable battery pack and charging plug for the CT6B?

I read somewhere that the plug on the CT6B is reversed polarity and will produce an interesting smell from the unit when used...

As for battery packs, I've seen a few lipo 2S packs which have been said to work but sorry I can't point you to a link

I have actually re-wired the CT6B charging port to a direct wire to the battery connection on the internal board. Then I made a power cord out of an old power supply that fits the plug and on the other end attached a mini-tamiya plug. The transmitter won't work on a 2 cell it needs at least 12v, so I use just another AR.Drone battery to power my transmitter. I get about 4 - 5 hours off of a fully charged 1300Mah Li-Po.

AsteroidS
Ready for take off

Postby AsteroidS » 06 Jun 2012, 15:48

just received the macguyver mod for 2.0 and set it up. not really easy to use for a first timer especially with the lack of guide/documentation.

any idea how to flip my 2.0?

Lieber
Ready for take off

Postby Lieber » 09 Jun 2012, 07:26

I am running drone 1 whit 0.14 to update to 0.17 do i need change the wiring? or just upload the new version and start flying :D

AsteroidS
Ready for take off

Postby AsteroidS » 18 Jun 2012, 05:58

anyone able to flip the drone with this mod?

Tizzy
Thinking of bearings

Postby Tizzy » 18 Jun 2012, 07:29

If I'm not mistaken entering animation mode (from FM2 to FM1 and back within a second) is impossible with the CT6B as it has to pass through LAND when switching between modes. Using a different Tx, eg the excellent Turnigy9x, it's a doddle switching modes and an animation or flip is then initiated with the AILERON stick.

Tizzy
Thinking of bearings

Postby Tizzy » 18 Jun 2012, 07:35

Lieber wrote:I am running drone 1 whit 0.14 to update to 0.17 do i need change the wiring? or just upload the new version and start flying :D

It's not possible to simply update the mod with Miru's sketch as there are customizations in the sketch that need to be done first before it will function with the Tx supplied by MacGyver, eg switching modes needs to be be assigned properly and there are other adaptations. The best way to go would be to send MacG an email and I'm sure he'll be able to get you on your way.

illclairvoyant
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Postby illclairvoyant » 29 Jun 2015, 19:14

I know... I know, I'm years late...

My girlfriend just got me the AR. Drone 2.0 with the FlySky CT6B Transmitter & Macgyver mod already installed, but I think someone tried to modify the config file for the Transmitter at some point. The receiver detects the transmitter, but none of the controls work.

It seems the previously uploaded config file no longer exists. By any chance would someone happen to have one lying around they could upload somewhere for me?

solaris8x86
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Postby solaris8x86 » 30 Jun 2015, 02:38

illclairvoyant wrote:I know... I know, I'm years late...

My girlfriend just got me the AR. Drone 2.0 with the FlySky CT6B Transmitter & Macgyver mod already installed, but I think someone tried to modify the config file for the Transmitter at some point. The receiver detects the transmitter, but none of the controls work.

It seems the previously uploaded config file no longer exists. By any chance would someone happen to have one lying around they could upload somewhere for me?

You want the drone's firmware or the Macgyver mod config?
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ

AR.Tommy
Batterys getting low

Postby AR.Tommy » 30 Jun 2015, 10:31

The link to the config file on http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/wiki/MacGyver is broken, because someone linked the config file externally and its down.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Return to “Mods - AR Drone 1.0”