How to extend AR Drone wifi range using wifi router (b/g/n)

Router, repeater (extender), GPS unit, antenna, tablet, FPV goggle, HD battery, charger, carrying case... etc.
webvan
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: How to extend AR Drone wifi range using wifi router (b/g/n)

Postby webvan » 13 Jun 2016, 11:05

Still using my Edimax EW-7416APN extender that creates its own network SSID so you know what you're connecting to (i.e. not the Drone's wifi). No issues controlling it however I've noticed that sometimes the video signal is lost even though it's showing 3 bars. Anyone seen that with a repeater before ? Bandwidth issues? Thanks !

solaris8x86
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Postby solaris8x86 » 14 Jun 2016, 04:36

webvan wrote:Still using my Edimax EW-7416APN extender that creates its own network SSID so you know what you're connecting to (i.e. not the Drone's wifi). No issues controlling it however I've noticed that sometimes the video signal is lost even though it's showing 3 bars. Anyone seen that with a repeater before ? Bandwidth issues? Thanks !

The repeater shows only the signal (bars) in between your tablet and the repeater. Not the repeater to the drone. That's why a repeater mod is a depreciated mod.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ

webvan
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Postby webvan » 14 Jun 2016, 07:14

Maybe that's the case with a repeater that uses the same SSID as the Drone but not with the EW-7416APN as the signal level shown in the app does change as the Drone flies further back and forth. If it showed the signal level between the smartphone and the repeater it would not change.

Return to “Mods - Custom Peripherals”