Wheel Antenna Mod - significant WiFi performance upgrade

Router, repeater (extender), GPS unit, antenna, tablet, FPV goggle, HD battery, charger, carrying case... etc.
thecraighammond
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Wheel Antenna Mod - significant WiFi performance upgrade

Postby thecraighammond » 13 Apr 2016, 13:54

Hey all,
New here (and new to drones really) so I'm a bit lost going through this whole thread.
It looks like the wheel mast mod seems to be the best/quickest way to quickly improve the AR Drone's (2.0) wifi range?
If that's still the case, Garrock which of the two (?) on your site would be best to buy?
If i'm totally up the wrong street with this then apologies!

garrock
I've been hit!!

Postby garrock » 15 Apr 2016, 12:38

thecraighammond wrote:... Garrock which of the two (?) on your site would be best to buy?

I recommend choosing the "Special". Send in your Main Board and I'll take care of modifying it.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

thecraighammond
Newcomer

Postby thecraighammond » 15 Apr 2016, 15:41

Ok, thanks for that.
I might try and get it sent in the next week or so.
With just that mode on an AR Drone 2.0 (Power edition, if it makes a difference) what's the sort of range benefits you tend to see?
I'm weighing up between this or a full RC mod over the wifi but I like the idea of the FPV and such.

garrock
I've been hit!!

Postby garrock » 18 Jun 2016, 19:07

Its been 3 1/2 years since I created the AR Drone Wheel Antenna Kit.

And, the antenna kit amazingly keeps on selling world wide.

The AR Drone is STILL the lowest total cost of ownership solution to experience real FPV style flight.

Even tiny little islands in the South Pacific show up on my global pincushion map. It has been a personally rewarding experience helping people scattered around the planet achieve their goals.

What I learned:
I am not in the drone accessory business. I am in the fantasy fulfilment business. This may sound a bit corny but actually very true: It is based on a deep time dream in all of us to fly like a bird. As many of us know, when you are heading way down range, your mind is projected into the drone as your Avatar while your physical body remains behind.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

Dirtdroner
Battery Charged

Postby Dirtdroner » 01 Jul 2016, 01:14

Garrock, when are you going to come up with a redbird style repeater for the P4? I need to run one up the flag pole to get over my trees!

garrock
I've been hit!!

Postby garrock » 11 Aug 2016, 23:13

Dirtdroner wrote:Garrock, when are you going to come up with a redbird style repeater for the P4? I need to run one up the flag pole to get over my trees!

The P4 uses DJI LightBridge 2.4ghz radio technology. So, I can't repeat it.

Return to “Mods - Custom Peripherals”