Ar drone 2w booster not impressed.

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
reyerd
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Ar drone 2w booster not impressed.

Post by reyerd » 14 Jul 2015, 15:16

Ordered a 2.4g 2w booster for my ar drone, installed it an soldered the power cabel to the board and the antenna cable to the board(have done the mod removing the chip and cutting trace). I am not impressed with the results, not even full bars in app when right next to it.

I removed the aluminum hull around the booser, can this be a problem? does it need the cooling for running.

when testing wifi signal close to the drone, right next to it what should the db be then usig app on phone?

solaris8x86
Strange wobble
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Ar drone 2w booster not impressed.

Post by solaris8x86 » 15 Jul 2015, 01:27

reyerd wrote:Ordered a 2.4g 2w booster for my ar drone, installed it an soldered the power cabel to the board and the antenna cable to the board(have done the mod removing the chip and cutting trace). I am not impressed with the results, not even full bars in app when right next to it.

I removed the aluminum hull around the booser, can this be a problem? does it need the cooling for running.

when testing wifi signal close to the drone, right next to it what should the db be then usig app on phone?

If you really did it right on the drone. Then you also need to boost the signal on your phone/tablet side (router mod, repeater mod or tablet mod). It is because WiFi is bi-directional.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ

wasuiniu
Newcomer

Post by wasuiniu » 15 Nov 2015, 14:08

Check out search on preditor wifi. When you see long white tube on tripod using dlink router. This is using a yagi antenna . I mounted my 2watt on it. With a tplink 19 dollar little white router from Walmart added antenna lead to board and hooked the whole thing up. My range is out of sight. Not sure how far though. Need to do drive test to see.

pahorpet
Newcomer

Post by pahorpet » 21 Dec 2015, 20:26

Hello wasuiniu,
Can you please give here some video or pictures how have you done it?