Login to disable ads!

Sport cross w/stock prop shaft fitment issue

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
Railgun
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sport cross w/stock prop shaft fitment issue

Post by Railgun » 04 Feb 2015, 12:10

Howdy folks...

I've recently picked up a sport cross and have had an issue with assembly. Three of four have been assembled without issue, but one of the stock prop shafts will simply not fit in the new mount/bearings. So much so I was a little more forceful than I should have been and destroyed the bottom bearing. I've since acquired a new mount and the issue remains.

Short of replacing the prop shafts with whatever else, I've searched around and not found any issue relating to this. I've also frozen the shaft hoping to reduce its size enough to get it in there, but nada.

Are stock shafts just not perfect from a qc perspective? Are they even supposed to fit? I assume I'm left with no alternative but to order some titanium shafts given the cf ones are allegedly not compatible. I'm even toying with lightly sanding to remove a bit of girth.

Thanks in advance!

newbep4
Newcomer

Re: Sport cross w/stock prop shaft fitment issue

Post by newbep4 » 07 Feb 2015, 12:13

i had this issue withmine too.... i found my bearings were put in wrong..... i know..... just check the thickness 4 thicker 4 thin ,,,,, then put them in in pairs ........ hopefully this helps you figure this out......

i also went to the hardware store to get thin washers for ALL screws that go thru the arms ...... DO NOT overtighten these .... will ruin the arms...

have fun hopefully it all works for you.......Bill :ugeek:

Darklo
Just flips over

Post by Darklo » 08 Feb 2015, 22:59

Last year I had the same problem with 2 sets of shafts and gears. Out of 4 shafts each, 1 had a small bulge at the bottom, preventing it to fit in the bearing. Even with stock bronze bushings the fit was just too tight. I ended up sending the shafts back and getting a replacement.

Perhaps yours came from the same bad batch as mine.

Railgun
Newcomer

Post by Railgun » 09 Feb 2015, 14:12

newbep4 wrote: i also went to the hardware store to get thin washers for ALL screws that go thru the arms ...... DO NOT overtighten these .... will ruin the arms...

have fun hopefully it all works for you.......Bill :ugeek:
Part of the reason I got a new motor as well. :cry:
Darklo wrote:
Perhaps yours came from the same bad batch as mine.
Interestingly, I got my cross from the US and the replacement mount in the UK. While I assume that's possible, I wouldn't think it was as likely.

I ended up sanding the shaft down just a bit and, while still tight, worked well. Now on to sort out flight issues.